Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

My thoughts on the latest patch.

Copied to clipboard!
2 months ago
Jul 21, 2024, 9:55:32 PM

Hey all,

First of all, I do appreciate the effort Relic is putting into the game to improve it as much as possible.

I do think this patch has been the best to date, and I feel like they are on the right path to making COH 3 a good game.

What I think this patch has done well:

- The new vehicle movement physics - especially the vehicle sway when near explosions (cool touch)

- The improved sound FX for small arms (definitely an improvement over the previous sounds.)

- The new death animations and rag doll physics.

- Some of the new multiplayer features.

That being said, I still believe there's quite a lot of work to be done on the sound - especially the explosions and tank fire. They just sound cheap. It's been a problem since the very beginning of the game and I still hope Relic intends to improve these at some point. There's something about these sounds that just lack depth. I feel like I'm playing a cheap game on the phone instead of a AAA title game - which is a real shame because the sound FX in COH1 & 2 were phenomenal.

Also, there is still some kind of cartoony look to the visuals and animations in this game. I feel this really detracts from its serious and gritty tone. Specifically, the explosions, fire, and smoke effects just don't seem to match with the rest of the game. They almost have an anime type feel to them instead of the heavy, deep visual FX we had in COH1 and 2.  The flames and smoke dance and dissipate too quickly. It just looks cartoony. I really hope Relic will take note of this and address it.

Lastly, I'll mention that I wrote this thread earlier in the year - https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/11480-i-have-to-say-this?page=1#post-37774

I do think this patch took a decent stab at many of these problems and I am feeling a bit more hopeful after this patch. I did reinstall the game, after all, to check out the improvements Relic had made. I haven't played much since reinstalling though since I still feel the issues at play are enough to keep me from diving in.

I REALLY REALLY want to like this game - not only because I spent money on it, but because I'm a huge fan of the COH franchise and was a huge Relic fan in general. I really do hope Relic will continue to improve the game. I feel like they are on the right path.

When this game is finally in it's correct state, I will be very happy to come back and play it and I'm sure many, many others will be as well.

Keep trying.

a month ago
Jul 26, 2024, 8:01:18 AM
Olivestrip wrote:

Hey all,

First of all, I do appreciate the effort Relic is putting into the game to improve it as much as possible.

I do think this patch has been the best to date, and I feel like they are on the right path to making COH 3 a good game.

What I think this patch has done well:

- The new vehicle movement physics - especially the vehicle sway when near explosions (cool touch)

- The improved sound FX for small arms (definitely an improvement over the previous sounds.)

- The new death animations and rag doll physics.

- Some of the new multiplayer features.

That being said, I still believe there's quite a lot of work to be done on the sound - especially the explosions and tank fire. They just sound cheap. It's been a problem since the very beginning of the game and I still hope Relic intends to improve these at some point. There's something about these sounds that just lack depth. I feel like I'm playing a cheap game on the phone instead of a AAA title game - which is a real shame because the sound FX in COH1 & 2 were phenomenal.

geometry dash subzero

Also, there is still some kind of cartoony look to the visuals and animations in this game. I feel this really detracts from its serious and gritty tone. Specifically, the explosions, fire, and smoke effects just don't seem to match with the rest of the game. They almost have an anime type feel to them instead of the heavy, deep visual FX we had in COH1 and 2.  The flames and smoke dance and dissipate too quickly. It just looks cartoony. I really hope Relic will take note of this and address it.

Lastly, I'll mention that I wrote this thread earlier in the year - https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/9-coh3-feedback/threads/11480-i-have-to-say-this?page=1#post-37774

I do think this patch took a decent stab at many of these problems and I am feeling a bit more hopeful after this patch. I did reinstall the game, after all, to check out the improvements Relic had made. I haven't played much since reinstalling though since I still feel the issues at play are enough to keep me from diving in.

I REALLY REALLY want to like this game - not only because I spent money on it, but because I'm a huge fan of the COH franchise and was a huge Relic fan in general. I really do hope Relic will continue to improve the game. I feel like they are on the right path.

When this game is finally in it's correct state, I will be very happy to come back and play it and I'm sure many, many others will be as well.

Keep trying.

I agree, as a big fan of Relic I also hope they can improve the visuals and sound more, currently lacking depth and not really perfect with the current experience.

a month ago
Jul 26, 2024, 7:38:35 PM

Completely agree.

I feel the gameplay and mechanics are decent. It's a shame because the audio and visuals just pull the player out of what could otherwise be a very immersive experience.

They have fixed some of the issues in the latest patch, which is great, but I think there is definitely work left to do. 

Updated a month ago.
?

Click here to login

Comment