Please make tank battle maps

5 years ago
OversizedBrummbarOversized… Posts: 142
I really want to play tank battles, where AI starts with some tanks and you start with other tanks. Like 2 ISU, 2 is2 and 4 t3476 vs 1 elefant 2 tigers 1 tiger ace and 4 stugs. But that's an example, the tanks and everything doesn't matter, I really enjoy playing these maps and will rate 5 star to every one that I play. I just can't be bothered to make it myself. Thanks

Comments

5 years ago
    Your talking about workshop maps right? Just search up "tank" in the custom-made maps. Plus just to comment: that looks like a Churchill with the brummbar attached to the top :)
    5 years ago
    DudeDude Posts: 576
    There are some scenario maps out there that do some things like this. You might chat with some of those lads who make scenario maps.
    5 years ago
    Ok I might go and ask some creators out there. I also have tried searching 'tank', but there's only a few I could play ( 1 didn't load) That is why I thought it would be nice to see king tigers vs countless shermans. And no lol the brummbar is an armoured skirted brummbar, but I can see the similarities :D
    5 years ago
    To make AI only build tanks you need to edit scripts into the files for the maps which many people like me <- think is really too much but might eventually try that 1 day
    5 years ago
    saprize23 wrote: »
    To make AI only build tanks you need to edit scripts into the files for the maps which many people like me <- think is really too much but might eventually try that 1 day
    I didn't mean tanks only, I meant start the game with numerous tanks. So that you don't have to build them and the AI actually has tanks, unlike normal games where it spams halftrack 30 minutes in. Team 1 has 4 tigers and team 2 has 4 is2s, something like that but with more tanks and variety
    5 years ago
    Well that can easily be achieved by just putting down some tanks and assigning them to certain players in the map
    5 years ago
    saprize23 wrote: »
    Well that can easily be achieved by just putting down some tanks and assigning them to certain players in the map
    Exactly, and that's exactly what I want people to do. It's an easy job for mapmakers, and the reason I don't do it myself is I actually have no experience with coding, the most mapmaking I've done is halo gorge or far cry mapmaker
    5 years ago
    easiest would be to make a Vic Cond. Mod. One that assigns 0 resources to players, but spawns certain tanks on startup. That way, any map can be played like you want to.

Quite similar to Attrition...but with set tanks to spawn.
    4 years ago
    Thanks all, with the cheat commands mod I can spawn my own tanks and change their factions ???? if you like tank battles or infantry battles (even vs AI) try downloading cheat commands mod, it's not console commands but instead a nice and simple icon command, you can spawn any units and do pretty much everything, including teleport buildings to make cities!
    4 years ago
    JMAPJMAP Posts: 7
    Hi there

I think it's time for you to try my historical battle maps, and time for me to do a bit more pub in this forum... I've got a few massive tanks battles (more to come) the ones which are in now uploaded are early war, or light vehicles and tanks battles.. but try by yourself Carentan, Operation Uranus, Brody and operation typhon, Stalingrad Railway these are fun to play ..
    I will do a major update in a few days with another mod.

What you've got in my maps.

-Support for "Soviet realism" mod only (next version will be "warfare")
    -One Unique commanders for each factions
    -Custom Pop-cap
    -Custom Resources (manpower *1.5)
    -Units restricted to the period of the battle (more or less)
    -Units already on the maps
    -Challenge: Some Scenarios could be very challenging with other restrictions

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=278345266
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=288067891