Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Feedback for making playing with friends more fun (and less frustrating)

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Apr 8, 2023, 3:37:00 PM

I’ve played thousands of multiplayer hours across every CoH-title with the same friends, and I am so happy about CoH3 (other team members not so much). The core gameplay and faction design is just so damn fun, especially when playing with friends. I do agree with the community consensus that the game is lacking in other respects, and the many frustration threaten the team fun. So, here I want to focus on ideas for some much needed changes for enhanced team play. Some ideas have been bouncing around the community, many were already present or added to CoH2, and some are completely novel:

• Pings need to stay visible for longer. Both for indicating targets for team mates and for one self to remember a specific target location (e.g. for arty that will soon be off cooldown). Similar to CoH2 pings that had a ground marker for several seconds.
  • Make it possible to share more resources and stuff as a team: e.g. weapon drops, resource drops, etc. this could come at a cost for you, but it could be meaningful to spend some resources in order to provide a teammate with some of your float.
  • Make it possible to buy cosmetics for friends in the store (as gifts).
  • Add Stats for all recent games accessible somewhere (i.e. for team evaluation of matches).
  • Nerf Bois AT rifles: Almost every team game against brits is a scramble trying to counter the british AT blob. It’s repetitive and not fun. Especially if the whole team has gone DAK light vehicles.
  • Put teammates names on their units (like CoH2). It’s currently impossible to see which unit belongs to which teammate.
  • Don’t close the stats for all teammates when the host closes his stats. Leads to frustration.
  • Add an in-game encyclopedia for the team to read up on stats and functions. Should contain updated and interactable tech trees with costs and unlocks (aka Elpern’s tech tree).
  • Add small tutorial videos in-game for new players on the team. 
  • Add shared replay and observer mode for teams to evaluate their games together. 
  • Make it possible to reconnect for players who dropped. 
  • Add shared team challenges or challenges that require team collaboration in some way. 
  • Add an ability to see resource float and battlegroup abilities for teammates. 
  • Make it possible to click on battlegroups and read up on abilities while queuing for automatch. It currently locks when the search for an automatch starts. 
  • Add a “planning” tab where teams can draw on game maps and discuss strategies while queuing for automatch. Similarly, make it possible to “paint orders”, like attack arrows on the tac map in-game for teammates to see. Could also be combined with a build-order visualization tool. 
  • Visualize battlegroup themes in a clearer way: the Commanders of vCoH had incredibly clear themes with corresponding visuals. The CoH3 commanders can be a bit more unclear in what to expect. In vCoH, my team would often ask “are you going defensive (commander)”, but in CoH2 and 3 we often ask “are you going the Tiger battlegroup?” because we can’t remember its theme. 
  • Add ability to queue for automatch as ‘random faction’ and as ‘random allied/axis faction’. Should spice up team games and may result in faster matchmaking.

Thanks for a great game and series

Edit: typos
Updated 2 years ago.
2 years ago
Apr 11, 2023, 11:22:56 AM

You forgot one main, simple-to-implement, but really annoying thing. Ability to invite friend via steam UI. Seriously, their in-game friend list is buggy. Me with my pals are spending some time to achieve one simple task - create a lobby and invite everyone. Since me, for example, see friend A in the Online friends, and not seeing friend B, friend B doesn't see anyone at all, and friend A sees only friend B. It is so ridiculous. SO no surprise why coh 3 is currently has less or almost equal players than coh 2. Relic just cant do some simpliest fixes. Instead - in-game shop with ridiculously overpriced skins.

Updated 2 years ago.
?

Click here to login

Comment