Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Future COH3 Concept: "Trenches" ( To the COH-Devs and community )

Copied to clipboard!
19 days ago
Apr 11, 2024, 11:52:18 AM

So with the newest updates added to COH3 including maps, units, battlegroups and fixes and update objects I have still felt kind of down because this game is missing something: Trenches.

(Send this to John_re and the other Developers)

What I mean is that In order to make COH more enjoyable of being a defensive player; what we need is more of a defensive update that can be added in future of COH3. So trenches were used mostly as a artillery, infantry, anti-tank position in WW2. But not used everywhere and every battle. You see in the North African campaign and Italian Campaign in WW2 It was mostly about defence and offense.

So what would be a better mechanic than building sandbags? Trenches! So I'm sure your familiar with the trenches that are already placed in the maps. Now what if your engineers could build something like that. 

(I will put Photos for examples and ideas at the bottom of the text)

Well here's the Solution: 

1. You could add it as a update to engineers to build trenches depending on what size and kind of outlay what size and shape and where the trenches will go. Like Age of Empires 3 with its Walls. The same trenches that you see on the Maps.

2. You can add a hull down to large gun crew units like Anti tank guns, artillery guns and Anti-Aircraft guns. And what it does is that it slowly takes 40 seconds to dig and make a trench but instead you could have the option to have it large, medium or small. Then you can get engineers to build trench slits for infantry as a bonus option.

3. You could make a Battlegroup called the: ECB (Engineer Combat Battalion) which can deploy new units or purchase a ability point to build such defences. 

So I think that these ideas could work very well and make the game more enjoyable for Defensive strategies and players. Although it would take time but it would be worth the wait. Also the Italian front of ww2 about defending Italy.

Now I believe it should work on all Factions of the armies. If you wish to try and get more ideas and concepts about this topic; read CommanderKai's Sandbag Idea and the Post I made about trenches.

Foxhole/Trench for Infantry

2. Many Foxholes and Trenches for Crewed weapons.

3. Infantry trench slit.

4. Large trench 

I've heard that John_Re did consider the idea with my friend CommanderKai and he said that could be something they could look over in the future of COH3. So maybe we could get this to work.

19 days ago
Apr 11, 2024, 12:10:56 PM

I would like it to be modular for EssenceEditor and in live built a emplacement in a trench.
In any case, the current emplacaments take up a lot of unnecessary space (cells) and should be enormous trenches.

Updated 19 days ago.
18 days ago
Apr 11, 2024, 6:55:02 PM

I already raised this idea! And so it shakes... I want to see it especially in the desert spaces of Africa

18 days ago
Apr 11, 2024, 11:00:11 PM
sima1988 wrote:

I already raised this idea! And so it shakes... I want to see it especially in the desert spaces of Africa

We gotta keep it alive mate! We gotta make it happen.

17 days ago
Apr 13, 2024, 2:40:26 PM
sima1988 wrote:

all that from us does depend we did already...?

True but we gotta make it happen.

17 days ago
Apr 13, 2024, 4:05:46 PM

Trenches are easy enough to create in the essence editor, but I agree it should be an engineer ability (although take a lot of time to build in game). Since brits have that new odd wall thing, axis should have this ability. ;)

16 days ago
Apr 14, 2024, 1:27:14 AM
Shadowphreak wrote:

Trenches are easy enough to create in the essence editor, but I agree it should be an engineer ability (although take a lot of time to build in game). Since brits have that new odd wall thing, axis should have this ability. ;)

Agreed! I think because they are more of a defensive faction they do fit the trenches but it seems more fair for all factions.

16 days ago
Apr 14, 2024, 7:10:08 AM

Trenches are needed by all factions in standard condition. Each division of engineers must dig trenches

15 days ago
Apr 14, 2024, 6:57:13 PM

Curious What brand are the scale models you used in the images i have been wanting work on such a diorama project for a while but i cant find any worth while kits 

15 days ago
Apr 14, 2024, 10:14:04 PM
T70Xwing wrote:

Curious What brand are the scale models you used in the images i have been wanting work on such a diorama project for a while but i cant find any worth while kits 

Oh I just got some random photos If you just search them up there should be some for sale!

14 days ago
Apr 15, 2024, 6:42:11 PM
BobsUrUncle2306 wrote:
T70Xwing wrote:

Oh I just got some random photos If you just search them up there should be some for sale!

These are most likely custom bulit accessories i was hoping to atleast find unpainted plastic trenches would have been very cool

?

Click here to login

Comment