Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

No more encounter or skirmish battle?

Copied to clipboard!
5 months ago
Dec 5, 2023, 11:47:50 PM

The new patch seems to force you to auto-resolve instead of letting you fight the battle. Really take the fun out of the game.

5 months ago
Dec 6, 2023, 5:13:42 AM

I remember playing the same match over and over and over again on the same 3 maps which were rotated to make them appear different. This was definitely the right decision.

If you want a skirmish you can play a skirmish. But being forced to play around 30+ of these bad boys (played on veteran) when the game first came out was an absolute nightmare. They really lacked any substance. I would probably have never gone back to the campaign but know I think I might try to get the ice cream.

5 months ago
Dec 6, 2023, 5:43:13 AM

No one forces you to skirmish every encounter, you can always auto-resolve them but leave the option to others who like it.

5 months ago
Dec 6, 2023, 5:56:44 AM
shadow_12357 wrote:

No one forces you to skirmish every encounter, you can always auto-resolve them but leave the option to others who like it.

Damn bro this is so stupid, I auto resolved every battle I could but when you play on the hardest difficulty (No one is forcing me to play on the hardest difficultly?) and you actually want to win the campaign (No one is forcing me to win the campaign?) you actually had to take the fight to the enemy and play these abominations. I'm not going to reply to you anymore, but hey to each their own.

5 months ago
Dec 6, 2023, 4:11:59 PM

Skirmishes will still occur when you face an enemy Company in a city. The combat out on the map is the only one that will auto-resolve, however, this is now more complex with veterancy and health playing a bigger part. Additionally, company types (infantry, armor, artillery) work in a rock-paper-scissors fashion, so it will be more critical ensuring you have the right Company before engaging the enemy.

5 months ago
Dec 8, 2023, 1:28:31 PM

I like to do skirmish all the time. I don't use or like auto-resolve. Please remove the automatic auto-resolve.

5 months ago
Dec 10, 2023, 10:41:56 PM

The point of buying the game is to fight skirmishes if you take that away you ruin the game. Quess what you've ruined the game, we had the choice to fight or auto but now you've taken away our choice.

4 months ago
Dec 17, 2023, 2:08:41 AM

I actually came to the forum to see if others felt the same way I did.

I agree that playing EVERY single encounter got VERY tiring.   The map variety was lacking, it was the same objectives repeatedly etc.  However, as it's already been pointed out this is an RTS game, and part of that is to play skirmish style battles.

I think there is a delicate balance here, and I know the dev team is reacting to player feedback.   Realistically the amount of people like myself who enjoy having the option to fight the RTS skirmish style battles will be a very small percentage I think taking away the option entirely is a mistake.   

As an example if one of my companies is very low on health and gets surprise attacked it would be nice to at least have the option to try and save it.  I think that the changes made in the latest update is to make some of the under utilized systems more necessary and add more depth/strategic planning which is great.  

I guess all the minority of us are asking is that the option to play out the skirmishes be reintroduced or at least revisited.  

4 months ago
Jan 4, 2024, 5:21:45 PM

I see people here like the skirmishes, I think I'm getting old and slow even with the game on easy with tactical pause I can't beat the second skirmish on the Italian front, I like playing the strategy games but not fast ones, I think it will be great if there is an option to auto-resolve the battle or play it (like other games) this will leave the choice to the player

4 months ago
Jan 9, 2024, 12:00:47 AM

Hey Devs! I am very disappointed with the changes to the campaign battle system, and would prefer the older version like a majority of your player base. I played the original version at release, and enjoyed having three options to choose from (Manual Battle / Auto Resolve / Retreat) for every battle. Now I have no drive to play your game, and I just wanted to say I am amazed at this backward thinking.

15 days ago
Apr 14, 2024, 10:58:20 PM

Thank you. 

I fell in love with this game when I first played it, dumped nearly 200 hours into it and it instantly became my new favourite RTS. 

Returned today after some time away to finish my veteran playthrough and this change has singlehandedly ruined the game for me. I have no interest in online play, nor do I have an interest in the way the "multiplayer" skirmish works against the AI.. so cutting half the battles out of campaign means it has effectively cut out half of my game. Uninstalled and won't be returning again until the issue is resolved. 

15 days ago
Apr 14, 2024, 11:01:24 PM
MrDominicDuffy wrote:
shadow_12357 wrote:

Damn bro this is so stupid, I auto resolved every battle I could but when you play on the hardest difficulty (No one is forcing me to play on the hardest difficultly?) and you actually want to win the campaign (No one is forcing me to win the campaign?) you actually had to take the fight to the enemy and play these abominations. I'm not going to reply to you anymore, but hey to each their own.

Cool you bought a game to auto resolve all the way through it And are now happy that you have less game to actually play. 

Why didn't you just buy a movie instead? 

15 days ago
Apr 15, 2024, 5:21:33 PM
Charomentis wrote:

Thank you. 

I fell in love with this game when I first played it, dumped nearly 200 hours into it and it instantly became my new favourite RTS. 

Returned today after some time away to finish my veteran playthrough and this change has singlehandedly ruined the game for me. I have no interest in online play, nor do I have an interest in the way the "multiplayer" skirmish works against the AI.. so cutting half the battles out of campaign means it has effectively cut out half of my game. Uninstalled and won't be returning again until the issue is resolved. 

Please let's avoid bringing back old threads as it goes against the rules. Thanks for your understanding.

Comment