Moderation & Enforcement Update

2 months ago
JohnT_REJohnT_RE CanadaPosts: 21 admin

We believe that the Company of Heroes community has some of the best and most dedicated RTS fans out there. To support that, we want to foster a community that reflects the values of respect and fair play. Over the last weeks, we have renewed our efforts around moderation, banning and enforcement. Should you encounter a player breaking our Community Code of Conduct, please file a report by following the player reporting guidelines here. Please follow all of these steps to ensure we can fully investigate based on your report. The most critical things we need include:

• The Steam 64 ID of the player you’re reporting. The 17-digit number, not just their username.
  • Video or photo evidence clearly showing the offending player violating the Code of Conduct. Video clips uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo with an unlisted link are always stronger evidence than screenshots. Though you can provide replay files to strengthen your complaint, these are less ideal as they can be long, so please include the timestamp of where the behavior occurred.

Should you have been banned in this most recent wave, this is most likely a temporary warning ranging from 48-hours to 2-weeks depending on the infraction. Commonly, these are a result of abusive and offensive behavior in chat or in-game. Though less common, more severe cases will result in a permanent ban. Should you be reported two or more times for a similar/worse infraction after an initial warning ban, you risk a permanent ban not just from CoH, but all Relic games.

If you need to dispute a ban, please send an email to [email protected]. Ensure you include the email address associated with your Steam account along with your Steam 64 ID. You will also need to include the appropriate evidence (videos/screenshots) to justify overturning your ban.

Due to privacy concerns, we cannot comment on any action a submitted report may have resulted in. However, we hope to confirm its receipt and take all necessary action based on the information provided. We treat all reports seriously and appreciate you taking the time to help us make the Company of Heroes community better for all players.

We’re all here because we love Company of Heroes. We want to thank you again for helping us make this community a welcoming space for all players.

Comments

1 month ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 914

Thanks, we really need this.

I was in 4v4, where I and a team mate 2v2 on the Left, was winning
    My friend 1v1 in Mid, was winning
    a toxic teammate 1v1 on the Right, was losing

Then the toxic teammate teamkill my friend because he didnt help the toxic teammate. We were winning by claiming 2/3 the map, but losing because it became 3v5 game.

1 month ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,426 mod

This is a huge, thank you so much @JohnT_RE .

1 month ago
    Aza001Aza001 Posts: 5

I hope that's the truth, @JohnT_RE , because in 2020 I did almost 10 reports (mainly teamkillers and I give many many proofs) and no action was taken. So I stopped to report.

Now, lets try again... I just did a report of a toxic and racist player, and to be clear this time I'll daily check: let's see if you will really take actions or if you are simply bluffing :)

1 month ago

@Aza001 said:
    I hope that's the truth, @JohnT_RE , because in 2020 I did almost 10 reports (mainly teamkillers and I give many many proofs) and no action was taken. So I stopped to report.

Now, lets try again... I just did a report of a toxic and racist player, and to be clear this time I'll daily check: let's see if you will really take actions or if you are simply bluffing :)

There is a new management team at relic so give john time and please be patient. I believe john is a man of his word.

1 month ago
    Aza001Aza001 Posts: 5

@dukejason said:

@Aza001 said:

There is a new management team at relic so give john time and please be patient. I believe john is a man of his word.

Well... I'm here to say that you were right and to do my apologies if I doubted of @JohnT_RE words.

Thanks for your work guys :blush:

1 month ago

@Aza001 said:

@dukejason said:

@Aza001 said:

Well... I'm here to say that you were right and to do my apologies if I doubted of @JohnT_RE words.

Thanks for your work guys :blush:

Cheers m8