Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

DAK grens are still inconsistent.

Copied to clipboard!
21 days ago
Apr 29, 2024, 9:18:52 PM

At 300 mp, their performance even under combined arms are not something you can rely on. I've seen them do well but also do next to nothing in good circumstances. Now, sure, they start to get good once you get upgrades (lmg and veteran squad leader) and combined arms, but out of the gate they are not dependable for defending against allied infantry outside ideal situation.

Plus the mp bleed from losing members adds up quickly, and a well microed greyhound, sniper or humber, or stuart will add up quickly.

Their dps chart seems to mean they are weaker riflemen when not under CA, however i've found that it mean you can maybe win against tommies by closing up, but even that is unreliable due to the their training bonus against units out of cover.

Bottom line is i think this unit needs a clearer role in terms of ranged dps. Currently they seem to favor closer range, but assault grens already handle that albeit with much less damage at medium/long. however pgrens dont have a particularly great one

21 days ago
Apr 30, 2024, 5:33:12 AM

I understand your view - as price/value could seem steep. Though I dont feel its to much of an issue in the current game. 

DAK Pgrens are not speciliased by design, as they are multi-purpose, main line infantry. The fact of them having snares, are able to replair and them scaling well into late makes them quite solid. 

Updated 21 days ago.
21 days ago
Apr 30, 2024, 12:24:21 PM
UberHnz wrote:

I understand your view - as price/value could seem steep. Though I dont feel its to much of an issue in the current game. 

DAK Pgrens are not speciliased by design, as they are multi-purpose, main line infantry. The fact of them having snares, are able to replair and them scaling well into late makes them quite solid. 

They dont scale that well though, especially when allied heavy tanks start showing up with their great AOE. The bleed is still pretty high, and they likely have to contend with allied elite infantry. They go from disappointing to kinda good, while most mainline get "good" pretty quickly. 

17 days ago
May 3, 2024, 8:40:19 PM

I'd like some more insight on this post, do the devs think Dak grens are fine as is ?

2 hours ago
May 20, 2024, 11:55:05 PM

And again. For a mainline infantry unit they are not as reliable as they should be given the price and upkeep. focus fire is a super wieird ability that is easy to cancel, etc.

?

Click here to login

Comment