Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Terrible AI

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Mar 1, 2023, 10:03:07 PM

I think there are more bugs, but at the moment all I found. If you also found AI bugs, write it in this thread.

AI Bugs :

AI instead of taking vehicles to the base for repairs goes into battle and loses vehicles. The AI also does not allow you to finish repairing AI vehicles .

AI constantly brings tanks and vehicles under the anti-tank guns.

That if you destroy an AI building, the AI will no longer build it.

AI often drives its equipment over the edge of the map and thus cannot repair it

AI walks infantry units directly on machine guns and thereby retreats or loses a unit.

AI rarely occupies buildings with its units. In many situations this would save a lot of AI units from death.

AI also often leaves his units just standing around.

AI constantly sends lightly armored vehicles at enemy tanks.

AI often does not capture points in front of his nose and goes to capture the farthest points on the map.

AI spams (America and Britain) with support vehicles (for repairs) and wastes the troop limit instead of building the necessary units.

AI hardly ever uses the Doctrines that are presented in the game. 

AI often forgets about his machine guns and anti-tank guns and they stand idle.

AI anti-tank guns and machine guns shoot at the ground without good reason.

AI in capture mode captures the main points (Victory Points) not in the first place and thus often loses matches.

AI often moves troops back and forth without any objective on the map.

AI often forgets to retreat units and thereby loses a troop.

AI rarely picks up abandoned machine guns or anti-tank guns. Very rarely. (Bug or normal?)

AI does not build bunkers as it was in Coh 2 (Bug or normal?)

AI does not use the disassembly function of the defeated vehicles to replenish resources.

Also, the ambulance also stands idle, the AI does not use it after being called on the map.

The AI does not use the Resource Enhancement ability when calling the 2.5 Tonne Cargo Truck.

When AI call the 2.5 Tonne Cargo Truck, the AI drives it to the resource point and just stands there idly, without activating the ability to increase resources at the point :(

This applies to all vehicles that can extract additional resources on the resource points with the ability. The AI of all factions is so strange behavior, goes to the point, and then just stands without activating the increase in resources :(

At this point the AI is better in some ways, but it is much worse than in Coh 2 unfortunately.

Who wants to play with normal AI here's a link to a new mod that is very nice to improve the behavior of the AI.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2942790265

P.s The mod came out recently and he fixed not all of the problems of the AI but at the moment it is the best AI mod that is :)

And it will be finalize and improved in the future !

Updated 2 years ago.
2 years ago
Mar 5, 2023, 9:55:23 PM

Add a few points

AI produced 17-pound guns or 88 guns, sometimes seen piled up at home

Also when taking them out will set up several guns at the same point ( I don't know if it's normal

Also sometimes pushing the guns up the front and exposing them to attack

For the doctrine, I don't see them calling a tiger or a black prince and some armor support

The AI also likes to bypass the player's army and directly demolish the house ( Even if they hit their homes, they insist on bypassing the army

I don't know if the resource multiplier of experts has been lowered Can't feel the previous large-scale offensive ( It could also be a map issue

AI is also not very good at asking engineers to repair bridges

2 years ago
Mar 6, 2023, 2:07:43 PM
pps12330 wrote:

Add a few points

AI produced 17-pound guns or 88 guns, sometimes seen piled up at home

Also when taking them out will set up several guns at the same point ( I don't know if it's normal

Also sometimes pushing the guns up the front and exposing them to attack

For the doctrine, I don't see them calling a tiger or a black prince and some armor support

The AI also likes to bypass the player's army and directly demolish the house ( Even if they hit their homes, they insist on bypassing the army

I don't know if the resource multiplier of experts has been lowered Can't feel the previous large-scale offensive ( It could also be a map issue

AI is also not very good at asking engineers to repair bridges

I hope they fix it.

2 years ago
Mar 6, 2023, 2:50:19 PM

The most annoying thing I've seen so far is the AI sending out tank destroyers (especially Marders) independently, as if they were scout cars or something. They're so easy to flank and destroy, and the AI should never use them unsupported.

2 years ago
Mar 6, 2023, 2:52:15 PM

Incidentally, Expert AI in CoH3 is far, far easier than Expert AI in CoH2. I used to enjoy the endless hordes they'd spam at you, especially on bridge maps (so you could bottleneck them), but in CoH3 they're far more passive.

2 years ago
Mar 6, 2023, 5:43:15 PM
Toljus wrote:

Incidentally, Expert AI in CoH3 is far, far easier than Expert AI in CoH2. I used to enjoy the endless hordes they'd spam at you, especially on bridge maps (so you could bottleneck them), but in CoH3 they're far more passive.

Unfortunately, that's true :(

I liked the AI that was in Coh 2.

In Coh 2 I find it hard to defeat the Extreme AI, but in Coh 3 I easily destroy the Extreme AI (in Victory Points mode) by destroying its buildings, the AI does not even have time to lose because of the loss of points :D

I want a very aggressive AI on Expert difficulty. So I'll regret fighting him :)

Updated 2 years ago.
2 years ago
Mar 7, 2023, 9:18:52 AM

not entirely bad Currently the AI will place mines and anti-tank traps

If the AI can't fight for a long time, it will gather a wave Or gather a wave to try to hit other routes

(I don’t know if this has happened before. The impression of playing COH or COH2 is that a bunch of people keep rushing in

still have a question After being demolished at home, it seems that the engineering team will not be called to repair the main base.

2 years ago
Mar 7, 2023, 12:37:41 PM

when previous coh mods had better ai than a 2023 release of coh 3 lol..

2 years ago
Mar 8, 2023, 9:20:23 AM
pps12330 wrote:

not entirely bad Currently the AI will place mines and anti-tank traps

If the AI can't fight for a long time, it will gather a wave Or gather a wave to try to hit other routes

(I don’t know if this has happened before. The impression of playing COH or COH2 is that a bunch of people keep rushing in

still have a question After being demolished at home, it seems that the engineering team will not be called to repair the main base.

I also noticed that if you destroy an AI building, the AI will no longer build it :(

2 years ago
Mar 9, 2023, 11:24:15 PM

Just want to add a +1 to the issues with passive AI on expert. Feels a lot easier than COH2, particularly on bridge maps. Part of the problem is that the AI (at least playing against German factions) doesn’t really seem to use much artillery at all, so if you spam emplacements they don’t know how to respond. In COH2 they‘d hit you with artillery and force you to change tactics. 

2 years ago
Mar 13, 2023, 1:15:40 PM
Filmgeek47 wrote:

Just want to add a +1 to the issues with passive AI on expert. Feels a lot easier than COH2, particularly on bridge maps. Part of the problem is that the AI (at least playing against German factions) doesn’t really seem to use much artillery at all, so if you spam emplacements they don’t know how to respond. In COH2 they‘d hit you with artillery and force you to change tactics. 

I agree with you

2 years ago
Mar 21, 2023, 8:02:28 PM

Who wants to play with normal AI here's a link to a new mod that is very nice to improve the behavior of the AI.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2942790265

P.s The mod came out recently and he fixed not all of the problems of the AI but at the moment it is the best AI mod that is :)

And it will be finalize  and improved in the future !

Updated 2 years ago.
?

Click here to login

Comment