Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

How do I counter DAK's 2x Motorcycle team in a 1v1 match?

Copied to clipboard!
10 days ago
Apr 25, 2024, 3:56:27 PM

The Motorcycle Team is the fastest unit in this game, even when moving in reverse. Nothing can catch it (pathing issues aside).

On some maps, it becomes impossible for me to control due to its speed and considerable damage output.

There are only two methods that I know of:

1. Sacrifice 30 ammunition for a mine then pray that vehicles will run over it.
  2. Hope that your opponent remains unaware of its presence and allow my infantry to shoot at it until it's destroyed.

Any suggestion would be appeciated.

7 days ago
Apr 28, 2024, 10:53:01 AM

The motorcycle is extremely squish and is very bad at dealing damage on the move. If someone builds 2 of them in 1v1 they are making a significant investment and will not have infantry to support for a while. If they engage in combat, be sure to put pressure on them. Shooting them from cover is not the best idea, cause it gives them control over the battle and allows them to deal damage. If they are backing up and maneuvering under pressure they will not fire much because of a very small arc of fire and they will also not be able to back out of combat during their very long reload.

7 days ago
Apr 28, 2024, 6:23:28 PM

Bike, in 1v1 is micro intensive, I only saw the top range players achieving something worth to be a disturbance in early map control...  It takes DAK 400 MP and 1 min to pop out  2 of them, which in early game is far from optimal considering how they can die quickly... When playing Allies you have the upper hand in terms of aggressive capping.. If you play USF you have the Jeep which is fast and "tankier" than the bike, if you have brits you have the Dingo.. I think you  can engage the bike quite easily in every situation it wont take much to the DAK player to lose one if they try to cap behind your lines, most of the time the bike will die if they have no support... Bad pathing is still a thing and mines are a one hit wonder against them...

Plus most of the player base dont spam bike as DAK so you should be ok overall...

5 days ago
Apr 30, 2024, 9:39:55 PM

As Brits vs dak the dingo is always the second unit I build. It does a lot of damage to the krad very quickly (and vs 250 halftracks). With good timing vs a krad that lost health fighting infantry you can even chase it down and kill it in the time it takes your opponent to react. If you keep your sappers near the dingo then it'll be hard for the motorbikes to 2v1 dive it without losing at least 1. Dingo also allows you to win those engagements where the krad is chipping away against your infantry in cover, as it allows you to deal enough damage quickly enough to force it off. DAK also don't have any early SMG infantry so don't have a quick way of destroying a well microed dingo.

As USF I would basically try the same thing as above but with the jeep. The jeep also beats the krad and is good for chasing down as it's fast and has long bursts of fire even while moving. It's more fragile though, so you may want to accompany it with engineers or riflemen to avoid getting dived. Alternatively you could build an early bazooka team and use prioritise vehicles to force the krad to stay out of the fight, if you're going for a tier 2 build with airborne or something like that.

In the early game I normally move my camera into the fog of war near the enemy's base to listen for vehicle noises. That way you can hear the krad and see where it's going. If you hear two then you can prepare accordingly. You can also use this to rush down the enemy's krad while it's capping

4 days ago
May 1, 2024, 9:04:42 PM

More of Brit thing since most people don't build Engineers early as USF but It's also worth mentioning that placing mines on high value points or choke points will also do the trick. 2X Bike usually means at least one of them will try to go for your cut-off or high fuel point just mine that point and you might get lucky.  

?

Click here to login

Comment