Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Option to turn off chat

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Jun 24, 2024, 11:04:10 AM

Hello. I'm kinda tired of toxic community of the game and my suggestion to the relic team is to add ability to turn off chat with the enemy and with teammates (separate options since I'm using team chat sometimes). Too many people likes to humiliate losing side or just cry a bit about balance, bad teammates or whatever. And countless insults for whatever reason.

Probably there is a mod to do this already?

3 months ago
Jul 2, 2024, 7:24:01 AM
DaddyWesker wrote: basketball stars

Hello. I'm kinda tired of toxic community of the game and my suggestion to the relic team is to add ability to turn off chat with the enemy and with teammates (separate options since I'm using team chat sometimes). Too many people likes to humiliate losing side or just cry a bit about balance, bad teammates or whatever. And countless insults for whatever reason.

Probably there is a mod to do this already?

You're true; it may be really annoying to read nasty comments in online games.  Although there isn't a perfect answer, you can attempt the following:

Mute Players: Individual players can be muted in the majority of games, including Company of Heroes. By doing this, you can silence their chat messages.
Ignore List: To completely stop receiving communications from repeat offenders, add them to your ignore list.
Minimize the chat box and concentrate on in-game activities and pings to interact with other players.
Report Abuse: Use the in-game reporting system to let the developers know if someone is bothering you.

Updated 3 months ago.
2 months ago
Jul 29, 2024, 7:01:31 AM
DaddyWesker wrote:

add ability to turn off chat with the enemy and with teammates (separate options since I'm using team chat sometimes).

Yes! Every online pvp game needs that, for reasons the OP described. Toxic communication in games is one of the things that puts me off the most and discourages me to play online.

?

Click here to login

Comment