[Usf-all] I hope that Pershing strengthens the place

1 year ago
problem:
The cost of the Panxing heavy (medium) tank is not proportional to the combat capability.Compared with other national army tanks, it is not particularly threatenin.So I want to make it a powerful and unique tank.

solution:
Like the M4A3 (76), you can switch between armor-piercing and HVAP, which can make more effective damage.
2 star experienced grenade removal,Change to increase range or increase field of view.
Thank you for reading, I hope you can agree with me.

Comments

1 year ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 299
    edited April 2019

Only thing that would make sence for the pershing is make it a 960 health unit since the panthers health got buffed a while ago. it could use a bit more survival since it's cost pretty much and theres tons of axis heavy and tank destroyer already on the field when it comes out. Otherwise it's brutal against inf and more than ok against tanks, so dont think any other stats need to be change really. At vet 3 it even becomes a killermachine since the small reloadtime and with that aoe against inf almost close to the kingtiger's..

1 year ago
    Hower12Hower12 Posts: 39
    Well, I want to ask you, how can you be sure that there are many axle weights and tank destroyers in each field? How much risk and time does it take to upgrade a heavy tank to 3 stars (5 stars) in a game? In addition to the elephant and tiger hunting platform, which heavy is not cruel to inf? And I don't believe that all German army players will use inf to fight heavy tanks without using AT.
    1 year ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 299

It arrives pretty simulary as Panthers, tigers, kingtigers so yes, it should be pretty much heavy tanks on the field by then. Thats why it should fit good with extending its survival to 960hp. Of course, but usf late weak game dosent fall on stats around a call in tank, it's more the lack of prooper artillery for USF. Okw has Walking stuka, ost panzerwerfer. You pretty musch forced to go priest commander if you want to have some good arty as usf, the suport gun is only good from early and mid until it get destroyed by walking stuka, panzerwerfer or leFH.

1 year ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 512
    edited May 2019
    Ya pershing has a poor timeing to try and gain vet along with the very poor ability (nerfed along with sharing reload so no double shots anymore) and gaining vet is atrocious.

Panther has had many stat changes which now allows it to out perform pershing in anti tank role/ survivability, despite the lower cost and restrictions it has while maintaining reasonable anti infantry.

Pershing lost the ability to decrew so no longer can you put a veted crew member into it and cannot self repair ( which it should have received a self repair ability at least to make up the difference)

Pershing needs a good hard look at.

Also in terms of artillery I agree specifically in large team games.
    1 year ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 883

Pershing should have no de-crew ability. Just image a new player team mate who forgets their Pershing crew & enemy takes it. You know you lost the game.

Pershing should have something to buff its survival-bility itself, like self-repair like UKF, or defensive-smoke like M8scott.

Currently I have no problem with Panthers. I have plenty tricks to deal with them. But I feel like Panther become immortal when they use Pz tactic smoke then Blitz retreat. They escape even with 100hp damaged engine.

1 year ago
    MartevallMartevall Posts: 122
    That's why Pershing must have any survival-ability
    1 year ago
    In fact, it is also necessary for Pershing to have the ability to jump out of the vehicle. This is a feature of the USF. Therefore, it is reasonable to use it in Pershing.
    1 year ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824

actually, its not necessary to have the pershing crew disembark.the opposite actually. heavy tanks are limited to 1 on field at a time, a decrewed tank isnt a controlled tank and thus could be used to get around that limit. being able to ignore a core rule of the game (limited heavy armour) is not reasonable.

1 year ago
    No pershing should not be able to decrew. To many negatives for it to be positive.
    Although it should still be able to self repair at the least.

You could say the same for any usf vehicle but pershing in particular is a special case.
    1 year ago
    I know why you objected, so I have the idea: When Pershing uses the team members to jump out of behavior, it will not become a neutral unit. It is still our unit. Players can move but cannot attack. There must be a unit to enter Pershing to attack
    1 year ago
    One thing - self repair and smoke screen and pershing will be awesome
    1 year ago
    edited May 2019
    I know, but that is the feature of the UKF. In fact,I like self-healing but I want to try to bring the features of USF into the game.
    1 year ago
    HingieHingie Posts: 2,006

The Pershing deserves to get nothing. Its a unit, like the Calliope, the US shouldnt even have. Their core faction design was built specifically without a heavier tank in design.

1 year ago

Soviet does have self-repair, a worse version of UKF that doesnt have smoke.

1 year ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,681

@Hingie said:
    The Pershing deserves to get nothing. Its a unit, like the Calliope, the US shouldnt even have. Their core faction design was built specifically without a heavier tank in design.

Pershing is literally comet with better AoE, limited to one and without vehicle crew.
    Given stats of premium meds and heavies, Pershing isn't even heavy, so it does fit USF.

1 year ago
    edited May 2019
    > @Hingie said:
    > The Pershing deserves to get nothing. Its a unit, like the Calliope, the US shouldnt even have. Their core faction design was built specifically without a heavier tank in design.

Usf faction is not even the same as it used to be 4 years ago or dealing with the same.
    1 year ago
    > @Hower12 said:
    > I know, but that is the feature of the UKF. In fact,I like self-healing but I want to try to bring the features of USF into the game.
    >

Although give Pershing smoke i wonder about abillity to escape for him it can be everything except from offensive ability but plz. Ps. Rangers should have another grenade
    1 year ago
    A specially US faction is smoke expert do you can easy bring smoke screen for Pershing
    1 year ago
    Pershing is much more than a comet with higher aoe. It's a bloody mini tiger and it's - 50% reload is one of the most formidable vet bonuses around.
    1 year ago
    I think the IS-2 is like a tiger and a Pershing tank can only make one, but the comet tank can be produced as long as it has sufficient resources and has more skills than the Pershing tank. There are some problems with this.
    1 year ago
    You're right
    1 year ago

Most USF vehicle is soft but has various utility.
    Except Heavy calvary, both Ranger & Pershing have raw power, zero utility.

1 year ago
    > @C3Tooth said:
    > Most USF vehicle is soft but has various utility.
    > Except Heavy calvary, both Ranger & Pershing have raw power, zero utility.

And that's why they should get another ability for exhange of some (not much) power
    1 year ago

@Martevall said:
    > @C3Tooth said:
    > Most USF vehicle is soft but has various utility.
    > Except Heavy calvary, both Ranger & Pershing have raw power, zero utility.

And that's why they should get another ability for exhange of some (not much) power

depends on what kind of ability you want to give it...

1 year ago
    WAAAGH2000WAAAGH2000 Posts: 132

Just reduce fuel cost to 190.....

1 year ago

Eventhough many units have the same cost, but one is better than the other. For many reason:

• The timing that unit is on the field
    • Utility
    • Single role/multiple role
    • Doc/non doc
    • Limited/no limited

The Pershing it self is totally worth its 230fuel. Unlike Panther with mainly AT role. Pershing round can deal infantry, they also have defensive grenade.
    Though it is only available in a Single Doc, Limited by one. Which make their 230fuel doesnt feel it worth the cost for Panther & Comet. Not mention Pershing come later than Panther. A Pershing will always have to face at least 2 Panthers. 3 rounds from each Panther, the Pershing is dead in 11sec.

Panther has advantage of timing (comes earlier than Pershing), non Doc, no Limited.
    Pershing has advantage of Multiple role. And thats it.

Currently Panther can take 6 rounds, 1 more than the rest of Premium Medium tanks, while Tiger can take 7 rounds, only 1 more than a Panther. But you know these, Panther has Light tank speed make them really hard to be flanked, range is 5m greater than other Premium Medium, usually rush in a pack of 2-3, that make Panther is much scarier than Tiger.
    I afraid 2 Panthers more than a Tiger Ace.

1 year ago
    Sad when I'm more afraid of Panthers than tigers.
    Pershing was always ment to be an In between panther and tiger.
    Slower than a panther faster than a tiger. More armor/survivability and damage than a panther but less than a tiger.

Now as far as vet 3. -50% reload ya it is awsome and will more than overwhelm a panther tank once it hits vet 3 but until then vet 0-2 it is always inferior and that is a major problem with everything hinging on vet 3 among timing problems.
    1 year ago
    > @thedarkarmadillo said:
    > @Martevall said:
    > > @C3Tooth said:
    > > Most USF vehicle is soft but has various utility.
    > > Except Heavy calvary, both Ranger & Pershing have raw power, zero utility.
    >
    > And that's why they should get another ability for exhange of some (not much) power
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > depends on what kind of ability you want to give it...

For example Pershing will get medium-low cost ability wchich could help him to survive , i am not really sure about what Rangers should have it can be grenade or passive ability
    1 year ago
    If you ever play All 172 units mod, you will see Pershing has many passive abilities. Beside defensive grenade and Concrete piercing round, Pershing has self-smoke and ability to upgrade gun for 60ammo (gain pen rate) & armor for 90ammo (gain 240hp more).
    But Im sure USF players will not ask more than a self-smoke ability.
    1 year ago
    Yep , smoke-ability to quick retreat from battle will worth