Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Follow-Up On Player Reporting?

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Jun 24, 2024, 8:08:37 PM

I have been reporting players a couple times using the in-game system (as-read in this forum) in hopes that they never get to play again based on their actions and words... (coming from an OG Call of Duty Lobby kid)
I want to know if we'll ever hear back if there was actually any repercussions for those players if they were banned or whatever.
I'm assuming nothing gets done since the in-game system has no feedback, nor from the email method. 

Would love to know if those idiots got what was coming to them...
Clearly the BLOCK feature in game does nothing as well as I have played multiple rounds with these people, on my team or against them...

3 months ago
Jun 25, 2024, 3:20:07 PM

The in-game reporting system provides feedback when a submitted report results in action taken against the reportee. However, I don't know if it notifies all reporters, or just the most recent one. I'll follow-up on this to try and find out. But please keep reporting players that violate our rules, as that helps our system implement suspensions and bans, even if you don't see the feedback notification. 

3 months ago
Jul 1, 2024, 2:45:49 PM
At this point i have zero faith in anything being done regarding reporting. Same with anything as relic seems to just shrug off anything and everything with this game. John_RE wrote:

The in-game reporting system provides feedback when a submitted report results in action taken against the reportee. However, I don't know if it notifies all reporters, or just the most recent one. I'll follow-up on this to try and find out. But please keep reporting players that violate our rules, as that helps our system implement suspensions and bans, even if you don't see the feedback notification. 

3 months ago
Jul 5, 2024, 3:10:28 AM
John_RE wrote:

I have been reporting players the past week that are just unbelievably toxic. I report them with explanation, I block them.... yet somehow they end up in future games with me? What is the point of all this if nothing gets done lol

3 months ago
Jul 5, 2024, 4:14:45 PM
ThiccBunn wrote:

I have been reporting players the past week that are just unbelievably toxic. I report them with explanation, I block them.... yet somehow they end up in future games with me? What is the point of all this if nothing gets done lol

We won't ban someone for a single report, as that can obviously be abused. We have specific thresholds that need to be met. So though it may appear that reporting "does nothing," it actually does quite a bit, especially in tandem with the reports from other players. Please don't let that dissuade you. If you are submitting accurate reports, the system will be able to do its thing in a timely manner. 

3 months ago
Jul 6, 2024, 1:30:01 PM
John_RE wrote:

at least you can modify the 'block' option to prevent players that you blocked to join with you again, or it doesnt have any meaning at blocking them just to avoid chatting with them

3 months ago
Jul 7, 2024, 9:43:42 PM
John_RE wrote:
ThiccBunn wrote:

We won't ban someone for a single report, as that can obviously be abused. We have specific thresholds that need to be met. So though it may appear that reporting "does nothing," it actually does quite a bit, especially in tandem with the reports from other players. Please don't let that dissuade you. If you are submitting accurate reports, the system will be able to do its thing in a timely manner. 

Good to know, thanks for the follow up

3 months ago
Jul 7, 2024, 10:06:09 PM
Sirrell wrote:
John_RE wrote:

at least you can modify the 'block' option to prevent players that you blocked to join with you again, or it doesnt have any meaning at blocking them just to avoid chatting with them

I'll have to mess with that setting, I have blocked people and been in the next match with them.

3 months ago
Jul 8, 2024, 1:59:48 AM

According to the mixed reviews, and player feedback the entire development company has been abusing the player base which sets the precedent. 

?

Click here to login

Comment