Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Can we make Stugs main gun good vs infantry again?

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
Apr 4, 2024, 3:58:18 AM

As they are right now, they are not worth the cost. Having to get close with the point-blank blast is risky and costs munitions. Just remove the point-blank blast ability and make their main gun good vs infantry. Give them a new vet 1 ability. They're not amazing vs vehicles due to their limited range so making them more of generalist isn't a bad idea.

13 days ago
Apr 17, 2024, 6:02:23 AM

I agree the lvl 1 munition purchase is a good idea but what stops it id the squads placement how they bit more spread out means you trade 30 munition to do 2-3 man dmg but take dmg back from a at grenade which really counters the point of getting close really. In all the stug needs to do better vs tanks. As its got exact same gun as the crewed at gun but weirdly the crew weapon deals more dmg ? like its the same gun ffs.... the germans need a good buff hopefully this coral viper update gives it 

13 days ago
Apr 17, 2024, 9:19:07 AM

Having swappable munitions could be a solution. Vet 1 ability can be the same thing from coh2, whatever that was again.

5 days ago
Apr 24, 2024, 8:11:34 PM

The Stug is in a weird spot imo. The devs seem to want it to be more like the CoH2 Stug, which i dont think is good. For me it does not make sense to move it more towards a td role. At the timing it comes out, there is nothing a pack/faust/shrecks can not handle, so most of the time it is better to save the fuel and go straight to t4. A slight ai buff to its main gun would probably be enough to make it more usefull (without the mg upgrade I think even the Chaffee does better agains inf). 

With the Mg gunner upgrade it is only okish agains inf, but thats also another 50 muni. Another thing is, that the alternatives are much better, e.g. Wirbel, 8 Rad or StugD. There is simply no real threat from a Stug (except for the point blank shot, which is easy to avoid). It is slow (cant chase units), has no turret and almost no ai power.

In my opinion the Stug should be more like a cheap P4 with a little more focus on at. I still have to test it a little bit more after the last patch.

3 days ago
Apr 26, 2024, 3:31:45 PM

Oh ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Haven't you heard only Allied factions get  everything that coutners and killes everything axis doesnt even get viable options

?

Click here to login

Comment