No more female partisans, and fewer female tank crews after WFA?

4 years ago
I just noticed this while trying out partisans after they changed it so they can cap. Why do they not spawn female squads anymore?

Seems like a random abitrary thing to change after it already existed and nobody was complaining about it. This community isn't as anal as the Total war community when it comes to things like this so idk why they would have changed it. It doesnt effect gameplay and just adds some variety and flavor, same as female tank crews and snipers.

Which btw I noticed while my tank crews used to be almost a 50/50 split male/female, they now seem to be about 75/25. I could be wrong on that, could just be RNG has given me mostly male but it sure seems to be changed. Which might add realism, but I still don't get why change it when nobody was complaining.

The partisans one could be a bug too so I'll post it there incase.

Comments

4 years ago
    C0ffeebeanzC0ffeebea… Posts: 4,547
    [FONT=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]No wonder my T-34 drives a lot better now[/FONT]
    4 years ago
    VegnaVegna Posts: 956
    they should still be there, but they shouldn't be 50/50. although personally I like a woman on a T-34. but hey, I'm biased after spending multiple weekends on T-34s XD
    4 years ago
    NounNoun Posts: 285
    I don't believe that there's been a change, but I'll flag this with the dev team to investigate.
    4 years ago
    Lemonater47Lemonater… Posts: 472
    It's completely random I thought. I had a game where I had a completely female army.
    4 years ago
    Puerkl8rPuerkl8r Posts: 25
    It used to be, but after WFA it only gives male. At least for the partisan tactics commander.
    4 years ago
    AlphariussAlphariuss Posts: 68
    One more question regarding Partisan units - Partisan upgrade for munitions, that was increasing their health is gone, but Changelog has no data on this. Accidental or forgotten to mention upgrade removal?
    4 years ago
    NounNoun Posts: 285
    Apparently the female partisan units were removed due to technical issues with them. The female tanks and snipers should not have changed.
    4 years ago
    Mr. SomeguyMr. Someg… Posts: 671
    Noun wrote: »
    Apparently the female partisan units were removed due to technical issues with them. The female tanks and snipers should not have changed.

Aw what was that? More importantly are they coming back?
    4 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948
    Err I just saw a female sniper unit while paying an AI automatch last night
    4 years ago
    mrakomrako Posts: 163
    What is this, the AC5 Ubisoft fiasco again? We modeled in 3d the whole Paris in great detail but we couldnt have women playable characters? Seems that software devs hate women in games :).
    4 years ago

Uhh, so are they getting fixed?
    4 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,592

Admit it, they were OP during period when they spawned with PPSH or LMG.

@Coffee

Speaking of woman drivers, have you seen OKW pathing of light armor? They switched sides and forgot how to drive(kubel and puma will NOT reverse until they go 10 meters forward first).
    4 years ago
    All I'm saying is that if they don't fix it, that's pretty f*@ked because you know if it was the male one that was bugged, they wouldn't just say "oh well we'll just leave it and only let female partisans spawn, nobody will miss the male ones."
    4 years ago
    BrachiaraidosBrachiara… Posts: 241
    Puerkl8r wrote: »
    All I'm saying is that if they don't fix it, that's pretty f*@ked because you know if it was the male one that was bugged, they wouldn't just say "oh well we'll just leave it and only let female partisans spawn, nobody will miss the male ones."

TBH, they probably would. It's a minor visual difference on a unit you normally see from 60 feet in the sky.
    4 years ago
    RPhilMan1RPhilMan1 Posts: 417
    Who really cares? Do you stare at your units while you play or do you actually pay attention to their performance and everything else around you?
    4 years ago
    So you guys are saying that they shouldn't even put much effort into the visuals and presentation of the game at all?

And yes, I do zoom in and look from my units perspective while playing, and no I do not play the game competitively.
    4 years ago
    BrachiaraidosBrachiara… Posts: 241
    Puerkl8r wrote: »
    So you guys are saying that they shouldn't even put much effort into the visuals and presentation of the game at all?

And yes, I do zoom in and look from my units perspective while playing, and no I do not play the game competitively.

No, I;m saying that only having one variant of partisan for now isn't much of a problem. The bug will be looked at in due time. There are more pressing balance issues that need looked at.

Game continues, it'll be fixed eventually.
    4 years ago

No, I;m saying that only having one variant of partisan for now isn't much of a problem. The bug will be looked at in due time. There are more pressing balance issues that need looked at.

Game continues, it'll be fixed eventually.

Yeah, it's not like I'm not playing the game because of this bug, but at the same time, I do want it to be fixed.

Now if they wrote this off as not worth fixing, that would upset me. That's why I would like to hear a confirmation that they are going to, even though they probably wont give one.
    4 years ago
    DetenoDeteno Posts: 1
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one concerned about their sudden absence. Seeing both men AND women taking to the streets with guns and explosives, marching alongside Soviet troops and armor always struck me as an inspiring sight. It made the game feel alive and put a smile on my face. Not to mention that the voice acting done on the female partisans was fantastic. I assumed a simple technical error was responsible for the disappearance and waited patiently for a fix but as time dragged I became concerned. It has been awhile since the last post but the issue remains unresolved and I hope it has not simply been shelved to gather dust. The Partisan Tactics doctrine has always been my favorite to play and I am eagerly anticipating the return of our female comrades to the battlefield.
    4 years ago
    Mr. SomeguyMr. Someg… Posts: 671
    Agreed, I miss seeing them.
    4 years ago
    GenObiGenObi Posts: 1,368
    This may sound a bit cold, but this issue is a very low priority at the moment, there is a list of issues that must be tackled before the effort is put into this.
    4 years ago
    Deteno wrote: »
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one concerned about their sudden absence. Seeing both men AND women taking to the streets with guns and explosives, marching alongside Soviet troops and armor always struck me as an inspiring sight. It made the game feel alive and put a smile on my face. Not to mention that the voice acting done on the female partisans was fantastic. I assumed a simple technical error was responsible for the disappearance and waited patiently for a fix but as time dragged I became concerned. It has been awhile since the last post but the issue remains unresolved and I hope it has not simply been shelved to gather dust. The Partisan Tactics doctrine has always been my favorite to play and I am eagerly anticipating the return of our female comrades to the battlefield.

I feel the same way and partisan tactics is one of my favorite as well, and now that they can cap, its actually a decent doctrine to use.
    4 years ago
    KnighterKnighter Posts: 396
    Pls fix it, i want my female squads marching with schrecks and bouncing boobs! Also, what happened with the health upgrade? Is it integrated to base health or its been completely removed?
    4 years ago
    Knighter wrote: »
    Pls fix it, i want my female squads marching with schrecks and bouncing boobs! Also, what happened with the health upgrade? Is it integrated to base health or its been completely removed?

Probably traded it for the ability to cap points im guessing.
    4 years ago
    ZervostyrdZervostyrd Posts: 147
    I would imagine that it won't be fixed until after the summer holidays. Although I do want it fixed too...
    4 years ago
    NalanoNalano Posts: 215
    RPhilMan1 wrote: »
    Who really cares? Do you stare at your units while you play or do you actually pay attention to their performance and everything else around you?

Yes, I stare at my units! If I wanted to play a game where everything was abstracted, I'd play those turn-based war games!
    4 years ago
    I'm starting to think they are really bad at fixing minor polish bugs, this still hasn't been fixed, the t-34 has had silent machine guns since launch, the tiger's gun recoil was broken ages ago and still hasn't been fixed, and a large number of other little 'polish' bugs persist and have persisted for a long time.

I get that balancing the game comes first, but these little quality details are very important to somebody like me who enjoys the cinematic, visceral details of combat in the game.

To me, attention to these little details says a lot about a company too.
    4 years ago
    TomaSkTemplarTomaSkTem… Posts: 1,981
    I think that balancers do the balancing stuff and visual and other bugs get fixed by oher people, lookslike they put too few people into general bugfixing, too much like theyre making another expansion and the current build is being to let dry in apparent bugs/unfinished business. Thing like ZiS-3 80 range isnt fixed for the entirety of CoH2 and its still not fixed as well.
    4 years ago
    saprize23saprize23 Posts: 385
    were are my girls at