Logo Platform
Company of Heroes Legacy
Universe banner wording

COH 2: THOSE 3 PAINFUL ACHIEVEMENTS

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Mar 9, 2022, 9:24:47 PM

Hi there. I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one who sending that kind of message to you, but guys - it's not serious. It's really sad that nobody from the company gives a single **** about the community which buying and playing those games. Moreover - they are not even responding to the community ignoring any messages but then they expect us to buy their products. World doesn't work like that. People making the petitions, asking devs on forums and still nothing. There are 3 achievements in the game that are broken and they are impossible to be earned. A lot of players including me spending their time, money and efforts to have a 100% completion, and people have right to be listened and hear - please reactivate the follow achievements:

1. Snore, Snore, Total Bore!
  2. Romeo is Dead!
  3. Romani Ite Domum

I'm pretty much sure this is not a big math to do it, and at the same time you are not gaining love and support of the community by ignoring them. Let me be clear - I'm not trying to be loud, but each and every company without the people, without the community is nothing.

Best regards,
President

2 years ago
Mar 9, 2022, 11:54:33 PM

It's very unlikely that we'll be able to go back and fix these. The reality is that we would have to divert a lot of time, people, and resources (all of which are limited) to fix these achievements. The team is focused on making CoH 3 the best possible game it can be at launch, and diverting people to fix these achievements would impact CoH 3's quality and it coming out on time. I know that's not the answer you want, but we're hoping to avoid issues like this when it comes to our future games. 

2 years ago
Mar 11, 2022, 9:32:27 AM

They just shouldn't add achievements only as tie-in to specific event, unless it's bound to rerun, like Halloween. Contents like merch, sure. Achievement like these, no.

2 years ago
Mar 12, 2022, 8:29:12 PM
Thank you John for the answer. I totally understand you are focusing on COH3 right now in terms to create game in the best possible way. I also understand that there is no much interest in COH2 since you are not able to get money from it anymore and the community is relatively small comparing to other multiplayer games. But wouldn't be good to keep this community closer to devs and listen to their wished (especially taking into consideration that people are asking for it for years). I know what is product cycle developing means, it's definitely time consuming, a lot of delays, etc. But would be definitely great to polish the previous game before starting the new one (again, people asking for it for years).

Also, life is unfair, but the fact that company took away chance to have a 100% completion of achievements JUST BECAUSE THEY DO NOT WANT, DO NOT LIKE OR DO NOT HAVE RESOURCES FOR THAT, it's kinda sign of irresponsibility, laziness?

Achievements is the full responsibilities of players to achieve them or not, but there is definitely need to be A WAY to do it, an opportunity.

What do you think, John?
JohnT_RE wrote:

It's very unlikely that we'll be able to go back and fix these. The reality is that we would have to divert a lot of time, people, and resources (all of which are limited) to fix these achievements. The team is focused on making CoH 3 the best possible game it can be at launch, and diverting people to fix these achievements would impact CoH 3's quality and it coming out on time. I know that's not the answer you want, but we're hoping to avoid issues like this when it comes to our future games. 

2 years ago
Mar 13, 2022, 12:44:30 PM

+ 1, been around 250 hours in COH2, absolutely love the game, bough this last year sales during the pandemic, having a blast with it, and got every other achievement besides this 3 things which is tie to valentine 7 years ago from now (which I do not even have a laptop by that time), I am not asking anything, but pls help fix it, Dev. Also looking forward to new COH3, take your time develop it and when you have spare resources and time, give a a shout to your boss that there's still a small community in COH2 waiting for the achievement to be fixed even after almost 7 years. Thank you very much. 

Updated 2 years ago.
2 years ago
Mar 15, 2022, 6:58:48 PM

Ahh, I love being ignored by administration, those guys think they are too cool to "explain anything to those players who are not even generating income". More than one answer from them would be definitely too much for us.

Also, another solution that might work is deleting those 3 achievements for those who are not able to reach them anymore. At the same time, people who are received that achievements will be some sort of exclusivity, but at least the rest of players could have their 100% Steam achievements. 

2 years ago
Mar 16, 2022, 10:02:53 AM

Hey, at least you got one answer. xD

I made another thread about the broken achievement counters since the 64bit update but the devs never cared at all....

I also think, those 3 time-based / event-based achievements should be deleted completely! This should be an easy task for Relic without much work - and it would make a lot of people in the community very happy (since there is a huge thread about this issue in the CoH2 Steam Hub).

a year ago
Sep 6, 2023, 4:09:57 PM

Honestly the creation of a one-time achievement that cannot be achieved, and then then leaving it broken for several years speaks to me more about the quality of the product than anything. I don't have any interest in purchasing another CoH game if an oversight like this is never resolved.

?

Click here to login

Comment