Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Feature Request and Bug Fix Request Compendium

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Mar 14, 2023, 8:56:24 AM

This is a consolidated thread for all my feedback, as having separate ones made it harder to keep track of. Feel free to add your own requests!

I've ordered the features in what I would argue are the priorities, which I judge to be whatever would have the grandest impact on the way the game is played.

I also number them and for every sub feature within a general topic, I mark these with the annotation (x.y).

1. Feature: Improvements to Control Groups

It would be amazing if in the settings you could set certain control groups to have a colour outline around the unit icon in the tact map and bottom left (or right depending on where you put it that line of units) (1.1). I've made a super rough outline of what that would actually look like:

The use case for this is mostly the tact map, although you might be able to make it work for the mini map. I feel something like this would make it much easier to locate quickly where that control group is on the map.
Currently in Coh2, if you have two units of the the same type bound to different hot keys, its really easily to mis-select the wrong one in the heat of the moment, as you have to look for the small number. If it was colour distinguished, this would be less of a mental tax on the player. Not everyone would like this though or would want certain control groups to have certain colours, so it would be better if all of this was configurable. Especially if you could configure the colour to your taste (1.2) .

Ideally it would be nice if we could have as many control groups as we like (1.3). Especially now that you can have units in more than one control group, having a limitation of 10 feels fairly suffocating. It would be way better if this was doubled to 20 or perhaps be unlimited (having some sort of add control group button in the settings). This way players are not limited and if they want to use a lot of control groups they can.
This is basically what I would do to the control groups screen:  

Note this allows us to configure what the symbol for our control groups are (1.4) . For instance, if I want to order my army by roman numerals, Latin alphabet or Greek alphabet, this would be really nice! Obviously, being the ID, this would need to be unique. But its not hard to imagine that I would want to order my infantry 1-4 with standard numbers and then order my vehicles A-D, with those control groups perhaps mapping to different buttons entirely.
Another thing, if you're using the colour associations for control groups, what happens if a unit is in two control groups with different colours? Naturally, I think this should be configurable (1.5) , with the options being:
- First Set - Whatever the colour of the first control group applied to this unit.
- Last Set - Whatever the colour of the last control group applied to this unit.
- Stacked - The first colour outline and then the next colour outline surrounding that. So units may have triple outlines which act as a code for the player (orange - purple - black means Engineer Repair Unit - Flamethrower) but obviously it would get illegible if there are too many.
- Horizontal Split - Split the Icon outline horizontally into the different colours.
- Vertical Split - Split the Icon outline vertically into the different colours.
- Diagonal Split - Split the Icon outline diagonally into the different colours.

It would be great if you could toggle (via hotkey) 'show control group numbers on minimap' (1.6). Some players might want to see where their control groups are on the minimap at a glance. It would be better if it was a toggle as you probably wouldn't always want to see this, as its noise, so having the colour distinction would still be useful. 

Looking at the map below, if you always have your pioneer on control group 1 and this is configured to being purple, you can tell at a glance that if your light vehicle at control group 3 has engine damage, where you need to reverse to/where your pio needs to come from.

It would also be nice if in the settings, you could configure whether or not 'control group numbers appear on the mini map' is on at the start of the game (1.7)

It would be quite useful if you could put your opponent's units in a control group (although that probably isn't the right term!) (1.8).

Why? Well it would make it much easier to keep track of your opponents units if you could mark them in some way. For example, I mark my opponent's first Panzer IV when it comes out, but then another P4 shows up with no marker, I can deduce that they're on their second medium tank. 

It would be great then that if I double tapped 4 it would pan the camera to the opponent's unit if it is within LOS, so I can quickly note 'okay, there's the Tiger, let's go over to the other side of the map'.

It would be great if you could set in the settings the default control group of specific units (1.9). What I mean by this, is that when I build, for example, a Sherman, it gets automatically added to control group 1 (or multiple control groups, if the player wants, ie '1,2'). I'm a type of player where when I build certain units, I always put them in the same control group, for example, ATGs are always 7 in my World. But if these were assigned automatically, that would be a nice QOL change. I can't see any argument for manually setting control groups being a vital skill factor of the game and of course all of this would be optional, required setting in settings. 

I feel it would also be good to have a hotkey to turn off 'default control group assignment' (1.10), as if the game doesn't go to plan, you'll want to turn it off so it doesn't mess up your ad hoc control group layout. 

Finally, we should be able to remove units from control groups. You can only add or clear right now. (1.11)

Original forums: 

- https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/2895-feature-request-optional-control-group-colour-association

- https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/3874-feature-request-control-group-mark-opponent-s-units

- https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/2894-feature-request-control-group-shift-second-row

2. Feature: Hotkey to Cancel Build Queue of Structure or Unit

You can't cancel the Coh2 build queue (in structures) with a hotkey. So you can add units to the queue via a hotkey but you have to click on it to cancel it. This also applies to squad upgrades. It would be so much better if you had a hotkey for this.

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/3251-feature-request-hotkey-to-cancel-build-queue-of-a-structure-unit 

3. Feature: Timed Hold Position/Wait Command

So this feature requires a bit of contextualisation.
Normally when you want to queue up capping points, you have to select the flag of each point. However, often you want to cap the point a certain way, either from behind cover, in a certain spot, on the edge. Queuing that up though is a lot more difficult as the squad will just move on once it reaches the spot you waypointed.
So it would be nice if you could queue up 'Hold position for 3 seconds' (3.1) (especially if you could configure the duration yourself!) (3.2) . This way you can cap from the edges of points and queue up the appropriate wait so that they actually finish capping before moving. It would also make flanking more interesting, as you could way point the squad to come into the fray 'after waiting 5 seconds'.
I feel this is another feature that would raise the skill ceiling of the game.

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/3250-feature-request-timed-hold-position-command

4. Feature: Customise Command Panel

So currently you have a fair bit of hotkey customisation, relative to Coh2. But yet, when it comes to the command panel, with the grid keys (QWERT etc), you can't customise them. Let's say for example that you want to be able to remap the build command on engineers from S (the default) back to A (the Coh2 default), there's no way to do that. What would be great would be in the settings, we had a screen in the controls section, where we could swap commands a unit has to whatever grid key we want. It would look a bit like this:

This would allow players to keep retreat separate from reverse, move abilities to wherever they feel makes sense, its total control to the player and reduces maintenance for the developer as you can just say back 'it doesn't matter that the command mappings don't make sense, you can change them yourselves!'. 

5. Feature: Select All/Select Next/Select Idle X

I basically want to be able to configure hotkeys for being able to select specific types of units. Select of vehicles/infantry etc is okay but I would like a lot more granular control than that.
If I want to select next Panzer Gren etc, or all idle Shermans, it would be useful if there was a hotkey for it (5.1). Ideally we should just have the option to add these as we see fit, rather than having a static list of all possible selects in the settings (5.2). Here's a mock up of the screen:

The 'condition' gives you a lot more flexibility for the selector as you can have 'Idle' as you already have but also a whole bunch or other states like 'On screen', 'Off screen', 'In Base', 'Damaged', 'In Friendly Territory', and then also have logic gate AND, OR, NOT etc built into it (5.3). So the selectors will read basically like a SQL statement:

SELECT * FROM INFANTRY WHERE (IN_BASE && REINFORCED) || (IN_FRIENDLY_TERRITORY && NOT DAMAGED);

Naturally, casual players wouldn't play with this much but it gives endless flexibility to more advanced players. 

It would be cool if you had a hotkey which expands the selection to all units of the unit you have selected (5.4). So say you have a Pio selected and you want to select all Pios regardless of where they are to power repair something, you select the pio on screen and then do Ctrl + A or something to select all your pios.

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/3420-feature-request-select-all-select-next-select-idle-x

6. Feature: Improved Events

Currently the issues I see with the events hotkey are:
- It's not the most responsive when there are multiple events, it usually takes several presses to get it to react.
- It doesn't cleanly moved between the latest notifications, each press doesn't move onto the next notification and you can sometimes be sent back to the previous notification, which is not great. Makes it quite unpredictable.
- There are a plethora of events that appear in the in the top left in the heat of battle, so knowing which one the function is going to pan to is not dependable in the heat of battle.
Presuming the responsiveness issues get ironed out, I still think we should strive to be able to configure separate hotkeys for each notification type (6.1).
Being able to do something like Crtl+Tab+G (the exact keys being arbitrary ofc) to pan to that 'grenade thrown' alert would be so much more useful and faster than this fairly unsophisticated hotkey we have now. Ideally we should have the option of having a hotkey for all events types.
I feel another must is that when we do pan to an events it should is disappear from the list (6.2).

It would be great if you could filter out certain types of events that you don't care about (6.3). For instance, if you don't really care that much when 'Enemies are spotted', in the settings, if you could configure that event type off, that would be great as it reduces noise.
Even better if you had hotkeys to toggle 'Events profiles' (6.4). An Event profile is basically a collection of events and whether they are toggled on or off. The basic idea is that; you may want to see a certain group of events at different points in the game, for example, at the start of the game you might care about Enemy being spotted or territory being captured, but you probably don't care later on in the game as its not your priority, so if you had a 'Late game event profile' where these events don't show up and was triggerable via hotkey (6.5) (because nobody wants to dive into the settings mid game), this would be quite useful. Having this tied to your hotkeys profile would make a lot of sense.
Also having a one time alert notifying you that an events profile is active (6.6) would also make sense:

This is what the alert screen would look like:

As you can see, it also allows you to colour code the event text as you like (6.7).

One of the changes described in a coming update is that a system of prioritisation is being added to the events queue, where certain events will take higher priority of others. However, the problem with this is what is considered 'the priority' will change from player to player, who is to say that a grenade thrown is 'more important' than a mine being detected, so it would make more sense if we could set the prioritisation of event queues ourselves (6.8)

Equally, there is another change where when you interact with an event by clicking on it, it disappears more quickly. It would probably be better though if you just allowed players to configure themselves how long they want event queues to stay before disappearing, both initially and after being clicked, so that what is 'quickly' can be decided by the player (6.9). Ideally this would be at the notification type level and these would be just more columns on the screen I did above. This implies then, due to the profiles, that we can change what our priorities and what the delays are at certain points of the match via hotkey (6.10).

It would be nice if we could decide what background colours the event notification had, so we could come up with our own system of priority (6.11) . For example, if I wanted losing fuel to be green, losing munitions to be salmon and losing VP to be black, we could make it as we saw fit.  

Similar to my request regarding audio queues, it would be nice if we could control when events are triggered, for example when 'Infantry are in danger' it would be great if we could specify the damage threshold or when models drop to decide when that event fires (6.12). Similarly, with territory, if you got notifications once territories are 90 percent capped, that might be better than once its already capped (6.13)

I would also make many of the events more granular. Let's look at one of the current ones:

Would you ever realistically navigate to any of these? Let's say you know one of your capping units needs further orders as none are queued up and you want to get there faster than using the tact map (which is basically the competitor). When you're getting spammed with these notifications, you'd have to cycle through all of them to find the unit, which is not as efficient as just using the tact map. However, if it looked like this:

This is much more useful information (6.14). So now if you know your krad capping the high munitions needs more orders, using the hotkey to navigate to this event and having the unit automatically selected or using 'select all on screen', using a custom selector or a control group would be genuinely faster than using the tact map. This equally applies to losing territory (6.15):

Depending at what point of the game you're in or your strategy, knowing which territory type is being lost is crucial information, one could easily imagine a player using this event to quickly navigate to a VP, but if you don't know which event corresponds to which territory type, that's not as reliable as the tact map.

Then you have this event type:

I imagine this would end up being an event type most people filter out as you're constantly spotting units all the time. The situations I imagine this being useful are at the start of the game and after a lull in the action. However, if it was more granular:

This is far more useful (6.16). For instance, if you're microing and M8 and you want to avoid the Pak or if you don't even know there's a Pak, this notification will make it far easier for you to locate it in the heat of the moment. Same applies to an MG when you have rifles trying to flank. This is made even more useful if you could see the unit in question's health and vet. I would also imagine, referencing one of my previous requests, that if you could filter out certain units being spotted (for example, you don't care if you spot Pioneers), these events would be only the curated events you care about, meaning less noise, more interaction. Particularly if using profiles, like I detailed before, which events you get can be altered mid flight, giving players total control. 

The same sort of logic applies to the unit under attack event (6.17):

In this one, we not only get information about which type of unit is under attack, the health of the unit under attack and also the control group of the unit (via the control group colour association I detailed before) (6.18). So if I know that orange corresponds to Control Group 2, all I need to do to retreat that damaged squad is press 2 and R. I wouldn't even need to open the tact map or navigate over to that side of the map. I imagine this would also be useful for casting as the caster could create a sniper under attack or sniper killed event and thus we as viewers would be less likely to miss these highlights.

Finally for other events like engine damage and hitting a mine (6.19):

If I could see which vehicle has what crit, this is useful information, maybe I care more about my P3 here or maybe the 250. Since no control groups are assigned here, we could use our custom event hotkeys (such as Ctrl+alt+m to navigate to 'Focus Mine Hit event') to navigate directly over there without clicking anything.

It would be so useful if you received notifications whenever units became idle (6.20), as most of the time this happens off screen and is not something you immediately notice. Likewise for resource floating (6.21), if you could set at what limits you want to receive the event (for example, I personally would want a notification once I hit either 300/500/700 manpower, 200/300 munitions or 150/250 fuel) then it would remind you to spend those resources. Everyone has their own idea of what float means so that's why it would be better if it was configurable (6.22).

Events for when units are fully reinforced/healed/repaired (6.22/6.23/6.24) would be extremely useful event types and its kind of surprising they don't already exist. When a unit is in base and ready to come back out onto the field, I want a notification for that. 

Again, being able to configure when this (6.25) is triggered would be nice, maybe I want to get the event once they're fully healed, 90% healed or merely fully reinforced, its a preference thing.

You get the idea, if the events were more granular they would be far more useful, particularly when combined up if the functionality I outlined before.

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/3255-feature-request-pan-camera-to-alerts-hotkeys

7. Feature: Tact Map Improvements

One of the main benefits of the tact map is that it keeps your attention focused on the centre of the screen, getting what would be usually peripheral information (the mini-map) right front of you. So it would make sense that it also displays your resources at the bottom (7.1):

This would make keeping track of your resource count easier and reduce floating. I feel this feature is straight forward enough that I don't really need to elaborate any further. 

Seeing your production queue would also be really useful.

One of the problems with the tact map is that when you have 2 or more units beside each other, in the tact map, one of the icons will occlude the other(s), making it impossible to read. It would be better, say if the units are within a certain range of each other or if the icons reach a level of occlusion, that their icons in the tact map become arranged in a row (7.2) so that they no longer occlude each other, making it easier to read.

8. Feature: Cancel Construction Hotkey On Engineer Units

It would be great if there was a hotkey on Engineer units to cancel mines directly on the unit building them rather than just pause. Having to pause the mine and then click on the mine directly to cancel it is quite finicky. We should just have a hotkey on the engineer to cancel the mine directly. It would be a nice QOL change. Probably applies to all construction. 

9. Feature: Minimise Control Panel

One that would be really nice is if you could use a hotkey to minimise the control panel in the bottom right (9.1). As you can see it takes up a lot of space:

And once you know all the hotkeys, you really don't care about the information it displays 95% of the time. As you can see from the screenshot, it sometimes displays no information at all. So if you could minimise it like this: 

With a maximise button for more casual players but bound to a hotkey (9.2) for more advanced players, this would allow you to see much more of the screen at any one time.
It would also be great if in the settings you could configure whether or not this is always minimised or maximised (9.3).

Thinking about it, it would also be nice if you could maximise/minimise the Selection Panel separately, as certain commands such as select all on screen mean that tabbing through the selection requires you to be able to see this, but you still wouldn't care to see the Command panel (9.4)

Finally, it would be great if certain commands could be configured to automatically maximise the selection panel, such as select all vehicles or select all units etc and then automatically minimise when not in use (9.5). This would be a boolean control on the selectors screen 'Opens Selection Panel' so the player can decide when it opens and when it doesn't. 

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/4936-feature-request-minimise-control-panel

10. Feature: Configurable Audio Cues

It would be nice if for each unit we could configure not only which Audio cues we get but also at what point (10.1). For example, I might not ever care to hear that my Panzer Pios have been upgraded or that the Enemy has more Victory points than me. So if these audio cues are just noise to me, I would like to be able to switch them off. It would also be great if I could configure at what point my units make Audio cues, either configured to be when they reach certain health percentage thresholds (10.2), when they receive certain types of critical (10.3) or if they lose models (10.4). I myself would probably only want to get combat cues for squads whenever they drop a model or reach 25% and having that configured means that when I actually do get that cue, I actually have to look at what is happening instead of the other engagements I could be micromanaging. And obviously, what audio cues you'll want to hear might change in the course of a game...so profiles... (10.5)

11. Feature: Toggle/Configure Squad Spacing

I notice that squads are much more spread out in Coh3 relative to Coh2, more like Coh1.
I know from experience how annoying it was in Coh1 for a single rifleman to go miles away from the rest of the squad and get supressed.
I also know from experience how annoying it was in Coh2 for squads to clump up and get wiped in one shot.
So could we have a toggle for spacing on the squad so we as the player have control over whether we want the squad to bunch up (to avoid and MG arc) or to spread out (when a getting mortared) (11.1).
I feel this granularity of control would raise the skill ceiling of the game and make it less frustrating. You could even have configurable formations (V, diamond, 3x3) (11.2) and that would be yet more interesting.

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/3253-feature-request-toggle-squad-spacing

12. Feature: Picture in Picture

A fairly niche game that came out a few years ago was 'Planetary Annihilation', which, for its many faults, had some really innovative features. One of these features was called 'Picture in Picture'. This was where you basically had a smaller second camera which you could set to watch wherever you wanted on the map at any zoom level (12.1) :

You could then swap the main screen for this small screen at any time, this allowed you basically to have eyes on the back of your head.

It would be amazingly cool if we had the same thing in Coh, where a small second camera could be set watching an engagement and we could switch between them via hotkey (12.2).

Then switch....

This way its much easier to keep track of multiple engagements at once. Like the minimap, you would be able to issue commands directly on the second screen (12.3) and it would also have its separate zoom (12.4). As to where to put in, having it either bottom left or top right I feel would be sufficient but it would also be cool if you could move the minimap to top right instead and have this there or top left also. Ideally we would get the option of just putting this where we like (12.5). It would also be good to have a setting which switches off the feature entirely for those who don't use it (12.6).

13. Feature: Remember Camera Position Per Map

Currently in Coh2 and Coh3, whenever you load into a game, the camera angle is set to the default camera angle for that map. This is annoying if you like to have your camera set to a certain direction every time you play that map, for example, facing the opponent's base. It would be nice if in the settings you could tell the game to 'Save camera direction' so that each time you play on that map, the camera is in the same position as the last time you played it (13.1)

Some players might want it to reset to the default each match though so it would be better if this was configurable (13.2)

Its also important to stress that it has to save the direction on a per map basis, as the default direction you want might change depending on the map.

14. Feature: Hotkeys for Battlegroups

One of the things I just don't understand is why there are no hotkeys for selecting/unlocking battlegroup options (14.1). Navigating this menu is one of the only things you can't do via hotkey, so really this is would benefit from being added to the Control management of settings. I've done a simple mock up of the screen:

So as you can see, its possible to choose battlegroup via hotkey, which we can customise (14.2). However, we can also map the selection of each individual ability in the tree (14.3). The white ones denote the hotkey for unlocking the ability and the yellows ones are the hotkeys for actually using the ability, which already exists. This way the player can navigate the entire battlegroup interface without using the mouse and total control over what hotkeys enable it. 

Also it should be possible to close the battlegroup menu via a key, ideally escape (14.4). Once the battlegroup menu is open its basically impossible to close without clicking the X, why esc doesn't just close the battlegroup menu, seems to be an oversight.

As a general comment, all UI functions should be possible to use via keypress, I should never have to use the mouse to directly click on something. 

15. Feature: Attack Ground on MGs

Basically allowing you to provide area suppression through smoke, but obviously can be dodged. Just adds that extra skill differentiation.

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/1764-feature-request-attack-ground-with-mgs

16. Feature: Retreat and Stop Commands in Build Menu

One of the annoying parts of Coh2 and what is still a problem in Coh3 is that while you're in the build menu, you can't issue squads retreat or stop commands. So often you find yourself building a mine and want to retreat instantly, but hammering R does nothing because you have to leave the build menu first!

This would be just a nice QOL feature (16.1). Halt would also be nice (16.2) but it conflicts on the hotkey currently. I think this is where a feature to 'Customise Command Panel': 

https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/4952-feature-request-and-bug-fix-request-compendium?page=1#post-24087

Would be absolutely worth it's weight in gold.

17. Feature: Queued Commands Improvements

One of the nice QOL improvements of Coh3 over Coh2 is the ability to see what your queued commands are in the mini and tact maps:

However, this only stays visible for so long before disappearing. This is good in a way because you wouldn't want this to be around for too long. But how long is too long? How long is a piece of string? This should be configurable in the settings so players can decide, with also options to configure it off or configure the duration to be indefinite (17.1)

Currently the only way to see the queued commands of a unit is when they are given initially but also when you click on the unit. This isn't the most convenient, as it could disappear before you see it and then you have to re-click them, so it would be nice that when you hold shift it to queue up commands, it shows you all the commands that are already queued up (17.2)

Currently you can only see the queued commands of the unit you last selected. It would be nice if there was a hotkey to see on the tact map all the queued commands for all your units, so you can get a feel for what your army is doing (17.3)

It would be also great if you could configure whether this was a toggle, ie all the queued commands only disappear once you re-press the hotkey, or a hold press, where all the commands are visible while you hold it (17.4)

In Steel Division 2, you can click an ally's unit and when holding shift, see their queued commands. We should really have this in Coh3! (17.5) 

So let's say you queue up a bunch of commands on a unit and then accidentally queue up a command by mistake. The only way to remove that last command is to essentially clear all commands and re-issue them again. This is annoying and finicky. It would be much nicer if there was a hotkey to cancel the last issued command on a unit so you can keep the list of commands and remove the mistake (17.6)

Additionally, I want to see in seconds how long it will take in real-time for my queued commands to complete (17.7). See screenshot below.

Currently, the only way to distinguish between an Attack move or movement command in the Tact/Minimap is the colourisation of the dot at the end. Retreats are indistinguishable. I not only want this to be more clear (17.8) but I also want to be able to configure the colour scheme to my taste (17.9). Looking at this example:

I can configure the entire line to have a specific colour, in this case:

- Green: Movement 

- Red: Attack Move

- Blue: Retreat.

- Capture: Purple.

I also have configured the line style, to be either solid, dotted or dashed, to my taste (17.10)

As you can see, the duration in seconds until completion of the commands is visible and also the icons of construction commands are visible as well (17.11).  All these changes make it much clearer what the unit is going to do at a glance and since its configurable, you can turn it off if you don't like it (17.12)

It would be great if we could configure whether we see the progress of caps/constructions etc as being either a progress bar, percentage or in seconds (17.13).

This actually highlights how much easier that would be to read. 

All of the above basically produces the below screen in the settings:

18. Feature: Hotkey To Show Unit Hit Points Above/On the Unit Icon

I've said it once, I'll say it again, Coh3 features should be designed in a way that if you need information/to perform an action, you should not have to use your mouse or move your eyes away from the centre of the screen. To this end, checking unit health is cumbersome, being both at the edge of the screen and requiring the player to hover over the portrait. 

A nice feature would be being able to press a hotkey to see the unit's health directly over their icon while the hotkey is pressed. That way, you get the best of both Worlds, an uncluttered UI most of the time, but a highly informative one when you need it.

19. Feature: Random Factions and Random Battlegroupsin Automatch.

I want to be able to start automatch searching and not know what faction I will play (19.1) and what BattlegroupsI will have (19.2). It would be also nice if there was random Axis and random Allies (19.3). See Halo Wars/C&C KW for a reference.
We should also be able to add random battlegroups to our roster. So basically, we can select whatever battle groups we want but can also add 'wild card' battlegroups, which are random battlegroups picked once the game loads.
On top of that, out of all our battlegroups, we should then be able to veto whichever ones we definitely don't want to play (19.4). Look at the screenshot attached, we have two battlegroups selected and a wildcard battlegroup. Then in the settings, I have 2 battlegroups ticked, which reflects the ones already selected and then I veto the one I definitely don't want to play. This means I could randomly get either of the two other battlegroups.

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/1549-a-must-have-coh3-feature

20. Feature: Visible Build Times

Being able to see how long units take to build/upgrade in seconds rather than just a progression bar. It should tick in realtime (20.1)

It should also display how long it takes to construct tier buildings (20.2):

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/1767-feature-request-visible-fire-upgrades-build-times

21. Feature: Toggle Show Unit Range

It would be really nice if you could press and hold a key to see the range of the selected unit, in 5 metre gradations. Currently you basically have to memorise what is ‘10 range’ in the game, but this feature would allow you to quickly confirm it. Once you’re practiced, you wouldn’t need this, bit it will certainly help accelerate this education.  

22. Feature: Firing Mode

There are a number of units which are soft counters to different units. The Wirbelwind is a good example as it is good against Infantry, soft skin vehicles and air. And while we have Target and Target Air Toggles, there's no Target Infantry toggle. Which makes me think, for AA units, it would be so much easier if it was a firing mode with multiple settings, infantry, vehicle and air, rather than a bunch of boolean controls (22.1). Obviously hold fire should stay separate. 

It would make more sense if this also included 'Prioritise Infantry' (22.2) and 'Prioritise Buildings' (22.3) options so when you want vehicles like for example Shermans, to very specifically target the infantry, or base buildings when attempting to do an Annihilation victory, it does that. Again, rather than having a pile of Boolean controls for this, if could be all rolled into one control with several modes. 

Even better, would be if you could have a 'Custom' option (22.4), where for certain units you could configure the unit they should prioritise when in that mode. For example, take the M8 Greyhound, if I wanted a mode where they specifically target Pak 40s or AT Guns more generally, and nothing else, that would be extremely useful. Also imagine how much of a QOL improvement it would be if you had a mode where Panzer IVs targeted specifically AT infantry, so you could kite blobs more effectively and not have to click the unit you want to target directly. Since this custom priority may change during a match, it would be great if you had a hotkey allowing you to switch priority profiles on the selected unit (22.5) and this profile switch showed up in the event queue (22.5)

One of the quirks of the game I noticed recently is that when you give infantry an attack move command, if they run into a tank, they will start shooting at it even though they can't damage it. Sometimes though you know that a vehicle is there (say a tank destroyer) and you don't care, you just want your unit to continue until it can find a target it can do damage to. So it would be nice if all units had the ability to prioritise certain target types (in this case infantry) so that the squads more precisely do what you want without requiring that extra micro management (22.6)

The reverse is true for AT infantry, when you want them to ignore infantry squads and just target vehicles. 

Finally having the custom priority would be handy when say you're attack moving into an area where you know there's a sniper or an MG and that's what you specifically want them to shoot at without you having to issue that command specifically (as you might not be able to see it in the FOW but you know its there). This kind of functionality gives you much finer grain control without as much of a micro burden (22.7)

We should also be able to configure which firing mode is the default for a unit, for example, should Shermans come in on prioritise infantry or vehicles, I want to be able to change this in the settings (22.8).

Units in open top vehicles such as Panzerjägers in 250 halftracks would be much more useful if you could apply prioritise vehicles to the unit within the halftrack.  This way, when doing chase downs of opposing vehicles, the AT squad doesn't shoot at random infantry (22.9)

23. Feature: Time to Defeat/Time to Victory Counter

Currently we have the VP counter, which is all well and good, however one of the features of the VP counter is that it abstracts away how long in seconds it will take for you to either win the game or lose the game. You basically have to do an on the fly calculation to work out how long is left. It would be nicer though if you had a timer underneath the game timer with a countdown showing you how long until you win/lose in seconds with the current VP control, as this would allow you to make much more accurate decisions and nail home what your priorities are in that moment. I feel removing that layer of abstraction will make the last few minutes of the game that much more intense as players will react more intensely, 'I have only 20 seconds left or I lose, I need to do something'.

24. Feature: Global Unit Control Improvements

There should be a layer for team weapons by default (24.1), this would be far more useful than the emplacements one, although I don't suggest replacing it:

It would also be nice if we could configure ourselves what the ordering within this row should be, as everyone would have their own preferences (24.2).

In fact, better would be a screen like this:

This way we have total control, we can:

- Edit what units go on what row (in this example I have a dedicated AT row and a support weapon row) (24.3)

- Drag and drop which order the unit types should be in. 

- Set whether or not control groups should be ignored on the row ordering (24.4).

- Set which order units of a certain type should be ordered, such as time built, highest health, lowest health, max vet, control groups (24.5).

It would also be cool if we could place this UI element in the top left if we wanted and swap it with the events (24.6).

25. Feature: Selection Display Improvements

Similar to the Global Unit Controls, I'd want to be able to order the unit cards in the selection as I see fit (25.1), currently the ordering is pretty haphazard:

I'd want to be able to set which units appear on which rows (25.2) and in which order:

Resulting in:

This is useful for a couple of reasons, not only because it makes it easier to understand visually, but also from the perspective of navigating the matrix, its far easier because you know what the ordering is going to be, you can get to the units that you care about most via tab (in this case the full health units) faster,  but also because you can cycle through the rows (25.3) of the selection rather having to tab a single really long row, its easier to navigate. This indirectly makes selectors like select all on screen way more powerful. 

26. Feature: Configuring Idle Unit Time

This is a simple one, we should be able to configure how long a unit remains idle before it is marked as idle. 

27. Feature: Custom Team Colours

With all the changes to team colours to get them 'just right' its wonder we aren't able to configure what the team colours are ourselves. 

28. Feature: Show Team Resources

The use case for this (28.1) I feel is obvious enough, see how far your ally is from a tank, loiter, if they're floating etc. That's what this feature is used for in other RTS games. 

It would be good though if in the settings you could configure an opt out, so in random team games you don't get pestered (28.2)

29. Feature: In Game Stats For Units

I want to be able to see hit points of units, damage, speed, everything you can see from within the MOD tools, from within the game.

Specifically, from the matchmaking screen (29.1). My thinking is that this would be the perfect thing to read while waiting to join a game. Although this MOD does a good job of what it could look like in game (29.2).

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/1766-feature-request-in-game-stats-for-units

30. Feature: Emplacement Scuttling

If you look at other strategy games, I've really got C&C3KW in mind here but it applies to others, defensive structures like MGs and AT play a lot more of a role. For me, I feel this is the case because selling structures and getting some of the resources back features significantly more.
I feel MG bunkers would get a lot more play if you could sell them and get back a fraction of the resources relative to the amount of damage they received. Likewise with arty emplacements, AT emplacements etc.

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/3254-feature-request-emplacement-scuttling

31. Feature: Build Order Visualiser

One of the aspects of Coh2 which I quite liked was the bulletin profiles feature. Match making could take time and it was features like this that were perfect for killing a few minutes between games and tinkering with interminably. So the feature I'm about to describe fits into that mould of something you do between games. I'll show the diagram first and describe after:

Basically I want a 'Build Orders Screen' (31.1), where for each map and by each factions, I'm able to 'Create a build order'. The meat of this screen would be a graph of time in minutes, with a slider at the tope which I can drag. When I drag the slider, my resources tick with it in accordance with territory percentage that I can adjust (31.2). Then I have the options of adding units to my composition, or build order, and see what the earliest point I can build certain units, what my composition will look like at certain points of the game and what options I have for the next unit in my build order are (31.3)

Looking at the example above, I have the build order slider at 6 and a half minutes. I can see the units I built already and I can see the options I have for what units I can can build next and how early they can be built. I have the territory control I will have at that point, which feeds my resource income, ideally we should be able to adjust this to be either a percentage or can open up the tact map for the map in question and select the territories we will control directly (31.4). This should be smart enough to prevent us from inputting territory control that is genuinely impossible (like 90% within 1 minute) (31.5)

We also should be able to add upgrades, tech, casualties etc to feed into the projections of our build order (31.6). Then ideally we can continue adding blocks to the build order unit we are fully maxed out on pop cap.

The use case for this tool is mostly around planning, as I myself always forget my build orders and record then in a rough and ready way in notepad on my machine. That's quite unsophisticated though so having a tool like this where you can calculate your build orders and see what your projected unit timings would be given a certain amount of map control would be really useful. You can then adjust the map control to see how this would effect your unit timings, useful information to have. Once I have a collection of build orders, I can come back later and be like 'yeah this build order doesn't work, let me change it'. 

Some other nice features to have would be a log which you can add your own notes like 'struggles around 7 minute mark due to Greyhound' etc, for your own reference (31.7). Then also being able to compare the build order vs your actual games, getting a side by side comparison of your unit composition in the plan vs reality, your resources planned vs what actually happened and your territory control projected vs in game, so then you can do analysis on what went wrong/went better than expected (31.8). Finally, at the end of a match, along with 'record replay' options, you would have 'log build order', where the game is added to a win/loss ratio for that build order (31.9) and you can watch back the replays for that build order to remind yourself how it plays/analyse how it fails (31.10)

Finally, having the tool automatically analyse your build order and composition for weaknesses and make suggestions like 'weak against vehicles' etc would be the icing on the cake (31.11).

I feel a tool like this would not only draw attention away from match making times but also allow players to have a record of their build orders so when they leave the game and come back, they don't forget them! I always play Coh2 for a day, come back 3 weeks later having completely forgotten what my build orders were, my timings etc.

32. Feature: Cap Order Visualiser 

Similarly, it would be nice if we had a tool where we could create our own capping orders on a per map, per faction, per build order basis (32.1)

This tool is simpler, in that we would basically have be able to have a diagram for the cap orders of say our first 5 units. This would allow us to project:

- What territory we would have for a cap order within a certain time period (32.2).

- What resources this cap order would produce (32.3).

- How long it would take for all the territories in the order to be captured (32.4)

Even better would be if you could click a button where, given a faction, build order and a map, it spits out what the optimum cap order would be for fuel accumulation/munitions accumulation (32.5).  Again, you would be able to save these cap orders as 'my cap orders' to remind yourself (32.6), add notes to them (32.7), log games against them (32.8), see the win/loss ratio etc (32.9). Just another analysis tool to tinker around with between games.

33. Feature: Selecting Points Show Their Capture and Decapture Times

35. Feature: Selecting Resource Points Show Their Cached Incomes

36. Feature: Postgame Stats/Replay Tools Improvements

In Starcraft II, you can see the APM in real-time of the different players in the replay tools. This would be neat information to see in Coh3 (36.1)

It would be nice if the replay tools, once they are finally created, showed the ELO (36.2) & Rank (36.3) of the players at the time of the game, so you don't have to look this up afterwards.

Again, in Starcraft II you have total resources gathered stats. It would be great if you could see the complete munitions and fuel accumulated by each player through the match, for analysis purposes (36.4). Another interesting statistic would be total manpower spent on reinforcing (36.5).

Another interesting statistic would be a breakdown of Clicks on the Standard Interface, Clicks on the Minimap, Clicks on the Tact Map (36.6).

A great statistic to have would be to see which UI Elements you clicked on the most (usage frequency) so you can determine which hotkeys mapping are clearly too cumbersome or where you need to focus your own hotkey training (36.7). Another one would be seeing which hotkeys and actions you execute the most so you can consider remapping the actions you perform the most to more tactile hotkeys (36.8). It would also be great if when you're watching from the player's perspective you could not only see their cursor, but when they use a hotkey, this is highlighted to you in either the command panel or on a separate display (36.9). This makes it easier for a player to break down exactly how a player executed a manoeuvre. The cherry on the cake would be if the game recommended hotkeys that were underutilised in the game (36.10).

Some great pie charts for post game stats would be to see for munitions, what proportion was spent on mines, upgrades, unit abilities and battlegroup abilities, as general headings, and then more granular information on the exact abilities/upgrades where munitions were spent (36.11). For example, if I'm spending a majority of my munitions on Grenades and none on mines, that's useful information to reflect on. Then also being able to compare how effective these expenditures were for abilities, say a comparison of total damage possible of grenades thrown vs actual damage received, and also being able to compare that to damage dealt by squad upgrades (pintle MGs etc), would be magnificent (36.12). This has the benefit of allowing you as the player to determine if your mine/grenade placement is actually effective or not and whether you're getting more value from your abilities or upgrades etc. 

Then for fuel, same sort of idea. I'd want to see how much of my fuel is spent on teching, upgrades or units (36.13)

Finally, same again for Manpower, which of my units did I reinforce the most, did my manpower got mostly into new units, upgrades, teching or reinforcement (36.14).

The coup de grâce would be being able to compare this information with the other player in the game (36.15)

Also for post game stats I'd want an APM Graph. I'd want to be able to see at what points my APM spiked and where it was worse relative to my opponent (36.16).

37. Feature: Substitutable Vehicles

This feature from Coh1 should just come back (37.1). From my perspective its a win-win for everyone for a number of reasons:

For the game developer, it can be integrated directly into the Game store and Merit system, therefore providing a further means of revenue diversification. I'd imagine players would be a lot more motivated to grind in Coh3 if they knew they could get a whole new unit to play with. The upfront cost of new content with a feature like this is relatively cheap compared to say the cost of developing a whole new battlegroup, so new units could be added frequently (say 1 unit for each faction each quarter) and this would drive not only media opportunities (all that YouTube hype from the players) but also allow John to do a PR vid everytime. This would all contribute to players either returning to the game to play the new units or drawing new players in entirely. The other benefit for devs is that as a mechanism by which new content is added, this is relatively low risk, as the substitute units would basically perform the exact same function as existing units in the faction, albeit at different price points and power levels, so 'Pay to Win' should ideally be less of an issue relative to say battlegroup which have a grander impact on how a faction plays. 

Then for players, one of the obvious advantages is more units! This would further add to the diversity of build orders possible with a faction and presuming its not clear on the loading screen which units your opponent has in their loadout, it adds an element of unpredictability to the game (which is fun!). Again, as a means by which new content is added, this would be lower risk, meaning the balance & meta should not be affected as much whenever new content hits. If the new units have different abilities from the ones they replace, it could make entirely new strategies possible and would lead to the flavour of the faction being different. It adds a better reward for playing than just cosmetics and increases the longevity of the game (it stays fresh as you unlock new units after continuous play). Its yet another feature to play around with while waiting for games, as you mix and match between batllegroups, units and bulletins profiles in between matches. 

In terms of implementation, I think that merit should be refactored to be more similar to Coh2 (37.2), its pretty lame that you don't get merit just for playing the game, the challenges should be an extra and not the primary way by which merit is earned. All substitute units should be purchasable with merit, I feel it should go without saying how much of a PR disaster it would be to put up a pay wall. Should. Then in terms of what units should be substituted, the World is your oyster. Here are some examples:

US

- M17 -> Greyhound 

- M22 Locust -> Greyhound/Chaffee

- M10 -> Hellcat

- .50 Cal ->.30 Cal

- M2 Mortar for M1 Mortar (former having a shorter range but faster ROF).

Brits

- Daimler Armoured Car -> Stuart.

- AEC  -> Stuart.

- Valentine -> Crusader.

- Universal Carrier -> Dingo.

- Cromwell -> M3 Grant.

Wehr

- Granatwerfer 42 -> Granatwerfer 34 (former having more damage, slower ROF). 

- 30 cm Nebelwerfer 42 -> 15cm Nebelwerfer 41 (former having more damage, longer recharge, shorter range perhaps).

- Pakwagen -> Marder III (former being cheaper and weaker).

- Stuh 42 - Brumbar (former having less frontal armour, cheaper).

- Ostwind -> Wirbelwind.

DAK

- MG81 -> MG34 (former being more expensive, more cumbersome but with better suppression).

- Pak36 -> Pak38 (former being more manoeuvrable and higher ROF, worse pen and damage). 

- Sd.Kfz. 7/2 (37mm Flak) -> Flakvierling HT (former being better against light vehicles, worse suppression).

- Panzer II -> 8 Rad.

- Panzer III N -> Stug III D (former having rotating turret, worse frontal armour, more expensive, fully rotating pintle MG) 

You get the idea. 

38. Feature: Custom Voice Lines

Before, I wrote about the importance of being able to configure specific voice lines off and configuring when they are triggered. This request is more geared towards replacing the voice lines entirely.

We're in the third instalment of the game now and several of the units in the game have been in the series from the start (Infantry sections, PGrens, Snipers, Shermans etc). What would be really cool would be if you could configure which voice lines from the alternative games you could use for each unit. For example, if you could use the voice lines for Coh1 for Riflemen, the Churchill voice lines from Coh2 and the Pak voice lines from Coh3, this would be just amazing. This gives the player total flexibility and more control over the experience.

This could also be easily enough be integrated into the Store where specific voice lines require merit/war bonds (for example, all the Coh1 Gren voice lines being a package). This way we get a better experience and Relic get yet further revenue diversification. 

39. Feature: Custom Sound Effects

Similar to the custom voice lines, it would be nice if could pick which sounds effects we preferred for different weapon types. For example, I know a lot of players prefer the MG42 from Coh1 and being able to configure this would make a lot of people happy. Again, can be hooked straight into the store.

40. Feature: Global Upgrades To Have Visual Indicators on Units 

If you look at other Strategy games, such as Kane's Wrath, the global upgrades in those games generally have some visual indicator on the units to show that they are in fact upgraded. However, with Coh3 this is quite hit and miss, some upgrades do have an indicator (such as Side Skirts) but others such as Smoke Dischargers and Emergency Survivability for DAK do not, the only way you can determine that they have the health buff is by clicking on the unit and looking at the hit points (which you need to have memorised). This is not only unintuitive, it raises the difficulty curve unnecessarily for new players but also doesn't lead to a great viewing experience when you watch casters fumbling around trying to determine if units are upgraded or not.

I would argue therefore that all Global Upgrades should update the model of the unit they upgrade so both your opponent but also viewers can determine that the unit is upgraded, with the potential exception of grenades.

41. Feature: Structures Should Have Visual Indicator for Side Tiers

One of the nice features of Coh1 with say the Supply Yard, was that after you upgraded certain upgrades, it would visibly change the building. This was not only made the lives of casters easier but also made base scouting more rewarding as you could determine precisely what they had upgraded. Therefore it would be great if structures for Brits, Wehr and Dak had visible tells when they had gone down certain teching paths. US kinda already has this with their Support side tiers. It doesn't need to be much, a flag here, an engine on a bench there, and it would make a World of difference. 

42. Feature: Merit Earn Rate Visible in Store

It would be great if you could see what your average merit earn rate per hour of play is and then in the store, being able to see roughly how many hours of play would be required to unlock each item, would be great information to have when making decisions as to whether to buy War Bonds or not. For instance, if a Battlegroup is going to take 15 hours of play for me to unlock it, that would make me think twice as to whether they want to wait that long or not. In most situations I wouldn't care, but if I really wanted some content specifically, this information would be handy. 

43. Feature: Custom Zoom Maximum Setting

I don't know if I'm touching a sore spot with this one, but in the most recent livestream a lot of hay was made about finding the right balance between zoomed in to far and zoomed out to far for all players. I don't understand though why a setting can't be added which allows players to customise just how far they can zoom out. Zoom is such a personal preference thing that it would make so much sense. The zoom level of the next patch would be the default max zoom and players who really want to zoom out further can dive into the settings and change it. Its a win/win for everyone.

44. Feature: Countdown Until Buildable

I don't want to delve into the Icon designs as there are other threads that do that better. 

However, it would be good if on the icons, for units that you lack the resources for, it shows you in seconds how long it will take before you can build it. These should tick and be a factor of whatever resource income rate that will take the longest (ie fuel or manpower). This way, when waiting for a unit, you know exactly how long it will take before you can start construction. 

This should then be clear from units you simply don't have access to due to teching or whatever.

45. Feature: 250 VP Matchmaking

In Chess, you can choose game lengths from 2 minutes to 1 hour+. It would be nice if we could matchmake for shorter VP games.

46. ELO Percentile Comparison

You should be able to compare your ELO rating with other players via a standard distribution graph, like they do in Lichess:

47. Random Map Selection in Custom Games.

It should be possible to play on a random map in custom games (47.1). The random map should respect map pool vetos (47.2).

48. Mute Player Comms Shortcuts

There should be shortcuts to mute the chat (48.1)  and mute player pings (48.2) .

49. Temporary Resource Caches

One of the really cool features of C&C games is that resources in certain parts of the map dry up as the game progresses, making it hard to camp in one specific spot and adding to the dynamism of the game. It would be great if we could add capturable features (like a physical fuel or munitions dumps) on the map, with a finite number of resources (say 50 fuel,  250 munitions), which get diminished with use and become empty, either becoming irrelevant to the game or restock slowly. They wouldn`t replace existing resource points, or have any bearing on the territory layout (you wouldn`t use them to connect territory to be more precise), but they would for sure lead to more interesting map designs. 

50. Capturable Supply Crates

Several other strategy games have on map resources you can take for an immediate and irreplaceable economic stimulus. This is especially so in say, TA, where you can reclaim trees for energy and rocks for metal. It adds another point of contention at the early stages of the game while having a limited, but not negligible, impact on total resources gathered. I feel Coh would really benefit from a feature like this, if used tastefully. 

My thinking is something like barrels of 3 fuel or crates of 10 munitions, which take about 10 seconds to cap and while the unit is capping them, they can`t fire back. One of the nuances of Coh1 was that capping in combat was a high risk proposition, with clear cut opportunity costs (capping was something you choose to do, not something that happened incidentally). While its too late for that to come back in Coh3, if these crates had that feature of preventing the unit from fighting while its being capped, early game you`d have to ask whether its worth risking the cap and getting caught in the middle, putting you at a combat disadvantage or avoiding them entirely and potentially letting them fall into your opponent`s hands. If on 1v1 maps,  4-8 of these crates were scattered around, it would add another level to the game. If they`re seen as an anti-competitive feature, tourney maps simply don`t need to use them.   

51. Hotkey to Highlight Unit LOS

It would be great if you could hold a hotkey and see exactly where a unit can see outlined on the ground. There are situations where you have LOS of an area but units like ATG or MGs don't fire because they themselves can't see. But it might not be obvious immediately that they don't have LOS (edge of a building etc), so having a button you can press which shows exactly what that unit can see would be useful.

52. Hotkey to see Elevation. 

While held, it shows you the gradients of the terrain and ideally where the elevation bonus will kick in.

53. Player ELO over Time Stats.

I want to see on my profile my ELO over time. See Lichess for an example:

54. Annotate Points on the Map

I've been playing a lot of chess recently and the annotation they use for the squares got me thinking. First off, it would be nice if the resource points, strategic points and victory points were annotated (54.1) and that there was a hotkey to show the annotations of the points when we wanted (54.2). So it would look something like this: 

We should be able to rename these annotations to whatever we like (54.3).

Then what we can do is in the settings, we can map hot keys for panning to the point (54.4), capping the point (54.5) and attack moving to the point (54.6). 

For example, let's say we have 3 victory points; V1, V2 and V3. Let's say their hotkey mappings are F1, F2 and F3 respectively, if double tapping any of these keys panned the camera directly to the point, this would be a much faster form of traversing the camera from different points on the map, and crucially, faster than the tact map. Then let's say that ALT + F1 told whatever squad you had selected to cap victory point V1, this would be yet more powerful, as you could issue commands to units to cap points which are 'off screen' completely. So let's say I'm watching an important engagement in the centre of the map and I get the audio queue for my Engineers in base that they finished reinforcing. Then let's say that I know that the right side VP (annotated as V3) is undefended and my engineers are on control group 1, then I could tap 1 to select my engineers and then tap alt + F3 to issue the command to cap the VP and then esc to exit the selection. Therefore, my engineers in base are capping the right side VP without me even having to move the camera. This would be a powerful micro quality of life improvement. Then likewise, let's say ctrl + alt +  F3 tells the selected unit to attack move to the corresponding point (in this case the right VP), again, a quality of life improvement.

The cherry on the cake would be bring able to create your own custom points on the map which allow you to pan the camera to via hotkey or move a unit to (54.7). 

Disclaimer: I recommend features that involve micro transactions primarily because I see Relic's profit as equating to more resources spent on improving the game, resulting in more content, more balance improvements and more time spent on features that indirectly improve the game (like enhancements to control groups, hot keys, post game stats etc).

Bug: Select All And Select All on Screen Appear to be Broken

I tried remapping the functions and yet they still don't appear to work. 

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/3413-select-all-and-select-all-on-screen-appear-to-be-broken

Bug: Hotkey for the Armoury

This appears just to be an oversight, but you can't select the armoury via hotkey.

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/3443-feature-request-hotkey-for-armoury

Bug: Focus Selected Doesn't Work With Sub Selected Units

So focus selected is an interesting hotkey, however, it seems to have a bug, or a defect that was never considered, in that when you have two units selected and then sub select one of them (tab) and then press focus select, it doesn't pan the camera to the sub-selected unit. I would have thought this to be this to be one of the main use cases of this function so kinda surprised it doesn't work.

Original forum:  https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/3421-bug-report-focus-selected-doesn-t-work-with-sub-selected-units

Bug(?): Select All/Select Next/Select Idle Engineers

This was in Coh2. I have no idea why this was removed, I used it all the time. The feature I describe above would make this obsolete.

Original forum: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/3418-feature-request-select-all-select-next-select-idle-engineer

Bug: Battlegroup Abilities Map to Random Hotkeys

So let's say you're playing a match and you go down the right side of a battlegroup, so your hotkeys look like this:

Now let's say the next time you play, you go down the other side of the tree, now your hotkeys look like this:

Now the abilities have mapped to the order you unlocked them. This makes absolutely no sense as the whole point of hotkeys is muscle memory selection, how are you supposed to do that if it changes every time and you have to check?

This is the solution: https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/4952-feature-request-and-bug-fix-request-compendium?page=1#post-24346

But the default should be that the hotkeys stay static relative to the position in the tree and not based on the order you unlock them.

Bug: Unable to Assign Control Groups to Subselected Units

So let's say we have 2 squads, both of which I have selected, perhaps I used select all infantry or select all on screen:

I want to give the Pioneer one control group and the Panzergrenadier another control group without a mouse click. How would I do it? 

So I tab, this way I only have the Pioneer subselected:

You would think from here I can just control + 1 and this would assign a control group to that unit specifically, but...

Coh3 says no. This is a problem in Coh2 as well and we ought to fix it this time.

Bug: Cannot Queue Commands for Retreating Units

So you're able to queue up commands after a unit has retreated, for example, you can tell a squad to: 

- Cap a point -> retreat -> cap another point.

However, you can't issue commands to a unit while it is retreating, which seems odd since you can select the unit. Why give the player the ability to select retreating units if you can't queue up commands? Seems like a bug to me.

Bug: Select Next/Select Idle Etc Also Focus

So within the controls there are two hotkey mappings. 

The first is 'Select Next Infantry' and the second is 'Focus Next Infantry'. My expectation of what these would do is Select Next would just select the next infantry squad whereas Focus Next would not just select but also focus the camera on the unit. However this is not what select next does, it in fact focuses the camera on the unit as well. Therefore, there appears to be not functional difference between these hotkeys commands and therefore select is bugged.

Bug: Friendly Units flash Red on the Minimap

This is utterly confusing.

Bug: Tact Map Focus

When you click on a unit in a building on the Tact map, it doesn't pan the camera to that unit.

Bug: Resource Points Capped by Kettenkrad Do not have their Resource Increase Reflected in the Tact Map

It's not consistent though.

Bug: Misleading Voice Lines

Sometimes when you loose a team weapon, the gun and crew get blown up. However, the voice line says that we have 'only lost the crew' and should 'recover the weapon'.

Bug: DAK Med Truck Cannot Tow

All medical vehicles can tow, except the DAK med truck.

Bug: Medics Can Prevent Points from Being Captured.

Bug: Flak 36 Not Defaulting to Prioritise Vehicles

Seems to happen whenever you unload the gun.

Bug: Flak 20 and Flak 36 Do not have Prioritise Air Modes

Seems like an oversight.

Bug: Unable to Rename Hotkey Profiles

You can only delete and redo.

Bug: Profile Templates Do Not Actually Work

The profile that gets created has nothing in common with the template you select.

Bug: Custom Games/Skirmishes Don't Remember Preferences

This is a problem in both Coh2 and Coh3, where whenever you load into a skirmish, it defaults the AI to be Wehr on Hard difficulty. This is regardless if you habitually play against some other faction. The game should be smart enough to remember your preferences such as difficulty, the last faction you played against, etc without you having to set it everytime. 

Also entering a skirmish feels like it takes one screen too many. This screen here for example is totally pointless: 

You could just add the load button to the lobby screen.

Bug: Cloning Breaking References

So it seems whenever you do a clone, the reference within the game switches to the new file that you created. However, for some reason, when an original file references a cloned file directly, then the whole thing just breaks. How to make it work is to switch back the reference to the original file and then the cloned file will override the original at build time, however this makes no intuitive sense, is cumbersome and makes it hard to find to keep track of what cloned files you’re actually using. 

So, fixing this is a must.

Bug: Creating New Files doesn’t Work

Currently its impossible to create new files of any kind, you basically have to hack the game by recycling existing files. This is particularly notable in both abilities and upgrades. 

Bug: HQ Buildings are ‘Resistent’ to changes

From my experience, basically trying to change anything in the HQ building is impossible, none of the changes ever seem to register.

Bug: Adding/Removing Abilities to An Army Doesn’t Work

Changing the Halftrack Deployment system seems pretty difficult if not impossible right now, for example, you can delete all references to abilities within an army and yet the faction will still have those abilities in game. Also adding new abilities, which exist in the files but are not in the army loadout, don’t get registered in game. 

Bug: Battlegroup changes are Unintuitive. 

So updating the abilities on a battlegroup is done via tech_tree files, but these files have no means of updating the ordering or structure of the battlegroup. The upgrades themselves within the battlegroup, have no reference to XP cost or anything like that, so you basically can’t change it. 

Bug: Ability Effects are Unintuitive or Imposssible to Change

So there’s this proper on abilities called ‘global_tree’, which is basically the magic field which controls what the ability actually does. But there are countless problems with this field:

• Its undescriptive, almost cyrptic.
  • Its not clear at all what the possible options for this field are, its just a string value. 
  • You can’t create new effects, for example if you wanted to create a new call-in. 

The whole thing lends itself to making updating abilities and seeing exactly what they do, hard. For instance, updating call-ins is to change what unit(s) they call in, is impossible.

Bug: Ability Requirements don’t include Veterency Requirements

On abilities, you have pretty flexible logic for being able to set the requirements for an ability. However, if an ability requires verterency, this is impossible to update. So if you want to remove the veterency requirement on an ability or move it to a different level of vet, this is impossible. 

Bug: Veterency Effects are Impossible to Update

On unit files (sbps files), you can change the descriptions and veterency requirements easily enough. But what the veterency levels actually do, is impossible to see or update. I reckon the effects are hidden by state_tree_references. 

Bug: Upgrades Have Random Effects Which Are not Registered anywhere.

There are a lot of player upgrades in the game which do random things. For example, there ability for DAK called ‘hq_rare_infantry_munitions_deployment_ak’, which upgrades all Panzer Pioneers with MP43s but this is listed no where on the upgrade or on the sbps file for Panzer Pioneers, so its essentially impossible to change and you can’t see what else its doing. Again, I think state_tree_references is hiding functionality.

You also can’t introduce global upgrades to health, accuracy or whatever for the same reason, as these effects are hidden.

Bug: Upgrades Cannot be Made to Replace Existing Upgrades

For example, on Panzerjägers, you can add an upgrade to give them Panzerschreks, but you can’t configure this to replace their existing weapons, so they end up with 2 AT rifles and 2 Panzerschreks. Its annoying that you can’t configure this.  

Bug: Speech Code Options And Icon Options are Hidden

Again, you can’t see what the speech code options are on most things, its string value and not a select. Likewise with Icons.

Bug: Halftrack Deployment Changes Are Awkward

You can’t add or remove halftrack abilities to the UI. It has a menu that can be edited but the changes don’t register at all. So if I wanted to make it so that there are 5 callins and not 5, this is impossible.

Bug: Adding New Production Buildings is Impossible

This just doesn’t seem possible, so experimenting with new tech trees is impossible. 

Bug: Construction Requirements Cannot Depend on Squad Upgrades

It appears that you cannot make unit construction abilities dependent on squad upgrades in the MOD tools.

Bug: Battlegroup Command Points Cannot be Changed

The MOD tools don't allow you to change the command points for a battlegroup ability, or the ordering for that matter.

Updated 6 months ago.
a year ago
Mar 14, 2023, 9:40:28 AM

(consolidated into first post)

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 16, 2023, 12:25:59 PM

Feature: Quality of Life Improvement for Hotkey Mapping [RESOLVED]

Currently when mapping hotkeys, if you reuse a hotkey that you have already mapped to about function, it will give you no warning that you're about to override what that key does. Ideally the controls panel should prompt an 'Are you sure? X is used for Y' menu when you're about to override a hotkey function, as keeping track of which hotkeys you have already used, is a nightmare.

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 16, 2023, 1:58:02 PM

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 21, 2023, 1:43:22 PM

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 21, 2023, 6:23:22 PM

Good stuff here, let's hope they pick it up!

a year ago
Mar 21, 2023, 6:56:18 PM

After the last patches, factions in Company of Heroes 3 are no longer balanced. Now the Wehrmacht and the Africakorps are evidently underpowered with a lot of disadvantages. The introduction of new settings has dramatically changed the game and now it is impossible to play properly the multiplayer. Allies’ factions (US and UK) are too powerful. This makes each faction very diverse and open to a variety of different play styles but now the Germans are simply not payable. Battlegroups provide special units and bonuses at the expense of Command Points and include most of the game's top-tier units and you should increase the US and UK costs to balance the game. Finally, I do not want to mention the overall weaknesses of the vehicles comparing to infantry: this is another problem to fix because is far from the reality.

a year ago
Mar 22, 2023, 3:44:12 PM

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 23, 2023, 9:25:02 PM

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 24, 2023, 9:32:26 AM

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 24, 2023, 3:48:55 PM

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 24, 2023, 7:05:52 PM

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 24, 2023, 8:05:12 PM

@M3ta 

Something that's been bugging me since launch is that a few units - DAK starting infantry for one (Panzerpios?) - have their unit descriptions in place of their unit types; e.g. instead of saying "Anti-Infantry / Support" the unit's full description appears on its UI. For most units you're only supposed to get the full description when you hover over the UI. I've only seen a few cases of this but it may be worth adding a list of them here if you felt like doing so, as it would fit nicely amongst your other flagged issues.

a year ago
Mar 24, 2023, 9:33:34 PM
Toljus wrote:

@M3ta 

Something that's been bugging me since launch is that a few units - DAK starting infantry for one (Panzerpios?) - have their unit descriptions in place of their unit types; e.g. instead of saying "Anti-Infantry / Support" the unit's full description appears on its UI. For most units you're only supposed to get the full description when you hover over the UI. I've only seen a few cases of this but it may be worth adding a list of them here if you felt like doing so, as it would fit nicely amongst your other flagged issues.

Yeah I've noticed this in the modding tools, there seems to be absolutely no consistently for the UI information regarding units. They have a bunch of different information field like help_text and extra_text, which they mix up all the time, where 'Anti-infantry / Support' could be on either of these fields, luck of the draw. They really need to go through and tidy it up. 

a year ago
Mar 24, 2023, 10:12:52 PM

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 25, 2023, 8:13:27 PM

Bug: Remapping Subselect Next Is Impossible [RESOLVED]

This is a fun one, you cannot remap subselect next, but you can accidentally unmap it, meaning you can't use tab in that layout anymore and have to remake it from scratch:

The same happens with orbit.

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 28, 2023, 8:39:54 AM

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 28, 2023, 10:33:09 AM

Feature request: 

Did someone mention that it would be nice to play the singelplayer roundbased modus koop or against each other?!

a year ago
Mar 28, 2023, 7:16:28 PM

Patch 1.1 fixed:

- Flak 36 now has Prioritise Air Mode.

- Prompt 'Are you sure?' for hotkey mappings added.

- Remapping Subselect bug now fixed.

Relic, could we get the control group changes next? Its a highly impactful change. 

Updated a year ago.
a year ago
Mar 28, 2023, 8:38:43 PM
M3ta wrote:

Patch 1.1 fixed:

- Flak 36 now has Prioritise Air Mode.

- Prompt 'Are you sure?' for hotkey mappings added.

- Remapping Subselect bug now fixed.

Relic, could we get the control group changes next? Its a highly impactful change. 

They also fixed the two DAK Italian battlegroups using one another's icons. :)

Now to fix the US Armored icon so that it doesn't have the Whizzbang (which Spec Ops has).

I also reported a number of icon clarity suggestions, such as the Wehrmacht and UKF weapon paradrop abilities having the white paradrop symbol on.

?

Click here to login

Comment