Consolidated Commander Roster and General Balance Changes (Up to date as of May 9th)
USF - Urban Assault
Urban Assault Kit
Support abilities for infantry fighting in Urban Environments.
Rear Echelon Rifle Grenades
This ability has been introduced as an interesting alternative to flamethrowers while serving a similar role of anti garrison/ cover positions.
- Can be upgraded with Rifle Grenades as one of this commanders slot abilities.
- Requires 60 munitions; locks out minesweepers
- AOE distance 0.5/1.5/4 versus 1/2/3 of the standard Fighting Pit.
- AOE damage 1/0.5/0.3 versus 1/0.75/0.25 of the standard Fighting Pit.
- Damage modifier of 0.75 against heavy cover
- Range 35, 20 minimum.
- When suppressed, a scatter penalty applied
Rifleman Incendiary Grenades
- Provides Riflemen with Incendiary Grenades; similar to Molotovs. Shares a cooldown with Frags. 30 munitions.
- Unlocked by Lieutenant or captain tech as opposed to grenade package
M4A3 Assault Package
Unlocks Dozer Blade Upgrade and White Phosphorous shells ability to Sherman Tanks.
The dozer blade will now increase armor to be in-line with tanks such as the Sherman 105.
- M4A3 Sherman Tanks can now be upgraded with Dozer Blades. This now costs 50 manpower and 20 fuel.
- Now increases Sherman armour from 160/80 to 215/105.
- Health increase reamins the same (640 to 720)
- M4A3 Shermans can now fire a single WP shell at the target position for 20 munitions. Cooldown of 20 seconds.
Cover to Cover
- Drops three smoke shells at the target position.
- Infantry within 50m of the ability will sprint for 20 seconds after the ability is cast.
- Reinforce cost from 33 to 32
- Cost from 400 to 350
- 0.9 Damage reduction removed. Rangers were the only unit in the game with this trait.
- Received Accuracy from 0.8 to 0.73 in compensation for the above change.
- Now have access to Paratrooper bazookas when picking them up from weapon racks or from drops. In the live game, a UI indicator will signal this.
- Far AOE damage from 0.15 to 0.25
- Cost from 380/140 to 380/115
- Reload from 1.25 to 0.125; matches cool down;
- AOE from 4 to 5
- Health from 480 to 400
USF - General Faction Changes
WC 51 Dodge and M3
- Passenger moving accuracy from 50% to 40%. Reverted from 30%.
-Now start on initial cooldown.
-Cooldown from 18 to 20.
-Veterancy requirements from 340/680/1360; applies to both variants (IRPF)
Rear Echelon Troops
*Covering Fire ability has had its received accuracy penalty reduced from 1.4 to 1.15. This should make the ability more viable in certain situations.
British - Lend Lease Assault
- Gives Infantry sections the Assault Section Upgrade
- Requires Platoon Command Post.
- Costs 70 munitions.
- Gives the squad 2 Thompson SMGs, Sten Guns (with Assault Engineer Grease Gun stats) No.77 White Phosphorous Grenades, and removes their Out-of-Cover penalties.
- Grants an additional -5% Receieved Accuracy.
81mm Mortar Team
- Available from 0CP
- Costs 240 manpower.
- Same mortar as the USF 81mm Mortar.
Allows M5s Half-Tracks to be deployed at 2 Command Points. The Quad upgrade for the British m5 takes an additional 15 seconds that the Soviet version for timing reasons.
- This unit is receiving buffs. See Soviet section below.
*Identical to XXXXX Costs XXXX
M10 Achillies I
- Can be built from the Company Command Post.
- Same stats as the USF M10.
- Can use Hammer and Anvil abilities
UKF general faction changes
6-pounder loses its 50% accuracy bonus versus light vehicles
The Universal Carrier is having its upgrades standardized to require the Platoon Command Post. We have also increased the price of Self-Repair so snares that hit the Universal Carrier evenly trade in terms of munitions.
- Armor from 7 to 5.8.
- Self-Repair cost from 15 to 25. (previous vickers tech lock change reverted)
Soviet - Airbourne
Weapon Crate Drop
- Requires 1 Command Point.
- Drops a crate at the target position that can be picked up by infantry.
- Grants the squad that picks it up with 4 Penal Battalion SVTs; takes up 1 weapon slot.
- Engineer SVTs do not count as slot items; ensures the upgrade does not interfere with minesweepers or flamethrowers.
- Penals picking up the crate replace their SVTs with six Shocktrooper PpsH-41s. Takes up one weapon slot.
- Paradrop costs 125 manpower and 50 munitions
- Available from 2 Command Points
- Penetration from 4.5/3/1.5 to 7/6/5 (now similar to USF .50 cal)
- Arc from 30 to 34 (reverted from 38)
Airborne Rally Point
- Available at 2 Command Points
- Costs 100 manpower and 15 fuel.
- Can detect enemies in a range of 60 around it.
- Can reinforce units in friendly territory
- Can request a Medical Airdrop at the target position for 20 munitions.
- When the Mechanized Armor Kampaneya is deployed, it can act as a Forward Retreat Point.
- Has 320 Health.
- Costs 360 manpower
- Available from 3 CP
- Equipped with SVTs and RGD-33 Grenade as standard
- Can upgrade in neutral or enemy territory.
- Veterancy 1 ability “IL-2 Suppression Strafe”: Calls in an airstrike at the target position within 40m of the Airborne squad for 60 munitions. Low damage, but will pin most targets. Shares a global cooldown
Upgrade route 1 - DP28s
- Can be equipped with 3 DP 28s for 100 munitions.
- DP-28 Upgrade provides Fire Superiority; same ability as Cavalry Riflemen Covering Fire.
Upgrade Route 2 - PPSH
- Can also be upgraded with PPSh-41s for free; grants access to smoke grenade and equips the full squad with the Shocktrooper PPSh-41s.
IL-2 Rocket Strafe
* Requires 10 Command Points.
* Costs 100 munitions
* Barrages the area with P-47 rockets. Effective against vehicles.
Soviets - General faction changes
To improve the performance of Conscripts, while retaining their role as utility infantry that excel at shielding and supporting other units, we have added an upgrade to help them scale into the late game. The extra man and reduced reinforce cost will allow them to more effectively trade against opposing infantry while the veterancy bonus will help fresh Conscript squads gain veterancy.
- New squad upgrade available after the Mechanized Armor Kampaneya is deployed.
- Mobilized Reserves: Increases squad size by 1, reduces squad reinforce cost to 17 and increases veterancy gain by 20%. Takes up one weapon slot. Costs 50 munitions.
- When upgraded with Mobilize Reserves, weapon cooldown and reload on Mosin Nagant rifles is reduced by 50% when in cover.
Range Numbers: 0/10/20/30/35
Conscript Rifle: 3.61/2.6/1.98/1.346/1.0
Conscript Rifle in Cover: 3.91/2.87/2.21/1.54/1.22
Conscript AT Grenade Package
Fuel cost from 25 to 10.
In order to increase the general viability of Maxims, without promoting Maxim spam, we are increasing suppression when using the Sustained Fire ability.
The following change is intended to allow the Maxim to better suppress tactical control groups when the player is spotting for their Maxim and using the Sustained Fire ability in a strategic fashion.
- Sustained Fire ability now increases suppression by 25% (increased from 15% in previous version). This will be adjusted as necessary.
M-42 Anti-Tank Gun
The range on canister rounds is being reduced to increase infantry-based counterplay against groups of M42 ATGs.
- Canister range from 50 to 35.
- Cost from 200 to 240
The M5 is receiving a small number of changes to improve its role as a support vehicle.
- Cost from 270/30 to 240/30
- M2HB Quad mount moving burst from 0.5 to 0.75
- M2HB Quad mount far accuracy from 0.1 to 0.125
- M2HB Quad mount burst duration from 1/5 to 1.5/2
- M2HB Quad mount Cost from 100 to 90
The SU-76 is receiving a number of slight changes to improve its role against light and medium vehicles with only a slight reduction against heavy tanks.
- Accuracy from 0.05/0.035/0.025 to 0.05/0.04/0.0375
- Penetration from 200/190/180 to 180/170/160
- Rotation rate from 30 to 32
M5 Assault HalfTrack
*Now available from 3 CPs, reduced from 5.
*Cost reduced to 510 Manpower and 30 fuel.
Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves
Assault Grenadiers are receiving a small number of changes to help them close the distance and increase their scaling in the late game.
- Target Size from 1 to 0.95
- Veterancy 1 Received Accuracy from -10% to -6.5%.
- Can now be upgraded with a Veteran Squad Leader for 60 munitions. Veteran squad leader increases capture and decapture rate by 20%.
- -Adds -5% Received Accuracy to the squad.
MP 40s are also having their mid-range power increased to match SMGs like the M3 Grease gun used by Assault Engineers. This change also affects Assault Officer and Volksgrenadier MP 40s.
- MP 40 Mid range cooldown from 1.25 to 1
- MP 40 Mid accuracy from 0.24 to 0.375
- MP40 reload frequency from 4/5 to 6
- MP40 reload from 2.8/3.5 to 2.8
Radio Bunker - Replaced With Observation 251 Upgrade
Due to feedback, we have replaced the Observation Bunker with a mobile unit that better meshes with the theme of the commander.
- Replaces Observation Bunker.
- All non-upgraded 251 Half-tracks can deploy as a Mobile Observation Post; disables weapons and movement. Unit is granted camouflage and access to special abilities. Detected when within 20m of the enemy.
- Auto-detects nearby units within 60m when deployed.
- Can launch Artillery Flares when deployed.
- Requires 3 command points.
- Panzergrenadiers can throw Smoke Grenades. Smoke grenades gain +25% range at veterancy 3 and share a cooldown with Bundle Grenade.
- Pioneers can be upgraded to Destroy Cover for 30 munitions; same as Royal Engineers. Also increases repair speed by 0.3.
- Pioneers can also throw satchel charges
Panzer IV J
- Gives Ostheer access OKW Panzer IV J
- Available from the HQ; requires either the Support Armor Korp or the Heavy Panzer Korps.
The Tiger Ace has undergone a rework with the intention to make it a less controversial unit. The following changes should make it less frustrating to both play with and against.
In-line with the OKW changes and to allow players to be rewarded for teching, the Tiger Ace has been placed at the end of the Ostheer tech tree.
- CP requirement removed.
- Now requires Heavy Panzer Korps before it can be called in.
- Cooldown now starts upon unit's destruction
- No longer reduces income.
- Tiger Ace still retains its 1280HP and 2x DPS on coaxial MG over Tiger
- Now starts at veterancy 1.
- Sight from 50 to 35.
- Has 10% increased accuracy over the regular Tiger.
- Now has access to Spearhead ability at veterancy 1 in addition to Blitzkrieg; similar to King Tiger's ability.
- Has access to Emergency Repairs ability; same as OKW Elite Armor.
- CP requirement from 17 to 15
- Population from 26 to 24
- Cost from 800/150 to 800/250
- Limited 1 time call-in removed.
Wehrmacht - General faction changes
A number of changes have been made to a small group of underused Ostheer units to increase their viability and increase composition diversity. More details can be found below.
We’ve made some significant improvements to the Ostwind to improve its viability compared to the Panzer IV, and make it a reliable vehicle against both infantry and aircraft.
- Reload Frequency from 5 to 7
- Scatter from 7.1 to 5.25
- Cooldown from 0.5/0.7 to 0.35
- Scatter offset to 0
- Minimum range removed.
- AA chance from 17% to 24%
- Veterancy 2 AA chance from 24% to 40%
- AOE can now only hit two models max per squad.
StuG III G
The StuG III is being given increased mobility and a reduced target size to improve its survivability on the field against AT-based units, and to compensate for its lower range compared to other tank destroyers and fixed turret
- Target size from 20 to 17
- Rotation rate from 22 to 28
Panzergrenadiers are in a difficult position in the live game. We want to experiment with earlier deployment, before considering raw performance changes. Being able to fit Panzergrenadiers more easily into a build, and acquire veterancy sooner should result in more build diversity for Wehrmacht, while giving them access to a unit which can compete more readily with late-game Allied Infantry.
We also want to emphasize their role as mechanized infantry, despite removing them from T2. As such, we have added the Infantry Doctrine Combined Arms passive as a stock vet 1 ability.
- Now available from the HQ after Battle Phase 1
- Population from 9 to 8
- Infantry Doctrine Combined Arms now a veterancy 1 passive. Medkits removed.
- Combined Arms ability now triggers when near allied vehicles.
- Veterancy 2 now adds +16.7% weapon accuracy.
- Veterancy 3 accuracy bonus from +40% to +20%. (note that split accuracy vet still results in total of +40% (current value) at vet 3
- G43 upgrade cost from 60 to 25.
- Reinforce time from 8.5 to 7.
- Build time from 34 to 28.
250 Ht Mechanized Grenadier Group
*Now available from 2CP, was previously 3 Cp
250 Ht Panzergrenadier Group
*Now available from 2CP, was previously 3 Cp
OKW - Grand Offensive
* Now cost 280 MP
* Now available at 0 CPs from the Regimental Headquarters.
* Flare cost reduced from 45 to 35
* Initial squad size from 6 to 5.
* Grenade AOE distance from 0.75/1.5/2.25 to 1/2/3.
* Timed ‘Sprint’ ability replaces Passive Sprint at veterancy 5. Requires veterancy 5. Sprint lasts for 5 seconds
Upgrade route 1 - Panzershrecks
- Can be upgraded with two Panzerschrecks for 120 munitions. Grants the ability to plant Teller mines, but disables ATG Grenades. Locks out G43s.
- Requires converted headquarters
_Upgrade route 2 - Recon Package (G43s) _
- Recon package now increases squad size from 5 to 6.
- Now takes up 1 weapon slot. Previously took no slots.
- Requires converted headquarters
Infrared STG 44 package
- Infrared STG 44 package for Obersoldaten
Stuka Smoke Drop
- Identical to OKW Luftwaffe doctrine ability
-Ability identical to Elite Armour doctrine
Panzer VI Tiger
- Command Tiger now available as a call-in at 0 CP, but requires an operational Schwerer Panzer HQ on the field.
- Costs 630 Manpower and 230 fuel
- Veterancy 1: Command Tiger ability. Costs 15 munitions. Reduces the reload of vehicles by 20% and the received accuracy of vehicles by 20%. Does not affect the Tiger. During this ability, the tank will have reduced combat performance. Increases the Tiger's reload time by 20% and reduces accuracy by 20%.
- Veterancy 2: +5 range, +20% accuracy; Command Tiger ability now -affects vehicles.
- Veterancy 3:-20% scatter, -30% reload
- Veterancy 4: Combat Blitz
- Veterancy 5:+20% rotation, +20% speed, +20% ac/de-cel
- OKW Tiger uses OKW Combat Blitz ability
OKW General Faction Changes
The Kubelwagen is receiving mobility and veterancy changes to allow it to escape from other light vehicles such as the M3 and gain veterancy without needing to be on the front-line where its light armor and low health are liabilities.
- Rotation from 40 to 46
- Speed from 7 to 7.6
- Now gains shared veterancy
We have reduced the significant veterancy requirements on the le.IG to match its current performance.
Veterancy rate from 840/1680/3360/4480/5600 to 560/1020/2040/3060/3825
General Game Changes
*Booby traps of all varieties can now be placed on VPs.
This mod is a fair bit more complicated under the hood than a standard tuning pack. Some of the work we've had to has affected the ai, and other core functions.
To quote one of our illustrious modders;
"We're doing a lot of dynamic replacement of starting buildings. Soviet, Ostheer, and OKW can be made to use the config to replace the buildings that might be able to help with AI. Any army with a stamp based base, i.e. US and Brits can't be properly overridden this way because we can't have custom stamps in wincondition packs. Since an entity spawns the stamp, the spawned entities of the stamp can't be replaced "Properly" so all is done in runtime."
For now at least the AI won't work properly, but we're testing out this fix.
In the meantime, try to arrange games with other players through the Discord channel: https://discord.gg/mRYSckX