Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Designate assault position

Copied to clipboard!
14 days ago
May 5, 2024, 3:22:30 PM

Please remove the suppression buff from this ability. It seemed like a major red flag in the balance preview to a lot of people and sure enough, it’s nuts. Rangers already get cover to cover immunity bonuses plus more with vet and captain abilities, another 50% makes countering them almost impossible short of very late game vehicles. They should have a lot less suppression immunity generally given their combat strength but that ability in particular needs to be changed.

Beyond the obvious issue of neutering the only somewhat viable early to mid game counter, it rewards attacking without any thought to flanking or positioning over the defending player, who may well have set themselves up in an intelligent way only for someone to just run straight through their position head on. Blob tactics have always been a thing with some players in all coh games but this is a straight up buff to one of the worst of its kind. 

13 days ago
May 6, 2024, 7:26:49 PM

Tightrope's video of the balance changes where he tested the new Designate Assault Position... 'nuff said. I think the balance team has generally done a great job but then I see a simple test like that sending up major red flags and I can't help but scratch my head. 

At the VERY least I think they need to set a cap on Received Suppression -% to prevent stacking issues. That way things like Captain's ability and Designate Assault position are all good and viable on their own but you can't cheese stack them to break the game.  

12 days ago
May 7, 2024, 5:02:58 PM

idk in general I think rangers indirectly already kinda got nerfed with the mg suppression buffs and the nerf to USF mortar. In team games its quite easy to shut down rangers just spamming mgs on top of usually costal bunkers, obviously some maps easier than others. In general axis has superior indirect countering your indirect that you trying to counter mgs spam and bunker spam with. 

12 days ago
May 8, 2024, 4:26:04 AM

Oh no, rangers can charge through your mgs in a tiny area once every 2 mins for 80 munitions.

Just move outside the tiny circle when you see the ability, same as a loiter.

11 days ago
May 8, 2024, 11:16:18 AM
NaOCl wrote:

Oh no, rangers can charge through your mgs in a tiny area once every 2 mins for 80 munitions.

Just move outside the tiny circle when you see the ability, same as a loiter.

Not really the point. The problem I have with it is that it’s a button which allows you to just right click forwards without any thought to tactics. Rangers are pretty tough to suppress once they vet up already, why have a feature when they can just afk straight at the enemy position? Just feels poorly thought through and encourages blobbing rather than an actual coordinated assault. Normally if your opponent is playing defensively your best course of action would be combining smoke, different angles of attack, artillery or off maps etc. 80 munitions to not bother with all that and just right click at the position seems pretty lame from a design point of view. 

12 hours ago
May 19, 2024, 6:11:53 AM

I also saw Tightropes video, and was sligthly concerned. But in actual gameplay, it doesnt seem to be an issue at all. From ELO1300 to Top10 - 1v1, 2v2 - I have not seen any serious balance problem.

Easy to dodge. Pricey on munitions. And comes at the cost of the forward medical station.

No issue here.

?

Click here to login

Comment