Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Icons, Art, and UI - Feedback

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Mar 8, 2023, 4:58:52 PM

While the game does well with the most important element of a new release - the gameplay - there is a large disparity between that and the UI art and design.

The most glaring issue is the use of recycled art from COH2. Not only does it often not match the context of its use, but the quality is often far below the surrounding elements, making the disparity painfully clear upon casual observation. An example of this is the portrait art for the British Crusader, which is currently using a low-res copy of the icon art for COH2's Cromwell tanks.

In addition, the title screen and in-game menus feel half-done. While functional, they often feel as if icons and elements were simply pasted onto a simple background. When compared to COH2 or  COH1, it just doesn't feel like COH3 got the same level of attention here.

While this game has it where it counts, these art and design flaws do a lot to cheapen the overall presentation, which is honestly a shame given how good the gameplay is. I hope we'll see them remedied in future updates, as I believe it'll do a lot for this game's image.

2 years ago
Mar 8, 2023, 5:51:38 PM

I agree. The bishop has the sexton and the grant has the Sherman's icon on loadout. I hope the developers will address those problems. 

2 years ago
Mar 9, 2023, 3:02:08 PM

The Whermacht Luftwaffekompanie has an upgrade icon with a stug assult gun, but it unlocks a Marder AT.

2 years ago
Mar 10, 2023, 7:19:36 AM

I thought the Kradschutzen was a Kubelwagon because...well...you know.

?

Click here to login

Comment