Wehrmacht - New Commander Mod Official Discussion

124»

Comments

2 months ago
    RomanovRomanov Posts: 48

Just an aesthetic suggestion: Since the price and health went down and the bunker can camouflage (is not meant for combat) it probably could be replaced with an obervation station, think there are models of antennas and radar units that could serve as that

2 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,792
    200mp is cheap 60mu is not. If you can afford to spam flares as Ost then you are going to win anyways.
    2 months ago
    WAAAGH2000WAAAGH2000 Posts: 40

Observation Bunker is big joke.....replace by anyother ability is better than this....

2 months ago
    I think the ob bunker is a neat ability. People always shit on Intel abilities because it passive but I think they are a very important part of the game. It requires a higher skill level to turn knowledge into advantage vs making use of something more tangible but it's definitely cheap enough to make good use of. Only issue I think I have at this time is that the flares are too expensive for how much more restrictive they are. I might even go as far as to say remove them entirely and instead toy with the idea of reintroducing garrison but without the ability to shoot from it and instead increased Los. It's an observation bunker. Let us observe from it! (via garrisons so that you need to have some input into it) also the flares really give it away so like.... Why even bother with the camo...
    1 month ago
    Kaizhur262Kaizhur262 Posts: 4

Since garrisoning the observation bunker has been removed, why not just remove it and bring back radio intercept. The bunker seems useless. Radio intercept being a passive ability is more useful and less of a hassle to build. I mean the Soviet's Armoured Assault Tactics and Partisan Tactics have radio intercept. Its more useful than a bunker.

1 month ago
    I think the ob bunker is really neat, but really rough.
    Some things that could be considered:
    -Flares need a huge price reduction. Something more towards 30mu in line with other flare abilities on units instead of the 60mu global seems reasonable.
    -I think the map hax is underpowered as well. Compare to other similar abilities like OKW sws hax which is passive or various Soviet hax which DO cost munitions but are mobile. The OST one seems like it has a very long cooldown

Perhaps changing the model with a watchtower and letting it provide a LOS bonus to garrisons would be more effective for passive power?a Victor target could also be interesting or a sweep of UHU map hacks? I know it's cheap to build but it somehow still feels underwhelming.
    Neat idea but very rough
    1 month ago
    Patrol_OmegaPatrol_Om… Posts: 192

60 munition is the standard cost for a lot of abilities @thedarkarmadillo and it comes with 2 flares with a huge sight radius, plus the passive that is amazing. So the price is already great for its purpose.

The radius might need a reduction tho.

1 month ago
    @Patrol_Omega 60mu is the cost of the fire anywhere flares that the okw have. These flares are limited in range and require a 200mp investment for access. There's no reason they should cost the same as a version that lacks any restrictions. Compare to something like mortar flares that are only 30 mu and is mobile. I see no reason not to take that step to make the bunker more attractive
    The passive IS good, but a little clunky imo for a purpose built bunker.
    1 month ago
    Lnk003Lnk003 Posts: 417
    edited April 29

@Romanov said:
    Just an aesthetic suggestion: Since the price and health went down and the bunker can camouflage (is not meant for combat) it probably could be replaced with an obervation station, think there are models of antennas and radar units that could serve as that

Same and the icon do exist as an object (see below - the other big radio tour has an issue it seems tho, it always spawned this way. Sad because it's awesome imo ).

The watchtower suggestion is also pretty cool imo.

1 month ago

@thedarkarmadillo the bunker's cost was already reduced from 300Mp to 200mp that's way cheaper than any other similar type of building currently out there, yet you desire for an adtional Ammo cost reduction while any other faction has to struggle with the same price costs?

It doesn't seem logical

1 month ago
    edited April 29

@Patrol_Omega said:
    @thedarkarmadillo the bunker's cost was already reduced from 300Mp to 200mp that's way cheaper than any other similar type of building currently out there, yet you desire for an adtional Ammo cost reduction while any other faction has to struggle with the same price costs?

It doesn't seem logical

what?

there is nothing comparable to the bunker in game, except MAYBE the okwsws trucks with early warning, and those have map hax as a full time passive, not as a long cooldown active ability. there IS however something comparable to the flare, that would be the ability it is literally a copy and paste of, and that ability doesnt have any restrictions for range or prerequisites of a building yet costs the same.
    there is no way to possibly argue that a more restrictive version should be equal in cost. both infantry flares as well as soviet mortar flares cost half as much as well as being mobile. its the exact same ability as the okw version without the flexibility. it should not cost the same full stop.
    the bunker could be FREE and the flares should still be cheaper because the flares are only available where you build it, not anywhere on the fly.

1 month ago

So the solution to the OKW losing their tiger behind teching was to lock the Wehrmacht's behind teching too? Okay, fine. When do the soviets lose the IS-2 behind teching as well?

1 month ago
    edited May 1

As you'll notice the radio upgrade that pops at 3cp is not seen before it. As well as radio doesn't state it's exclusive with flamer, (althought flamer upgrade removes the ability but you might not notice).

It might be time to adress okw's bs flares abilities whether it's the early warning spam that is free and insta active on every captured point or the no restriction one that cost some ammo when other have restrictions for same cost like
    -Uk early warning is limited to frontline and cost the same
    -Here on the mod where you need a tech up then the building then build a stock unit and then spend 60 ammo and you are still limited in range and need to move around the unit to cover part of the map.

1 month ago

@Lnk003 said:
    As you'll notice radio upgrade pops at 3cp it's not seen before it. As well as radio doesn't state it's exclusive with flamer, (althought flamer upgrade removes the ability but you might not notice).

Wehrmacht
    Radio Bunker - Replaced With Observation 251 Upgrade

Due to feedback, we have replaced the Observation Bunker with a mobile unit that better meshes with the theme of the commander.

-Replace Observation Bunker.
    -All non-upgraded 251 Half-tracks can deploy as a Mobile Observation Post; disables weapons and movement. Unit is granted camouflage and access to special abilities. Detected when within 20m of the enemy.
    -Auto-detects nearby units within 60m when deployed.
    -Can launch Artillery Flares when deployed.
    -Requires 3 command points.

1 month ago
    PanzerFutzPanzerFutz Melbourne, OzPosts: 346

The Observation upgrade isn't very impressive but, worse than that, it's buggy.

BUG - Observation mode doesn't lock out the flamer upgrade but, if you upgrade to the flamer while in Observation mode, it locks the unit completely. The unit is unable to unlock or move or use any weapons. Observation mode needs to prevent the flamer upgrade to stop this from happening.

I hope this can be fixed because, another broken unit isn't any good.

1 month ago
    edited May 1

@thedarkarmadillo said: [...]

@Lnk003 said:

I meant in game: The point was to update flamer tooltip or one of the tooltips so it's stated in game and clearly tells you.
    As well the commander has 4 abilities then the radio one pops like tiger 2 unlike usual where you see everything before it gets unlocked (not that it's not seen in patch note but more in game what happens and what can make you think it's not working or whatever ).

1 month ago

The Assault Grenadier only cost 5 Population for an instant call-in 280 MP infantry unit with 0CP required

I believe the Mod team didn't notice this, but the Pop Cost should be increased from 5 to 7

The only infantry units that cost 5 Population are Combat Engineers and Pioneers, so it is very disruptive.

Also, the ability to Sprint should be increased from 10 to 15, not even Conscripts can sprint for such a low price.

1 month ago

Stormtroopers can upgrade both weapons ... 8 MP cost ...................... cheaper in MP and Pop cost than nerfed Guards and Shock troops, but they come with 2 weapon upgrades ......

Is this a bug?