Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Unit selection, orders and ergonomy seems unreliable

Copied to clipboard!
16 days ago
Apr 28, 2024, 4:06:53 PM

Hey, i need someone to confirm something or give advice:

I feel like the game makes it hard to select a specific unit when they are close together. Clicking the unit icon when it's even slightly obscured by another seems to almost always fail, while sometimes i've had the game select the unit inside the halftrack instead of the halftrack itself, thus turning my reverse command into a retreat for the infantry inside.

Another problem i've had is that the pole of  a capture point counts as ordering a unit to capture, so when i told a unit to move up to the upper part of the capture point, the game made the unit stay put because i had clicked the very top of the pole inadvertently.

Is there a way to disable this ? is there an issue with say, resolution ?

15 days ago
Apr 29, 2024, 5:50:31 PM

yeah, I have the same issue with unit selection. Identical in fact. Don't remember having such an issue in coh2... Unfortunately this game has basically regressed in a lot of aspects :/ as for the cap pole, not much you can do about it, though honestly I haven't had many issues with this.

13 days ago
Apr 30, 2024, 9:28:28 PM

I've experienced some similar issues, particularly when trying to select infantry that are close to vehicles. Feels like the vehicle projects a selection aura around it that makes you click the vehicle rather than the squad, even if your mouse is on a squad member closer to the camera

12 days ago
May 2, 2024, 11:07:42 AM

Unit selection in coh3 is horrible, coh2 did it way better. it feels clunky and i often end up selecting the wrong unit. Might do some comparison tests to see whats so different between the two games.

12 days ago
May 2, 2024, 11:54:17 AM

something needs to be done about this problem. How it was done in coh2

Updated 12 days ago.
10 days ago
May 3, 2024, 8:45:46 PM
JDude wrote:

I've experienced some similar issues, particularly when trying to select infantry that are close to vehicles. Feels like the vehicle projects a selection aura around it that makes you click the vehicle rather than the squad, even if your mouse is on a squad member closer to the camera

have you had the same problem with 2 infantry units bunched together ?

?

Click here to login

Comment