Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Differences between Co-op vs AI and Custom Game

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
May 28, 2024, 1:04:26 AM

I might overlook it somewhere.  But what is the differences between "Co-op vs AI" and "Custom Game"?  I understand in Custom Game, one can change the parameters of the games.  But in addition to that, are they identical between 2 modes, e.g. AI players behavior?  Especially why "Co-op vs AI" needs to do auto-matching before a game can start?  Is this mode utilizing server to play as the AI player?

-Dennis

a month ago
May 28, 2024, 10:56:40 AM

Especially why "Co-op vs AI" needs to do auto-matching before a game can start?  Is this mode utilizing server to play as the AI player?

What... what do you think "co-op" means? It's there to match you with other players seeking co-op.

That aside, there certainly is some server logic being run to set up the match - automatic selection of maps and enemies. I think it's supposed to be a gentle introduction to automatch mechanics (map, faction, and spawn location randomness). Sort of an "Automatch except it's against AI" experience. 

a month ago
May 31, 2024, 9:35:07 AM

Interesting.  That makes sense.  I usually co-op with my friends without the need to match other players.  Even with this, we still need to wait for the "auto-matching" before the game start.  I guess playing 1 vs 1 AI is the same.  Maybe we are waiting a couple of minutes just for the server to find the map and setup other parameters.

Somehow I "feel" AI is stronger in "co-op" than in "custom game."  But maybe it's just an illusion.  Sounds like AI players between "co-op" and "custom" are identical.

?

Click here to login

Comment