Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Axis light vehicles are useless. Only Axis meta is rushing for P4

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Mar 7, 2023, 8:35:31 AM

I welcome the changes to UK AT rifles in 1.05, but you should realize, that a T1 unit with an AT upgrade eats up EVERYTHING on Axis side that is weaker than a P4.

Not worth building light vehicles because if they got caught in fire, they go down in 2 or 3 shots. Why should I waste fuel on them?

Currently there is ONLY ONE reliable meta on axis side and it is rushing for a P4. Even this is more difficult.

On allied side is rushing for light vehicles and gain as much advantage you can with them. If you delay the P4 you win the match.

It is a horrible state of balance and 1.05 makes it even worse. Apart from some changes with the mortars. At least they are back in business against the blobbers.

a year ago
Mar 7, 2023, 4:01:24 PM

Have you tried the 8 Rad? It completely shreds infantry. Wirlbelwind just requires more micro. In fact in this patch the boys AT got nerfed and is doing less than half its previous damage.

This sounds a lot like an L2P issue.

a year ago
Mar 7, 2023, 5:27:57 PM
mognats wrote:

Have you tried the 8 Rad? It completely shreds infantry. Wirlbelwind just requires more micro. In fact in this patch the boys AT got nerfed and is doing less than half its previous damage.

This sounds a lot like an L2P issue.

I did not say the light vehicles perform bad against infantry, I said the AT rifle eating up the 8 rad in 2 or 3 shots.

Btw they did not decreased the AT rifle damage against vehicles, only against buildings and units in cover.

Not an L2P issue, you should read the patch notes more carefully.

15 days ago
Apr 28, 2024, 9:54:31 AM

welcome to company of ally 3

axis dont have any AT rifles and AT grenade in T1 , and they buff dingo 

and previous patch they add bazooka damage , seems they buff bazooka team, but they real pupose is buff ranger , airborn, and ssf bazooka damage, make ally play only spam airborn, ssf,ranger can deal with infantry and tank

15 days ago
Apr 28, 2024, 6:33:52 PM

boys spam was something worse before, atm, AT guns are a better investment than boys spam, pushing in this game with only LV or vehicle without infantry is a bad call, Boys cant shoot on the move, and you have a better range with vehicles behind infantry. 

Basically if you get hit once by surprise, you have to react fast enough to drive backwards.. keep your vehicles as an element of surprise, and make sure that your path to the front is clear from enemies and mines, you always can escape a lone AT gun first shot from far away..

wusadsaw wrote:

welcome to company of ally 3

axis dont have any AT rifles and AT grenade in T1 , and they buff dingo 

and previous patch they add bazooka damage , seems they buff bazooka team, but they real pupose is buff ranger , airborn, and ssf bazooka damage, make ally play only spam airborn, ssf,ranger can deal with infantry and tank

Rangers, are the only unit i can remember being able to achieve easily between 11-21 times their efficiency in post game stats...I only mind the shooting of zooks, and flametowers for all units that can do this.. It stupid and breaks a lot of dynamics for all factions. Guastatoris and Rangers shouldn't be able to shoot flamers and zooks on the run respectively

11 days ago
May 2, 2024, 7:05:26 PM

Facepalm necroing a year old thread complaining about AT Rifles.  Now we can have high level conversation about AT Rifles and Grenades in Tier 1 like they don't cost munitions and/or fuel so you don't get them from Minute one.  Hold my beer, I'm going to go find a nice Jaeger Shrek thread and Flak Emplacement thread from last year so we can talk about those completely relevant balance discussions too  

10 days ago
May 3, 2024, 9:06:29 PM

Locking this thread as it is already too old and necroing posts goes against the rules. 

Comment