Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

0 cp paradrop units shouldnt be a thing

Copied to clipboard!
14 days ago
Apr 18, 2024, 3:32:34 PM

Having my chokepoint rushed before i am even able to do something is the most frustrating thing in this game. lock it behind 1cp at the very least. also, with the insane vp tickrate in this game it can create a huge early lead.

Updated 14 days ago.
14 days ago
Apr 18, 2024, 11:48:35 PM

I have been saying this since day 1 release of the game. This is one of the most disgusting designs out of 100000 disgusting designs Relic has done. But what do you expect from them? Remember how frustrating it was to play COh1 Brits? The new Battlegroup literally recreated COH1 brits with 1,2,3 artillery + Simcity + Blob fest + sniper squads and so on...

14 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 10:20:56 AM

I made a post about this a while ago but most people seemed fine with them which surprised me. I think if there was an initial cool-down on 0cp paradrops it would be more reasonable. Just 60 seconds would at least allow you to reach your key points and possibly afford a flamer tech before being completely blocked off. 

14 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 10:28:43 AM

Locking it behind 1cp might be ok too but you’d have to reduce the at gun drop to 1 to compensate or a lot of airborne builds would struggle with vehicle rushes. 

10 days ago
Apr 22, 2024, 5:51:48 PM

It used to bother me more but the more I thought about it 0CP paradrops have the big drawback of telegraphing your battlegroup/build. If it's US then you know it's a HMG drop and you can build mortars or flame chariot as DAK. If you know it's Luftwaffle you can do similar things as allies.  Course that's a 1v1 perspective... I assume the whole map size thing plays more into larger modes but general idea still applies. 

5 days ago
Apr 28, 2024, 10:55:23 AM

Doesn`t feel like a real problem to me. Looking at high level 1v1 and 2v2 play, its not like this is consistently abused or significantly increasing win rates.

I believe it adds a great tactical choice to the game. Early advantage, for exposing battlegroup choice (like EtherealDragon pointed out).

I find this also a pleasant feature to interact with, using it, or fighting it. All good in my view.

4 days ago
Apr 28, 2024, 6:40:10 PM

People used to complain a lot about that, but you get used to it, and its cool to let your opponent give his BG away so you can counter him and you can pin point where the drop was so they lose an early element of surprise. MG spammers are a thing for players with skills and most  of the time you will get past this oppression quite easily so to answer you.. 0 cp units are not a problem. most decent players in all faction will get an answer to it

?

Click here to login

Comment