Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Victory Point Reduction - Initial

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 28, 2022, 7:45:24 PM

An idea to have shorter games, in order not to affect competitiveness, is to start with 350 victory points, reaching phase 4 increases your points by 150

there are games in which I will skip phase 3 or I will skip phase 2, and there are also games where you can win without going to phase 5. So polishing the idea only phase 4 gives you more victory points, it is where everyone has medium tanks, you could start with 350 points and phase 4 increases you +150 points

the details are left to the developers

Therefore, the game rewards those who go up in phase and punishes those who don't, I think 350 points if they give you the opportunity to return from games, go up in phase to increase your victory points and continue in the fight for the departure.

Here they comment on the duration of the games, minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P32Kx467KI&t=3961s

the game must be competitive and punish those who do not have the resources and not because the 500 points keep them in the game, the 500 points are still there, the idea is to earn 150 of the 500 and not have the 500 free points

Updated a year ago.
2 years ago
Jul 28, 2022, 11:06:15 PM

I found this extreme case of losing points at high level, Isildur lost 320 points but at that moment he transitioned to phase 4, in the hypothetical case that he starts with 350 if he would have had time to complete the remaining 150 points, and as seen on video the game lasted 25 min

https://youtu.be/VcnB_s_TPd0?t=1002

Updated a year ago.
2 years ago
Jul 29, 2022, 4:30:30 AM

As seen in the video, the idea does not affect high level play, the purpose is to reduce the time of unbalanced games with much lower rated players, the games would end faster. It is common in rts to match up with players of very different ranks the number of players online has very high or very low peaks, a casual player will want to quickly finish a game that is not his level and find another game if it is his level . If the rival does not surrender, the game will last almost 30 minutes. 

2 years ago
Jul 30, 2022, 2:29:02 AM

Actually i would agree.

I would love to see matches beeing more "snackable" if thats what you want to call it.

For example i think it would also benefit the Casting community on youtube because no one really likes to watch 40-50 min long matches.

Same goes for esport: if Relic has any ambition to make this an Esport worthy title matches need to be decided earlier, mistakes need to be more impactfull, less comeback potential please. 

So yeah Controversial opinion but i do think reducing the overall starting points to something like 350 could be a good idea

Updated 2 years ago.
2 years ago
Jul 30, 2022, 4:31:24 AM
DerFuchs96 wrote:

Actually i would agree.

I would love to see matches beeing more "snackable" if thats what you want to call it.

For example i think it would also benefit the Casting community on youtube because no one really likes to watch 40-50 min long matches.

Same goes for esport: if Relic has any ambition to make this an Esport worthy title matches need to be decided earlier, mistakes need to be more impactfull, less comeback potential please. 

So yeah Controversial opinion but i do think reducing the overall starting points to something like 350 could be a good idea

thanks, also to speed up the game I have proposed to include two victory modes

https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/2656-additional-win-conditions?page=1#post-15440

a year ago
Nov 14, 2022, 3:49:43 PM

I gently request a game mode where reaching Level 4 (tanks) gives you 150 Vp of the 500, that creates a more competitive game starting with 350 points and earning the remaining 150 and not having all the 500 points for free at the beginning

?

Click here to login

Comment