Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

How to unlock - Lest We Forget achievement in CoH3

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Mar 29, 2023, 7:12:13 PM

Hello fellow Company of Heroes 3 player,

I am seeking some guidance on how to unlock the Lest We Forget (Collect all Soldier Stories) achievement. I have played through the Italy campaign three times and still haven't managed to obtain this achievement.

If anyone has any tips or advice on how to unlock this achievement, I would greatly appreciate your help. Maybe there is a specific approach or strategy I need to take in order to successfully collect all of the soldier stories.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, and I look forward to hearing from fellow players who have successfully obtained this achievement.

a year ago
Mar 30, 2023, 8:15:45 PM

+1

I am also looking for some advice. Is it has to be done during single campaign? Or I can collect those through multiple saves.

a year ago
Apr 3, 2023, 2:04:51 PM

Played Italy 2.5 times and sadly do not forget that I still do not have "Lest We Forget..." No idea oh how to get it but suspect that it may be achieved by fighing all possible battles in campaign... Still missing "The Second Step" too....

a year ago
Apr 6, 2023, 1:01:55 AM

每次相遇都应该手动进行,而不是自动进行。

a year ago
May 24, 2023, 1:47:14 AM

Play every battle in Italy manually. And pray! It's another unnecessary achievement that just takes time. Thank you Relic.

10 months ago
Jun 24, 2023, 12:07:06 PM

I'm also trying to unlock this one. Has anyone managed it on standard difficulty? It feels like there are not enough units to fight, especially when there are many loading screens without stories. I haven't been bombarding etc. 

Also, do you have to unlock this achievement in a single play-through do they stack across multiple runs. 

Cheers!

10 months ago
Jun 26, 2023, 12:24:18 PM

I'm going to do the campaign with the highest level of difficulty

I just have a hunch: it may require capturing the cities historically, with the correct order, and the correct troops

that would make it impossible for me to complete the game,

otherwise, my second attempt is definitely more passive

on the Playstation Network, only 3 people worldwide have received this trophy since the release

It would be very desirable to have a hint from the developers what to follow

I also have an achievement bug After completing the campaign, I didn't get the VOLTURNO BREAKER achievement even though I completed everything

9 months ago
Aug 1, 2023, 8:07:06 AM

@dev team,  it could be cool to give us an answer... It's not normal that only 0.7% of players have unlock this achievement ! 

It's really not cool to make that, you already did that on CoH2... For many players achievements are really important, sometimes more important than the game itself. So please, give us advices to unlock this achievement because it's totally dumb to spend hours and hours doing the italian campaign for nothing. It's really not cool at all !!!!

9 months ago
Aug 5, 2023, 12:52:57 PM

I have completed the Italian campaign in Company of Heroes 3 three times on standard difficulty and four times at the expert level. Yet, despite these accomplishments, I haven't received the corresponding achievement. This could indicate a bug or some kind of issue within the game. Since it's the only achievement I have left, the disappointment of not receiving it has led me to stop playing the campaign altogether.

Played the Italy Campaign
Standard Difficulty: 3 Times
Expert Difficulty: 4 Times

9 months ago
Aug 8, 2023, 9:46:17 AM

4 months ago and still no answer. @Dev team what are you doing ? You don't care about us ?

9 months ago
Aug 8, 2023, 5:39:48 PM

Our team is taking a closer look at this achievement. There are a couple possibilities for what's going on here, but I'm waiting on the team to investigate it and to let me know. In the meantime I've also added this to our Known Issues list

Updated 9 months ago.
8 months ago
Aug 16, 2023, 9:09:32 AM

Thank you @John_RE, we are waiting for this !!!

7 months ago
Sep 20, 2023, 2:21:57 PM
John_RE wrote:

Our team is taking a closer look at this achievement. There are a couple possibilities for what's going on here, but I'm waiting on the team to investigate it and to let me know. In the meantime I've also added this to our Known Issues list

Add "Sweet Victory" to that list as well.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2941422305

7 months ago
Sep 23, 2023, 4:30:50 PM

What exactly should be done to get Sweet Victory, guys? I’ve tried 5 times and nothing happens. Is the algorithm known?

6 months ago
Oct 12, 2023, 6:04:13 AM

Hello, we are still waiting for feedback about this achievement...

6 months ago
Oct 12, 2023, 1:27:41 PM
infernoVenom wrote:

Hello fellow Company of Heroes 3 player,

I am seeking some guidance on how to unlock the Lest We Forget (Collect all Soldier Stories) achievement. I have played through the Italy campaign three times and still haven't managed to obtain this achievement.

If anyone has any tips or advice on how to unlock this achievement, I would greatly appreciate your help. Maybe there is a specific approach or strategy I need to take in order to successfully collect all of the soldier stories.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, and I look forward to hearing from fellow players who have successfully obtained this achievement.

see this guide , maybe it can help

Lest We Forget Achievement Guide

"Requirements

Lest We Forget

• Collect all Soldier Stories

How to Get the Achievement

To get the achievement, you have to fight as many battles/skirmishes in the campaign as possible. Every time a loading screen is present with a letter to or from a soldier, it counts to the goal. I believe that you do need to get every single letter at least once. In my experience I have noticed that if you are constantly fighting and actively trying to engage in every enemy unit that you can you can get the achievement around turn 30.

Campaign Skirmish Tips

To help streamline beating skirmishes, I have found that the easiest method is to get around 2 units that use explosives (i.e. SSF and Paratroopers, Bazookas, etc.) and use an M3 Half track or a M29 Weasel to bring your troops into the enemy HQ.

Once in the enemy HQ unload your troops and unleash high yield explosives on the main HQ. Destroying the main HQ will ALWAYS result in a mission success no matter the progress in your goals and will ALWAYS give you the bonus objective skill point even if you did not complete it.

Its so much easier to do this than actually fight in every skirmish, they get very boring very quick..............."

6 months ago
Oct 25, 2023, 8:24:06 PM

Still I couldn't unlock the achievement.
I thought relic will fix this issue with Umber Wasp patch but they didn't do it. There's nothing mention about this in the patch note.

6 months ago
Oct 30, 2023, 3:42:53 AM

Does the difficulty with this achievement lie in the fact that we are "too good" and keep winning battles, when the key to seeing some of the letters comes from losing a battle?

2 years ago, in a preview of the game from this thread....

https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise-home/company-of-heroes-3/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/2272-company-of-heroes-3-telling-soldier-stories

Some of the stories change dynamically depending on your performance. Win a skirmish and the medic you’re following will talk about the friends he’s making on the battlefield. Lose and he’ll be more focused on the soldiers’ lives he’s been fighting to save. 

A single playthrough won’t be enough for you to see all the Soldier Stories. Some of them are very well hidden and will only happen under certain circumstances (keep an eye out for the tank hoarder when you’re playing the game). 

Updated 6 months ago.
?

Click here to login

Comment