Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Automach cooldown - good way to kill the automach numbers

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
Mar 27, 2024, 7:22:39 PM

Automach cooldown is a really bad idea for the game that is barely hanging on and has low player numbers.

This will decimate player numbers, Imagine you join a game with someone afk (happens a lot) or get some idiot who decides to attack your base because you didn’t do what he wanted when he wanted, or your connection simply drops, or relic’s own specialty, bugsplat, which has been happening at lot lately. If you get even 10 timeout chances are people will move move on to play something else, like coh2 for example, which doesn’t have any idiotic systems like that in place. 

With player numbers as low as they are they are risking killing the matchmaking completely. 

I for one would just move on and play CoH 1 or 2 or just some other game, don't have time to sit there waiting for automatch cooldown becuse someone was AFK, definitely not putting up with this sort of nonsense and i can see may other people doing the same.

CoH 1 and 2 never had this and everything was fine, CoH 2 is still way more popular and this will not help to bring thoe players over, congratulations you just made the game worse and more annoying.

It wil be interesting to watch player numbers after this "improvement" 

Updated a month ago.
a month ago
Mar 28, 2024, 11:40:55 AM
ChaosMar1ne wrote:

Automach cooldown is a really bad idea for the game that is barely hanging on and has low player numbers.

This will decimate player numbers, Imagine you join a game with someone afk (happens a lot) or get some idiot who decides to attack your base because you didn’t do what he wanted when he wanted, or your connection simply drops, or relic’s own specialty, bugsplat, which has been happening at lot lately. If you get even 10 timeout chances are people will move move on to play something else, like coh2 for example, which doesn’t have any idiotic systems like that in place. 

With player numbers as low as they are they are risking killing the matchmaking completely. 

I for one would just move on and play CoH 1 or 2 or just some other game, don't have time to sit there waiting for automatch cooldown becuse someone was AFK, definitely not putting up with this sort of nonsense and i can see may other people doing the same.

CoH 1 and 2 never had this and everything was fine, CoH 2 is still way more popular and this will not help to bring thoe players over, congratulations you just made the game worse and more annoying.

It wil be interesting to watch player numbers after this "improvement" 

Seems like the reasoning behind it is sound, so provided the application doesn’t end up timing people out undeservedly I’ve no issue with it personally. I get the concern though, it could penalise people unfairly here and there. Stopping idiots ruining other peoples games is a decent idea though. I swerve team games because of people like that, just doesn’t seem worth the effort or the queue times just to play for 3 minutes only to have someone rage quit or worse because they lost one unit. 

Is coh2 really more popular still? Always seems like the queue times are at least double coh3 so I’ve always assumed half the people online are just playing mods or comp stomping or something. 

a month ago
Mar 28, 2024, 1:24:23 PM

I think a solution would be that a surrender vote can pass with 3/4 or 2/3 people voting yes. So if you have the one ass of an player, you can surrender rather than endure toxic behavior or afk players.

Connection drops are thought luck tho. I doubt it will happen a few matches in a row but generally its a part of gaming today, happens in other games as well.

I do wish you could rejoin matches but while you do so the AI may kill off your army or people surrender so idk if its worth it.

a month ago
Mar 28, 2024, 9:57:45 PM

Honestly I think it wont have an affect on numbers at all (numbers might go up as people will be less likely to be toxic) hopefully

a month ago
Mar 28, 2024, 11:15:39 PM
Punslinger wrote:

I think a solution would be that a surrender vote can pass with 3/4 or 2/3 people voting yes. So if you have the one ass of an player, you can surrender rather than endure toxic behavior or afk players.

Connection drops are thought luck tho. I doubt it will happen a few matches in a row but generally its a part of gaming today, happens in other games as well.

I do wish you could rejoin matches but while you do so the AI may kill off your army or people surrender so idk if its worth it.

Pretty sure Marco said anything above 50% votes passes 

23 days ago
Apr 4, 2024, 6:12:53 PM

I have a Bug on automatch cooldown.

I didint leave any games yet. But I was playing with randoms 3v3 4v4. And I finished 1 game winning against a team that just surrender. The next matchmaking says that a member of my group have an automatch ocoldown due to quitting. I never played with any of the others of the game before we are not a team. I shouldnt get the cooldown penalty.
THIS BUG MUST BE FIXED.

20 days ago
Apr 7, 2024, 1:40:54 AM

What's really starting to really expletive irritate me about the matching cooldown is that even when I vote to surrender IM STILL STUCK WITH THE SAME TEAMMATES NEXT MATCH. Did they learn what they did wrong and adjusted their gameplay to reflect their loss? NOPE, same expletive game plan that didn't work the last 3 times I'm stuck with these guys. Instead of a surrender Relic really should have included an extra feature with BLOCK player so that you'd not expected to be matched with said player unless there were no other options.

And frankly, if team games can only be filled by the same people off my blacklist every match then this game is as good as dead to me just like CoH2 lol.

Updated 20 days ago.
19 days ago
Apr 8, 2024, 5:33:50 PM
Amonabus wrote:

Instead of a surrender Relic really should have included an extra feature with BLOCK player s

You can block players from the social dropdown.

18 days ago
Apr 8, 2024, 10:26:11 PM
John_RE wrote:
Amonabus wrote:

Instead of a surrender Relic really should have included an extra feature with BLOCK player s

You can block players from the social dropdown.

Does blocking just mean that you don't get communication with them or does it keep them from being on the same team with you?

?

Click here to login

Comment