Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Matilda is a wipe machine

Copied to clipboard!
18 days ago
May 31, 2024, 3:26:37 PM

High rate of fire and for some reason it always kills full hp models, if they are injured it will just wipe squad after squad. pretty sure this thing is OP

18 days ago
May 31, 2024, 8:16:15 PM

I’ve wanted them to nerf it for a while. It’s got pinpoint accuracy and high rate of fire. Sometimes you can’t even react to it in time. Seems a little too good vs infantry.

16 days ago
Jun 2, 2024, 1:17:49 AM

that and grants just blow away any infantry, what annoys me is they also blow away their counters head on... they just strip AT guns and are resilient to any non bg tank I can build as wehr... even my marders were not penetraing... 2 matildas just seem to run over everything as do 2 grants... 

16 days ago
Jun 2, 2024, 5:54:29 AM

because they only have half Scatter Area,means they have nearly double hit chance than other tank.  

so you can see they have very high hit chance to infantry

16 days ago
Jun 2, 2024, 1:19:31 PM
Fatal_Thoughts wrote:

that and grants just blow away any infantry, what annoys me is they also blow away their counters head on... they just strip AT guns and are resilient to any non bg tank I can build as wehr... even my marders were not penetraing... 2 matildas just seem to run over everything as do 2 grants... 

Yeah i hope they nerf both the matilda and grant, they come out so soon and there is little you can do against it when playing dak

7 days ago
Jun 11, 2024, 9:08:58 AM

Getting Grants is harder and  takes more time now, Matildas are good vs inf, but they are slow as hell, I personally like the Tank battles in mid-late game, brits need to have a bunch of tanks to be relevant, their slow repair rate, gives axis players a solid advantage over these tanks...DAK hits and run slow Brit tanks quite good and the new BG makes AT and magnetic mines a huge impact on Brit armor...

flank harder I will say ! ;)

6 days ago
Jun 12, 2024, 11:56:45 AM
CybR wrote:

Getting Grants is harder and  takes more time now, Matildas are good vs inf, but they are slow as hell, I personally like the Tank battles in mid-late game, brits need to have a bunch of tanks to be relevant, their slow repair rate, gives axis players a solid advantage over these tanks...DAK hits and run slow Brit tanks quite good and the new BG makes AT and magnetic mines a huge impact on Brit armor...

flank harder I will say ! ;)

brits only need 1 tank to be relevant, you are confusing them with DAK. Both the grant and matilda are overperforming for their cost. slow repair rate can be fixed with upgraded engineers. plus on most teamgame maps flanking is quite hard since most maps have a city at either side of the map.  'just flank bro' isnt an solution when your inf gets shredded and your tanks need 700+MP in upgrades to become competitive (dak) whilst brits get free vet for dirt cheap on their tanks

6 days ago
Jun 12, 2024, 4:22:22 PM

I think the unit is fine. The Matilda is a slow anti infantry tank. It doesn't have massive AoE and it can't chase down infantry so it's not actually that good at wiping squads.

furthermore, it is weak against axis medium armor due to its slow speed and compartively weak gun.

Updated 6 days ago.
5 days ago
Jun 13, 2024, 1:11:07 PM

Completely agreed, the matilda anti-infantry capability is through the roof and made even worse with grants being such wipe machines that a flak36 can't even counter them, no chance if it gets ran at!
At guns need to have a decent chance of bouncing frontal shots with the shield (making the weapon take a bit of damage instead of the crew)

5 days ago
Jun 13, 2024, 1:11:10 PM
Aerohank wrote:

I think the unit is fine. The Matilda is a slow anti infantry tank. It doesn't have massive AoE and it can't chase down infantry so it's not actually that good at wiping squads.

furthermore, it is weak against axis medium armor due to its slow speed and compartively weak gun.

It has super accurate, has a high ROF. it doesnt have to run down squads since it just 2 shots them. accuracy should be lowered

4 days ago
Jun 14, 2024, 10:49:18 PM
Mux2 wrote:
Aerohank wrote:

It has super accurate, has a high ROF. it doesnt have to run down squads since it just 2 shots them. accuracy should be lowered

Completely agree, I have stropstroppen in green cover and it just wipes 3 models and 90% health in first shot, you hit retreat and it gets the other, AT guns bounce off it and it again just insta strips the AT gun crews head on.... no axis tank does that.  Matilda needs something that reduce ROF or accuracy

a day ago
Jun 17, 2024, 11:31:41 AM

Look, brit armor late game is so broken there isn't even a conversation to be had to be honest. They won't nerf it as they should, because balance is done in a retarded way through win rates. I think all that needs to be said is that the total cost to rush out a matilda is 270 fuel and for a PIII it is 255 fuel (in a normal game this is ~40s difference which is not much). If anyone is deluded enough to claim that a PIII is even remotely in the same level of performance as a matilda, then... I rest my case. It is batshit insane that tanks of basically the same cost that arrive at basically the same time perform so wildy differently. It is supposed to be the case, that the matilda is strong vs inf and weak vs tanks, but that isn't true as the PIII and matilda have a similar chance of penning each other frontally and the matilda has higher dpm and way more health so it is almost sure to win vs a PIII. It is worlds better against inf than a PIII almost reaching levels of the tiger, despite having a tiny dogshit gun that should suck vs inf not to mention, that allied inf is much more survivable overall so the problem is even more so exacerbated. The only thing that the PIII has over the matilda is mobility, but honestly considering the PIII's target size and speed it just isn't enough to be trully useful in combat especially combined with the horrible pathing. Allies get useful mobility in the form of the greyhound or hellcat. The PIII's mobility is good in the sense that it can traverse the map quickly to be able to deal with multiple spots in a short time but combat wise it isn't really useful unlike the allied F1 tanks. Even the PIII machineguns that are supposed to make up for it's lacking gun aren't all that much better because their stats suck and the matilda's coax has multiple times better accuracy at range (which is where most combat happens).

Now, the matilda would be ok if it was hard to kill but did almost no damage frontally to medium tanks and up (a real tank tank) and was much less of a wipe machine vs inf, just did decent, consistent damage preferably to a single or 2 models at most due to it's small gun. At this moment, it wins with the PIII easily, it wipes inf like a tiger, costs almost the same to get and arrives at more or less the same time. It also has the added benefit of often bouncing at guns which PIII's don't do and is overall so so much better and easier to use.

Updated a day ago.
?

Click here to login

Comment