Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Rangers...

Copied to clipboard!
9 days ago
Jun 17, 2024, 3:21:48 PM

Where do i even begin.

You basically cant supress them lategame.

They are experts on whiping retreating squads with full HP. 

They throw nades, shoots zooks, carry bars and flamethrowers. 

They are excellent behind cover, and even better close to your infantry.
You cant even kill them, they are many and very resiliant. 

i remember when Guastatori was nerfed early in this game's release,
But how is the price to performance of rangers really?

8 days ago
Jun 18, 2024, 4:32:01 PM

There's nothing to begin on, they're just broken anti-fun sadly. The worst designed unit in CoH history I can think of. It's like they're not even supposed to be part of CoH but some other meta game that do not work with the same rules.

- Deals more damage to garrisoned units than they receive, somehow... like wtf (thomspons, no upgrade, no vet). How is garrisoning a tool in any situation, rangers are just deal-breakers.
- 6-zooks auto-panzer & flakvierling deletion unit (I'm not even joking, they pop out from behind a building and in less than a second, panzer is deleted without any tactical counterplay)

How did we go from Gustatori are too strong, remove satchel... to 6-men anti-everything elite units is fine for Allies. There was already footguards & SSF commandos (both of which are pretty nicely balanced still).
Let's go Coh1 axis elites then. Where is the Axis 6-men Sturmtruppen with double shrecks & MP44 then?

Updated 8 days ago.
8 days ago
Jun 18, 2024, 9:11:47 PM

Or at least buff the Fallschirmjägers which costs almost the same as rangers but plays as a joke. No health, no effect, 4 models. 

In my opinion rangers, fallschirms, guards and guastatoris should be performing similar with different extras like faust for fallschirms, effective grenade for guards, flamethrower for guastatoris and additional weapons for rangers.

4 days ago
Jun 22, 2024, 7:58:41 AM

I love them. Such an iconic unit. Like the Tiger, like the Ketten....

Difficult to play, 

difficult to play against if played well

If they were super easy to play, USF win rates would go through the roof. And they do not. 

Please keep them very special.

2 days ago
Jun 24, 2024, 9:48:11 AM

That's a myth, rangers overpower any other Elite unit by their role modularity/utter dominance (6 zooks, wtf!!), minimal micro required (~ none) & a cple broken abilities, specifically cover to cover & heavy weapon training zook on the move & passive vehicle stun absolute cheese...
I don't think you're recognizing the sheer mindlessness with which you can play USF, compared to the micro tax Axis suffers from and the fact they are forced on HMGs, made even worse with a decent ranger player. Comparative skill is absolutely imbalanced.

Playing USF is a breeze, switching to Wehr/DaK is a stress factor & requires legitimately more skills than the ranger blob of death in turn requires. This is why axis has a below average winrate. Rangers are only "fairly" beatable in 1v1.

Rangers are not that pricier than Axis elites and yet will wipe retreating Axis elites left & right. They are too numerous in one squad, and have no weapon slot limitation. They just break the game's core mechanics.
That unit is just flatly gross. Just like mortar beacons (they should be removed). That battle-group alone is creating such a toxic game-play loop.

The worst exemple will be very bad USF players clutching on rangers to win thinking the unit can do all the work, and it will... against another bad player, and it won't even be funny when you're matched against super bad ranger players with 0 tactical responsiveness eating grenades left & right or parking units and forgetting them, realizing they reached this Elo only because they are abusing that battlegroup xD

In any case. Solution:
- move Rangers to 3CP after forward med tent.
- 4/5-man squad, stop with the allied elite 6-men swarm spam. Wld be cool to have a unit that actually has the scale of an elite small, important unit, reducing the "anti-everything" capabilities to acceptable levels.
- 3 or 4 weapon slots max (5th man is the unit leader, he keeps the thomspons, give him the sergent helmet!).
- Remove zook on the move & stun passive.

gunther09 wrote:

I love them. Such an iconic unit. Like the Tiger, like the Ketten....

Difficult to play, 

difficult to play against if played well

If they were super easy to play, USF win rates would go through the roof. And they do not. 

Please keep them very special.

Updated 2 days ago.
?

Click here to login

Comment