The only playable commander of OKW.

1 year ago
AlfakofAlfakof Posts: 16
edited June 2019 in Commander Feedback

I understand that the developers do not care about one question. Playing for OKV, players do not want and apparently do not try to be able to play for any commander, except for the doctrine of Fortification. They love FLAK emplacement, Lefh 18, destructive zeroing artileriyu, and of course cheat Pak 43 which I have already spoken. Such shit as trenches and bunkers they certainly do not use, but it does not prevent them to take this doctrine in 70% of cases. Well, the doctrine Overwatсh you also gave Lefh 18, now because of her this doctrine is also used more often than others (excluding Fortification). Well all this is accompanied by broken all spam pioneers. Will there be variety in the game or not? Because the new tactics of the British troops only will be gives a shit ability called Woolverin, which we will not find any use against of the OKW doctrines. And the ability to build Lefh 18 you can already make affordable ability, because any fight now i see many Lefh 18 on the field.
You have no idea how much the face of the commander of the fortification doctrine is already annoying.
This is a huge number of DIFFERENT players, but they have so much in common...

Comments

1 year ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824
    edited June 2019
    Some commanders simply lend themselves better to team games. As it is team games are arty parties so it's not unreasonable for the arty commanders to be prevalent. Not even starting about how the new JLI commander is actually brokenly powerful without accounting for the arty its pretty well a prime choice

Allied commanders generally revolve around arty as well. The Soviet least actually however due to wehr having multiple commanders that can off map the tits out of static arty.
    1 year ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 880

This can be explained by

The strenght of faction:
    Lets tell the Soviet offensive is 7 points & defensive is 3
    Or Brit offensive is 3 & defensive is 7
    Except Okw offensive is 10 while defensive is totally lack of. Heavy fortification just fill up 10 points to the defensive. The commander gives them fulfill top score for both categories

The number of tools that the commander give:
    2 command points, Ost defensive doc gives you ability to build Tanktrap & trench which take 2 slots, Okw fortification gives you Tanktrap, Flak, trench in a single slot. Later Volk able to build bunker & mine field that take another slot. => Ost has 2 abilities in 2 slots / Okw has 5 ability in 2 slots
    8 command points, Ost has Hulldown ability which is really useless against Allies TD today. Okw has LeFH is more annoying, especially you have Stuka & Zeroing arty combine.

The commander's tool combines with non-doc units:
    We dont see Pak43 is powerful in Ost defensive doc. But it is for Okw.
    Reasons:
    at first Ost doesnt have LeFH to sit tight and arty on enemy, you still have to be agressive
    second bunkers can not defend themselves from enemy infantry coming at the flank which Flak placement able to
    third _Ost doesnt have HQs close retreat point to keep crewing the abandoned Pak/LeFH
    _fourth
    Ost doesnt have FlakHQ to general defending the defensive place
    fifth is Ost doesnt have SpotlightHT to spot camo units that trying to scout to arty their defensive place.

As an Allies player, I feel bad to see Ost being an inferior faction to Okw, but they're still needed to Cache up for Okw team mate.

1 year ago
    Balanced_GamerBalanced_… Posts: 200

It simply has some Wehrmacht elements such as the Bunkers which proves to be useful and support weapons. OKW overall in comparison has pretty shitty team weapons all being inferior compared to Wehrmacht.

"MG42" has great suppression > "MG34" suppression and damage somewhat lackluster

"Wehr Mortar" better overall damage although less accurate > "LEIG" slightly more accurate but has worse overall damage due to AOE

"Pak40" a real support weapon > "Raketenwerfer" which can be good but it is not really a trustworthy support weapon

Pak43 and LefH 18 helps in someway counter their inferior support weapons and help them be an actual team player. Without Wehrmacht in team games. OKW can in most aspects lose due to few factors.
    First as mentioned, inferior support weapons.
    Second no caches for OKW, needs Wehr to do it for them.
    Third their bases are made vulnerable meaning losing them would cost you significantly. OKW mostly in team games suffer.

That is just it. Even if OKW builds last base which people argue is strong and I am not denying that fact but by the time it is built. You can just arty it to the ground meaning OKW is useless against Vehciles. Sure it can hold some ground but for how long and how well is the question?

Why is OKW bad is because they lack proper AT gear. Sturmpio with 1 Pzshrek is lackluster since it would deal 120 damage against vehicles over a period of 6-8 seconds. Time of Pzshreks to reload and that much damage. That is not even a proper AT gear at all.

Raketenwerfer being the worst AT support weapon as it scales poorly and it is vulnerable. Everyone knows by know how it is.

I find it odd but I must say that Panzerwerfer is better than Walking Stuka. I have had better luck with it and it is simply better although you have get closer, it is worth the overall devastating effect. Walking Stuka in my opinion is terrible. It always misses since anyone can evade it with ease. Panzerwerfer, once you hear it, you can not escape it. Same goes with the Katusha being number 1. Panzerwerfer is second for me then last Walking Stuka. That is just my opinion and preference!

To sum this all up. As a team player, OKW you can not simply trust at all. Sure they are good 1v1 but team games. Gaining the early advantage. In the long run, they just can not do much without the help of proper support weapons and other better elements which they kind of lack. They are barely standing on one leg. They need Wehrmacht with proper support weapons and everything else in stock to support them to stand on both legs.

If you have to compare a team of 4 Wehrmacht or 4 OKW, which one is stronger.

I would simply say without a doubt Wehrmacht.

That is just my opinion. Frustrating simply playing OKW! Not fun at all.

Very little proper choice to pick from. Inflexible as there only very few to choose from to actually do something.

The only chance OKW has is if they have gained something early and maintain pressure. If by any chance you lose, keeping pressure, the likelihood of them retaliating is unlikely. You need and only need Mechanized. No Mechanized is a straight loss for OKW. Just that simple a fact as Mechanized is the only way to maintain pressure.

1 year ago
    Balanced_GamerBalanced_… Posts: 200

@C3Tooth said:

The number of tools that the commander give:
    2 command points, Ost defensive doc gives you ability to build Tanktrap & trench which take 2 slots, Okw fortification gives you Tanktrap, Flak, trench in a single slot. Later Volk able to build bunker & mine field that take another slot. => Ost has 2 abilities in 2 slots / Okw has 5 ability in 2 slots
    8 command points, Ost has Hulldown ability which is really useless against Allies TD today. Okw has LeFH is more annoying, especially you have Stuka & Zeroing arty combine.

The commander's tool combines with non-doc units:
    We dont see Pak43 is powerful in Ost defensive doc. But it is for Okw.
    Reasons:
    at first Ost doesnt have LeFH to sit tight and arty on enemy, you still have to be agressive
    second bunkers can not defend themselves from enemy infantry coming at the flank which Flak placement able to
    third _Ost doesnt have HQs close retreat point to keep crewing the abandoned Pak/LeFH
    _fourth
    Ost doesnt have FlakHQ to general defending the defensive place
    fifth is Ost doesnt have SpotlightHT to spot camo units that trying to scout to arty their defensive place.

As an Allies player, I feel bad to see Ost being an inferior faction to Okw, but they're still needed to Cache up for Okw team mate.

• Hull Down is actually useful. In team games it is very useful. Put a Panther in hull down, it can counter any tank regardless how long the range of TD's are. It will counter them. Since Hull Down not only provides extra health but range also. It is useful. Trust me on that fact. 1v1 However, I am not too sure about it being useful but team games yes. It is useless however against Doctrinal Heavy TD.

Although Wehrmacht does not have bases to retreat to, they can use team weapons however to maintain ground and build bunkers as a forward respawn post but not to retreat to. That is one thing they suffer but that is the least of their issues.

• Forward OKW HQ is good but also a gamble as it is at risk. Losing it means not only lose fuel but the ability to produce the units. For me what would make OKW balanced or good enough is if and when the base is destroyed, they will still have the ability to produce those units.

Imagine now. Losing the Last HQ for OKW, having to rebuild (building the second time another ridiculous, insane 130 fuel) on top to producing the tank you want. The real balance for this game for OKW would be is if and when you lose the base. You can still acquire the unit, the tank. Then, there would be a proper reason to have no caches for OKW. Now, they need it more than anything else.

That is why everybody takes command Panther as it is their only chance to retaliate if they lose Panzer HQ. Since their AT tools are shit. Sorry for saying that but it is true.

For me if anything that suffers most in team games, is definitely OKW.

1v1 OKW is good but I believe the changes/revamp in their tech system needs changing. If anything to survive, they need proper support weapons and AT gear which they lack.

1 year ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 880
    edited June 2019

Provide us tips how to counter Okw fortify defensive line.

1 year ago
    ThatguyThatguy Posts: 41

Simcity doctrines are inherently vulnerable to artillery, you could try to hit it with priest/colliapie/sexton/landmatress/kathyusha. Keep applying pressure with mobile artillery and as long as you're smart they shouldn't be able to stop them. You don't necessarily have to dislodge them, just keep bleeding MP, OKW units are more expensive so you will win a MP battle. They will never be able to put fortifications like this in more than two or three places on the map, hit everywhere the fortifications aren't. It will be more difficult if you play on a lot of maps with choke points, but infiltration units constantly back capping will force them to weaken their hard-points so they can keep up in the resource war. If you let it set up, it will bleed VPs off of you, but if you push them off, it is unlikely they will recover.

1 year ago
    Patrol_OmegaPatrol_Om… Posts: 301

Use smoke from your Mortars or abilities and their whole fortificacion will crumble as you close the gap to set Satchels, time bombs or things like that.