Panzergrenadier rebalance

1 month ago
If you give pgrens panzershreks, their AI potential gets lowered. But if you will blob pgrens with shreks, they still will do lots of damage to infantry, as in this blob they wiil have a decent number of StG44's.

My suggestion:
Panzergrens will initially have Kar98k's equipped, but they can be upgraded with StG's (for free?) OR panzershreks, not both. This will make them more vulnerable to infantry when upgraded with shreks, and shrek blobs won't be effective in AI term at all.

What you guys think?

Comments

1 month ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 914

They're fragile for their cost compared to other Elite, They likely have to retreat the most.
    Any model drops means they losing AI, which high chance of dropping Shreck for enemy to pick

I think they needed that bit of stg since Gren have no chance against 5men RM double Bar, 5men IS double Bren, 6men Para double LMG...

1 month ago
    FelinewolfieFelinewol… Posts: 688

@Kotanys said:
    If you give pgrens panzershreks, their AI potential gets lowered. But if you will blob pgrens with shreks, they still will do lots of damage to infantry, as in this blob they wiil have a decent number of StG44's.

My suggestion:
    Panzergrens will initially have Kar98k's equipped, but they can be upgraded with StG's (for free?) OR panzershreks, not both. This will make them more vulnerable to infantry when upgraded with shreks, and shrek blobs won't be effective in AI term at all.

What you guys think?

Although I have no love for Axis stuff, they're actually the Penal/Riflemen of the Wehrmacht.
    reducing them to bolt action rifles means we'd have to reduce USF riflemen and SOV penals to bolt rifles.
    Then upgrade them to SVT/Garand, OR anti-tank rifles/Bazooka (and drop the BAR/M1919A6)

Your suggestion would hard-nerf the allies by default.
    Just trust me, you don't want to go there.

As for C3Tooth : They're 20% harder to hit, I think, when they get vet 1 and are near a vehicle :)
    Otherwise, you are correct.

1 month ago
    DST85DST85 Posts: 2

Hornestly i never liked them in this awkard kind of cross-breed style. Would like to see them reworked in a way of a more standard, pure breed, mobile AT unit with mediocre short range AI cappabilities. Equipped with 3 MP-40, only 1 Shreck (but with 30% more power ) and a variaty of upgrades to buy like camoflage, smoke and a sprint maybe, for setting up ambushes. That would make them feel more like a real frontline Tank-hunter unit to me.

1 month ago
    ARMYguyARMYguy Posts: 850

@DST85 said:
    Hornestly i never liked them in this awkard kind of cross-breed style. Would like to see them reworked in a way of a more standard, pure breed, mobile AT unit with mediocre short range AI cappabilities. Equipped with 3 MP-40, only 1 Shreck (but with 30% more power ) and a variaty of upgrades to buy like camoflage, smoke and a sprint maybe, for setting up ambushes. That would make them feel more like a real frontline Tank-hunter unit to me.

What you described is already in the game. It is called Stormtroopers. Making pgrens stormtroopers makes no sense.

1 month ago
    KotanysKotanys Posts: 8
    > @Felinewolfie said:
    > Although I have no love for Axis stuff, they're actually the Penal/Riflemen of the Wehrmacht.
    > reducing them to bolt action rifles means we'd have to reduce USF riflemen and SOV penals to bolt rifles.
    > Then upgrade them to SVT/Garand, OR anti-tank rifles/Bazooka (and drop the BAR/M1919A6)
    >
    > Your suggestion would hard-nerf the allies by default.
    > Just trust me, you don't want to go there.
    >
    > As for C3Tooth : They're 20% harder to hit, I think, when they get vet 1 and are near a vehicle :)
    > Otherwise, you are correct.

Well, I am a noob at this game, so I guess you're right.
    1 month ago
    KiethSomataw99KiethSoma… Posts: 105

I think the only change Panzergrenadiers need is that they require an Infanterie Kompanie or a Leichte Mechanized Kompanie structure build in addition to Battle Phase 1. They are still called in from the Kampfgruppe Headquarters. It should make sense, actually.

3 weeks ago
    MorisMoris Posts: 77

@KiethSomataw99 написал:
    I think the only change Panzergrenadiers need is that they require an Infanterie Kompanie or a Leichte Mechanized Kompanie structure build in addition to Battle Phase 1. They are still called in from the Kampfgruppe Headquarters. It should make sense, actually.

They used to be there. They were specially placed at the base headquarters to diversify the initial setups of the Wehrmacht.

3 weeks ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 914

@Moris said:

@KiethSomataw99 написал:

They used to be there. They were specially placed at the base headquarters to diversify the initial setups of the Wehrmacht.

The point is, because PzGren behind 40fuel tech & 20fuel T2 (total of 60fuel). Which was a really long time for Ost to get PzGren. That likely force Ost to build T1 (10fuel, increase PzGren to 70fuel tech)

Having PzGren behind 40fuel, alot of Ost players just skip T1 to rush PzGren. Thats why Allies feel PzGren come too early.
    I think it would be fair to have PzGren in T1 that requires Battlephase1.
    In return, have Gren in T0

3 weeks ago
    KiethSomataw99KiethSoma… Posts: 105

@Moris said:

@KiethSomataw99 написал:

It used to be Panzergrenadiers come from the Leichte Mechanized Kompanie. My suggestion makes it so that you only need either the T2 production structure up, or the cheaper T1 production structure and HQ upgraded to T2. T2 is Battle Phase 1 FYI.

Total costs:
    Battlephase 1 + Infanterie Kompanie = 180 mp & 50 fuel
    Battlephase 1 + Leichte Mechanized Kompanite = 200 mp & 60 fuel

Plus, often players have their T1 production structure up by the time they get to T2.