Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Casemate TD's/ vehicles are unusable

Copied to clipboard!
2 months ago
Apr 2, 2024, 5:08:32 PM

Stugs, marders and every other casemate vehicle have by far, the worst pathing out of any unit in any coh game. for some reason they refuse to fire on the move, make massive turns to reverse and struggle to get shots off at max range. Coh2 made these types of tanks work (su 85, jpz 4) but for coh3 they are a waste of resources. i know that saying 'fix pathing lmao' is easier said then done but i truly do not understand how coh2 pathing is better then coh3 pathing in this game. 

For DAK this is even worse since casemates are even slower and turn painfully slow before being upgraded which requires a pretty big manpower sink.

I think the (un)usability of these units also greatly attribute to the inbalance in current teamgames. mobile decent AT just arrives too late for axis.

Updated 2 months ago.
2 months ago
Apr 2, 2024, 5:30:52 PM

Try them in the new update and let us know what you think with the new vehicle pathfinding changes.

2 months ago
Apr 3, 2024, 12:33:54 PM

Tried it again. while turn radius is better everything else still feels bad. firing when moving cancels and then rewinds at max range which means my tds will never fire at max range when the enemy tank moves even sligthly. DAK base movement / rotation speed on tanks is still too slow. the upgrades also arrive too late

2 months ago
Apr 3, 2024, 6:56:45 PM
Mux2 wrote:

Tried it again. while turn radius is better everything else still feels bad. firing when moving cancels and then rewinds at max range which means my tds will never fire at max range when the enemy tank moves even sligthly. DAK base movement / rotation speed on tanks is still too slow. the upgrades also arrive too late

Which upgrades? They seem pretty easy to get to me unless I bleed out all my units 

2 months ago
Apr 4, 2024, 7:26:09 AM

I believe that in CoH2 such vehicles didn't such problem, because wider angles of horizontal gun traverce. The only exceptions that I remember: 

1. su-76. It needed to rotate whole hull but is has pretty maneuverable to compensate that. 

2. Sturmtiger - well no comments.

3. Jaghtiger - also rotated whole hull, but with it's distance of fire that wasn't problem.

OR, I know that it sounds silly, but in CoH 2 it feeled that the gun is the things that lead, for example, Stug during fight - hull is still while gun is trying to aim enemy, if enemy is out of aiming angles, then it force hull to rotate into the extreme position where angles allows you to aim and hit opponent. But due to fact that it tried to achieve only to the extreme position that allows it to shoot, you needed to help it by yourself and rotate hull in advance to enemy movement - in that moment hull and gun feeled like 2 different objects that complements each other. Maybe this allowed casemate TD to shoot on the move - if angles are ok and it can aim enemy, gun don't care in what position tanks hull is. And reverse - if TD is ordered to move to some point, thats the moment when hull become in charge and it don't give a fk what gun thinks untill arriving in destination point and during movement gun cant force hull to rotate and is allowed to use only angle that are available now. After reaching point gun become in charge again.

In CoH3 it feels that Stugs and Marders are more monolith thing, like a brick (I'm sorry for that comparison). And first of all TD is trying to rotate hull forward enemy and then it aims. 

But that is only madmans thoughts. Now I'll go and find my pills =P

2 months ago
Apr 4, 2024, 6:12:40 PM
sgtViveron wrote:

I believe that in CoH2 such vehicles didn't such problem, because wider angles of horizontal gun traverce. The only exceptions that I remember: 

1. su-76. It needed to rotate whole hull but is has pretty maneuverable to compensate that. 

2. Sturmtiger - well no comments.

3. Jaghtiger - also rotated whole hull, but with it's distance of fire that wasn't problem.

OR, I know that it sounds silly, but in CoH 2 it feeled that the gun is the things that lead, for example, Stug during fight - hull is still while gun is trying to aim enemy, if enemy is out of aiming angles, then it force hull to rotate into the extreme position where angles allows you to aim and hit opponent. But due to fact that it tried to achieve only to the extreme position that allows it to shoot, you needed to help it by yourself and rotate hull in advance to enemy movement - in that moment hull and gun feeled like 2 different objects that complements each other. Maybe this allowed casemate TD to shoot on the move - if angles are ok and it can aim enemy, gun don't care in what position tanks hull is. And reverse - if TD is ordered to move to some point, thats the moment when hull become in charge and it don't give a fk what gun thinks untill arriving in destination point and during movement gun cant force hull to rotate and is allowed to use only angle that are available now. After reaching point gun become in charge again.

In CoH3 it feels that Stugs and Marders are more monolith thing, like a brick (I'm sorry for that comparison). And first of all TD is trying to rotate hull forward enemy and then it aims. 

But that is only madmans thoughts. Now I'll go and find my pills =P

Im pretty sure you nailed it. it feels like the stugs and marders have no gun traverse in this game. the guns are fixed and require the entire tank to turn

2 months ago
Apr 4, 2024, 6:15:25 PM
amateurshutin wrote:
Mux2 wrote:

Which upgrades? They seem pretty easy to get to me unless I bleed out all my units 

The tier 3 movement speed upgrade. it requires lots of resources to be unlockable in the first place. meanwhile every other nation gets tanks that are faster/better without this upgrade. DAK already has many things locked behind upgrades which seriously hinder the faction. USF and british upgrades cost less, are better and are unlockable earlier. this isnt just the tank upgrades, the same goes for nades, inf upgrades etc. even when i go 50 inf killed 20 inf lost i still feel like ive bled too much MP.

Dak tanks are gimped for no reason and require you to invest 325MP before being on par with every other tank. im all for upgrades like repair speed etc, but in this case it makes no sense. at the very least make casemates not require this upgrade, the turn is just so stupidly slow that they are impossible to use vs speedy tanks. 

Updated 2 months ago.
a month ago
Apr 7, 2024, 1:35:30 AM

With the new patch I noticed that when I was getting frustrated that my Marder wasn't moving or shooting or really responding at all to commands that the dotted trail that indicates its command path was just a giant blob in front of the vehicle. It was just short of being in range but it would constantly sit and readjust ignoring orders.

?

Click here to login

Comment