Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Company of Brits

Copied to clipboard!
18 days ago
Apr 12, 2024, 2:25:01 AM

In EVERY single COH game this faction has to be completely game breaking. It seems like people at Relic are just Commonwealth fanboys and they just troll this game by over buffing this one specific faction in every single game because they design them completely different than other factions.

Brit engineers make every single T1 infantry of Wehrmacht retreat,

THe scoped squads literally drain your infantry HP before you can even face them,

Boys make every single light vehicle rush completely useless,

Commandos being both AT and Anti inf,

Aussies combined with early engineers just get map control for free,

Gurkas can defeat EVERYTHING unless you have armoured unit,

Simcity,

Cheap resource caches that benefits both you and your teammate,

Loiter + Naval arty + Extremely effective anti infantry tank and commandos + resource cache + LMG squad in ONE battlegroup,

Matila that wipes any infantry squads,

And if all the above fails and you still cannot play them cause you are blind or your monitor is plugged off, just make Grant it is basically click to win unit, armour of god, firepower of Zeus and accuracy of Robin Hood.

You can check my stats here I am no noob, I have been playing COH since 2006 and enjoyed it until Opposing Fronts came with Brits, same with CoH2 and here is my CoH3 stats:
https://coh3stats.com/players/25698/Arashenstein

Every single game since last "Hot fix" patch Brits is just ruling the map with point and click! It is insanely stupid. I honestly don't get why Relic does this in every COH game this is the ONLY faction that is annoying to play against because it has nothing to do with classic design of the game.

18 days ago
Apr 12, 2024, 2:44:16 AM

the most op unit is the 17pounder at, it  is totally cant counter

18 days ago
Apr 12, 2024, 7:48:08 AM

Yes Relic cant balance they buff brits again and nerf axis with hotfix.. Allies are so OP they just cheese spam infantry and tanks all day. You dont need skill playing allies, only with axis. They have so many OP units. Grants are too strong, mathilda's, archer is easier to get now... 17 pounder range needs a reduction. Americans just spam OP hellcats and rangers this game is getting very tiring. Meanwhile DAK has no late game anymore due tiger nerfs.. Yeah thanks for giving me a panzer 4 every 6 minutes while i'm fighting 5 Grants...

18 days ago
Apr 12, 2024, 12:02:22 PM

17 pounder on Vet 1 also gets the ability to do splash damage to infantry and it is an AT cannon while 88 is a FLAK cannon and it is completely useless against infantry.

Axis has no late game either as Wehrmacht or DAK unless you have panthers. Panthers should be default build option and non doctrinal for wehrmacht there is no way to win grant spam. Grant kills everything both cannons have damage to infantry.

17 days ago
Apr 13, 2024, 6:57:49 AM

You realise both axis factions are performing way better right?

p grens are extremely strong. dak are pretty horrible to play against and wehr are wining around 57% lol

17 days ago
Apr 13, 2024, 10:30:46 AM

Do you guys ever watch high level play? It’d probably help get some perspective and objectivity. I see too many people on this website who lack both filling up threads with toxic rubbish about other players instead of saying anything useful for the devs. Brits have a very good late game no doubt, one of the best until tigers and panthers appear, but it’s all cope until that point at the top of the leaderboard from what I’ve seen. Don’t get triple capped, avoid cqc engagements, don’t over extend or play too aggressively, deal with the strong anti infantry vehicles as best as you can with a limited mid game roster and hold out for tier 3 is usually the theme. If you’re looking for ways to beat the Brits then that’s your answer. They struggle against wehr pgrens, ass grens, whirbles, flak trucks and early aggression. They aren’t the weakest but not many pros are arguing they’re the strongest or OP either. Most seem to be of the opinion that axis are stronger, just not by as much as they were before the hotfix. I’m nowhere near that end of the leaderboard so I don’t base my opinions on my own games and start ranting on forums about it. They can’t balance the game for people who misplay constantly nor does anyone at Relic reading forums get any useful information out of people wailing “x faction is OP, x players have no skills” etc. 

16 days ago
Apr 14, 2024, 8:37:40 AM

a player who says british is strong  never played british

Updated 16 days ago.
14 days ago
Apr 15, 2024, 10:08:20 PM
warwolf2029 wrote:

a player who says british is strong  never played british

I have started playing brits in 1v1 so far no losses and I even won 2 games without even choosing battlegroups or making T3 against ELOs higher than me. And like I said anyone who wants to talk like this is welcomed to add me on Steam and 1v1 me and we will see who has the point, I am a fair person, in before Axis was strong as hell during the first 8 months of release and people were disagreeing with me, now it is more than evident Brits are way broken on other hands USA is auto loss faction.

14 days ago
Apr 16, 2024, 12:00:41 AM
amateurshutin wrote:

Do you guys ever watch high level play? It’d probably help get some perspective and objectivity. I see too many people on this website who lack both filling up threads with toxic rubbish about other players instead of saying anything useful for the devs. Brits have a very good late game no doubt, one of the best until tigers and panthers appear, but it’s all cope until that point at the top of the leaderboard from what I’ve seen. Don’t get triple capped, avoid cqc engagements, don’t over extend or play too aggressively, deal with the strong anti infantry vehicles as best as you can with a limited mid game roster and hold out for tier 3 is usually the theme. If you’re looking for ways to beat the Brits then that’s your answer. They struggle against wehr pgrens, ass grens, whirbles, flak trucks and early aggression. They aren’t the weakest but not many pros are arguing they’re the strongest or OP either. Most seem to be of the opinion that axis are stronger, just not by as much as they were before the hotfix. I’m nowhere near that end of the leaderboard so I don’t base my opinions on my own games and start ranting on forums about it. They can’t balance the game for people who misplay constantly nor does anyone at Relic reading forums get any useful information out of people wailing “x faction is OP, x players have no skills” etc. 

Who do you think I am mate?? Just youtube my name with COH tag on it, I played in COH1 tournys and I also played on beta coh2 tournaments with Spanky. I am not a faction fanboy, at the release of the game until the first 6-7 months you could come here and see I had made posts with tones of evidence that Axis was extremely overpowered and I was being attacked by allied fanboys and each time I asked any of them to  1v1 me to prove their point they never accepted, I check their stats on coh3stats and I see tehy are mostly super low skilled players with bad ELO only playing one faction.

Now same here, in this patch is beyond evident that "Hot Fix" was more than those patch notes we received. British is absolutely and evidently over buffed, just notice how all of their tanks are extremely effective against every target, they make heavy tanks as default option in their tank depot, the infantry in this hot fix is massively armoured.

Here is one logical analysis for you, tell me if I am wrong:

Wehrmacht Cargo truck from Breakthrough costs 200 manpower 20 fuel and 4 pop cap and -5 manpower upkeep and all it does is adding +3 to the point you lock down. Meanwhile the British call in Truck is 100 manpower does not cost any fuel and popcap or upkeep and if you send it to the nearest fuel point which is connected to your base you get 25 fuel  when it returns.
Again on the same note, British air land and sea resource cache unlock makes all caches 150 manpower and they can be built without requiring an engineer, they do not cost any upkeep or fuel and they increase your point by far better additional resource than the trucks and also benefit your teammate too.

Air Land Sea battle is probably the only doctrine that has 6 extremely useful abilities that you almost do not even need to build a base to win, commandos + LMG commandos or howitzer, rocket loiter or incendiary bomb that has massive radius damage unlike the one from breakthrough Wehrmacht, resource cache + Centuar + naval artillery and you can have ALL of them at the same time. Which faction in this game has such a useful battlegroup?

Matilda snipes infantry easily it has too much armour for what it costs (just compare it to US tanks) and it can be built whenever and it can self repair on Vet 1 which you can buy from upgrade HQ. Grant both cannons are extremely effective against all type of targets, it has a lot of armour and good speed for that size and it is super cheap for what it does, just compare it to Panzer IV or Easy 8 and see how cost effective it is.

Rifle sections with scope upgrades doing ultra damage to anything in cover and if they are in green cover you are the one with MG that should retreat. Guards are literally correctly upgraded rangers, 17 pounder is the ONLY at gun in this game that has splash damage on infantry on vet 1 although flak 88 is a flak cannon and has zero splash damage but it should in reality.

British 6 pdr AT guns are the only AT guns in this game with mega damage on tanks without using or needing APCRs like the US one or axis ones.

Royal engineers are not even a support unit they are completely shocktroops unlocked from start of the game that you have to retreat against them with your early units specially as wehrmacht.

M24 Chaffee costs 300 manpower and 50 fuel and cannot do 1% of the job that Stuart does for much less price.

M8 costs more than stuart and cannot do 1% of the job that Staurt does.

Gurkas after this "Hot fix" are secretly buffed that you need two PGs squads to be able to survive against them evne if they don't have thompsons.

Nuclear mortar from indian arty can easily make you retreat on one hit. (All the mistakes from COH2 soviets are here)

Dingo is 200% accurate and much better than any other vehicle in chasing retreating infantry.

Bishop is available as default option but wespe is battlegroup locked and DAK has nothing but a useless late game stuka that almost no one uses.

Brits can have access to buildable heavy tanks without doctrine while DAK best option is a light/medium P3 tank that cannot do anything to any T3 brit tank.

Brits have strong early, mid, late game. No other faction has such advantage specially the US.

14 days ago
Apr 16, 2024, 2:22:52 AM
Arashenstein wrote:
amateurshutin wrote:

Do you guys ever watch high level play? It’d probably help get some perspective and objectivity. I see too many people on this website who lack both filling up threads with toxic rubbish about other players instead of saying anything useful for the devs. Brits have a very good late game no doubt, one of the best until tigers and panthers appear, but it’s all cope until that point at the top of the leaderboard from what I’ve seen. Don’t get triple capped, avoid cqc engagements, don’t over extend or play too aggressively, deal with the strong anti infantry vehicles as best as you can with a limited mid game roster and hold out for tier 3 is usually the theme. If you’re looking for ways to beat the Brits then that’s your answer. They struggle against wehr pgrens, ass grens, whirbles, flak trucks and early aggression. They aren’t the weakest but not many pros are arguing they’re the strongest or OP either. Most seem to be of the opinion that axis are stronger, just not by as much as they were before the hotfix. I’m nowhere near that end of the leaderboard so I don’t base my opinions on my own games and start ranting on forums about it. They can’t balance the game for people who misplay constantly nor does anyone at Relic reading forums get any useful information out of people wailing “x faction is OP, x players have no skills” etc. 

Who do you think I am mate?? Just youtube my name with COH tag on it, I played in COH1 tournys and I also played on beta coh2 tournaments with Spanky. I am not a faction fanboy, at the release of the game until the first 6-7 months you could come here and see I had made posts with tones of evidence that Axis was extremely overpowered and I was being attacked by allied fanboys and each time I asked any of them to  1v1 me to prove their point they never accepted, I check their stats on coh3stats and I see tehy are mostly super low skilled players with bad ELO only playing one faction.

Now same here, in this patch is beyond evident that "Hot Fix" was more than those patch notes we received. British is absolutely and evidently over buffed, just notice how all of their tanks are extremely effective against every target, they make heavy tanks as default option in their tank depot, the infantry in this hot fix is massively armoured.

Here is one logical analysis for you, tell me if I am wrong:

Wehrmacht Cargo truck from Breakthrough costs 200 manpower 20 fuel and 4 pop cap and -5 manpower upkeep and all it does is adding +3 to the point you lock down. Meanwhile the British call in Truck is 100 manpower does not cost any fuel and popcap or upkeep and if you send it to the nearest fuel point which is connected to your base you get 25 fuel  when it returns.
Again on the same note, British air land and sea resource cache unlock makes all caches 150 manpower and they can be built without requiring an engineer, they do not cost any upkeep or fuel and they increase your point by far better additional resource than the trucks and also benefit your teammate too.

Air Land Sea battle is probably the only doctrine that has 6 extremely useful abilities that you almost do not even need to build a base to win, commandos + LMG commandos or howitzer, rocket loiter or incendiary bomb that has massive radius damage unlike the one from breakthrough Wehrmacht, resource cache + Centuar + naval artillery and you can have ALL of them at the same time. Which faction in this game has such a useful battlegroup?

Matilda snipes infantry easily it has too much armour for what it costs (just compare it to US tanks) and it can be built whenever and it can self repair on Vet 1 which you can buy from upgrade HQ. Grant both cannons are extremely effective against all type of targets, it has a lot of armour and good speed for that size and it is super cheap for what it does, just compare it to Panzer IV or Easy 8 and see how cost effective it is.

Rifle sections with scope upgrades doing ultra damage to anything in cover and if they are in green cover you are the one with MG that should retreat. Guards are literally correctly upgraded rangers, 17 pounder is the ONLY at gun in this game that has splash damage on infantry on vet 1 although flak 88 is a flak cannon and has zero splash damage but it should in reality.

British 6 pdr AT guns are the only AT guns in this game with mega damage on tanks without using or needing APCRs like the US one or axis ones.

Royal engineers are not even a support unit they are completely shocktroops unlocked from start of the game that you have to retreat against them with your early units specially as wehrmacht.

M24 Chaffee costs 300 manpower and 50 fuel and cannot do 1% of the job that Stuart does for much less price.

M8 costs more than stuart and cannot do 1% of the job that Staurt does.

Gurkas after this "Hot fix" are secretly buffed that you need two PGs squads to be able to survive against them evne if they don't have thompsons.

Nuclear mortar from indian arty can easily make you retreat on one hit. (All the mistakes from COH2 soviets are here)

Dingo is 200% accurate and much better than any other vehicle in chasing retreating infantry.

Bishop is available as default option but wespe is battlegroup locked and DAK has nothing but a useless late game stuka that almost no one uses.

Brits can have access to buildable heavy tanks without doctrine while DAK best option is a light/medium P3 tank that cannot do anything to any T3 brit tank.

Brits have strong early, mid, late game. No other faction has such advantage specially the US.

I’ve no idea who you are or have any opinion on the matter short of thinking challenging people to 1v1s to prove a point is kinda sad. Given the state of some commenters on this site though I’ll just assume they deserved it. For clarification, mcomment was directed at the 3 or 4 people in the thread who continuously fill up this site with toxicity. It’s tiring, completely useless and often divisive. I would have thought that was pretty obvious if you’d looked through the responses to your thread or spent any time on this site recently. It’s constant. Maybe you don’t see it as a problem but annoys the hell out of me.

As I said, most of the current pros I’ve seen since the patch and hot fix think the Brits are good, but not the best and struggle in the areas I mentioned above. I’m in no position to argue with any of them. You’re welcome to if you feel you have the credentials. In my hands any faction is equally terrible and under performing, but I don’t then go and make rage posts about it or rant on about opposing players being trash for playing a different faction like a lot of people do.

I agree the breakthrough truck is useless if it helps? May as well just build a cache. That ability either needs improvement or just replacing. The Brit cargo truck mechanic is a better version of the same idea. Breakthrough bg seems pretty powerful in the current meta regardless though so not sure how much help it really needs. 

Not sure what Stuart you’re using but I find the m8 and Chaffee significantly better units. Skill issue or cursed rng on my part no doubt but the thing seems to hit everything except the target most of the time. All three units seem fairly irrelevant currently though given the axis at options and recent snare improvements. I don’t see any of them getting played that often compared to a few patches ago.

The 6pdr is great for medium armour but the DAK variant using the new battlegroup buff is probably the best of the 4 as far as I’ve seen recently. That thing shreds any allied armour insanely fast, even the Matilda.

Votes for the 88 getting splash damage? Sure why not. Not a massive factional imbalance in my view but I take your point. 

As for the rest of what you’ve listed, a lot of the units and abilities are powerful I agree. I don’t particularly think that proves the Brits are therefore overtuned although I do agree they’re in a better state than the US at the moment. Every faction has units, battlegroup specific or otherwise which if looked at in isolation are very strong. The US economy for example. The rangers. DAK’s crazy armoury upgrades. Skill smoke. The LEIG, the almost unkillable mortar halftracks, the flaktruck. Wehrs whirblewind or the ‘generalist’ brumbar. Loiters. The newly buffed tiger. I could go on. The game is asymmetric. If a faction straight up can’t counter a unit, mechanic or strategy from another then it’s a problem. I’m not seeing too much evidence that the Brits are uncounterable at the top of the leaderboard as things stand. The US are another story. Is that logical enough or should we 1v1 to sort this out properly?

What secret buff to the Gurkhas by the way? News to me. It’s been wall to wall Aussies for two weeks so maybe that one’s gone by unnoticed by most people. 

14 days ago
Apr 16, 2024, 9:15:54 AM

By asking for 1v1 I do not mean let me show you who is the better player, it is about showing the broken thing which means you will be informed about what exactly I am going to do so you can come with proper counter and yet it fails = it is not balanced. You misread my post about 1v1ing, it is not about who wins it is abuot showcasing the issue by coordinating the unit and its counter and seeing it still failing.

Try go against Gurkas in this patch when they have that vet 1 upgrade pruchased from tech centre and you can clearly seen these gurkas are not the 1.6 gurkas.

Every "call in" ability from Brits is giving you a complete new unit, while every wehrmacht call-in unit is basically a unit that is already buildable in the game (Webel + Jaegers, Hlaftruck + Stursstrupen, Stug + Stusstrupen or 8rad.)

14 days ago
Apr 16, 2024, 10:41:19 AM
Arashenstein wrote:

Every "call in" ability from Brits is giving you a complete new unit, while every wehrmacht call-in unit is basically a unit that is already buildable in the game (Webel + Jaegers, Hlaftruck + Stursstrupen, Stug + Stusstrupen or 8rad.)

because they design to put them as non-doctrinal units in the first place. so Wehr have 4 infantry to build. while other need to call in from doctrinal (UKF, US)

Updated 14 days ago.
14 days ago
Apr 16, 2024, 10:42:19 AM
Arashenstein wrote:

By asking for 1v1 I do not mean let me show you who is the better player, it is about showing the broken thing which means you will be informed about what exactly I am going to do so you can come with proper counter and yet it fails = it is not balanced. You misread my post about 1v1ing, it is not about who wins it is abuot showcasing the issue by coordinating the unit and its counter and seeing it still failing.

Try go against Gurkas in this patch when they have that vet 1 upgrade pruchased from tech centre and you can clearly seen these gurkas are not the 1.6 gurkas.

Apologies if I misunderstood the challenge point. It was the addition of checking their elo which sounded a bit like you’re meaning was more on the ‘don’t talk to me peasant’ vibe. Wouldn’t be the first person to do that in the video game world but glad that wasn’t your point. I hope you also see the reason for mine now that I’ve explained who it was intended for. 

Wehr do have a lot of call ins which are also tech based I agree. But my understanding is that allows for various tech skipping choices to be mitigated, which I personally quite like about them and is fairly unique (airborne have a more limited version) to the faction. The luft battlegroup for example allows you to build t2 but still get an at gun, or build t3 but still have some of the benefit of t2. Is that a bad feature? They do also have a lot of battlegroup units which aren’t also tech based and feel like they have a much larger base roster than the Brits who can’t tech skip at all, so I’m not sure that’s a weakness for wehr or indicates that the Brits are designed better. On paper at least I’d have said that’s a net benefit to wehr. Just my low elo opinion here, but to me I feel like wehr can play very effectively without a battlegroup at all whereas the Brits really need to select one and lean into the strategy it promotes. Given the strength of their late game they can get away with not choosing one but they feel a lot more limited without the extra units and abilities to me, particularly pre late game. You can definitely pick the wrong build and pay for it. Wehr can always side tech for anything they need in a pinch so their battlegroups are more like icing on the cake.

I will try the Gurkhas. They’ve always been one of the best anti infantry units in the game, I doubt many people would argue they weren’t. Happy for them to be given their history but that’s beside the point. Has something actually changed to make them stronger though? Why are they now better? 

14 days ago
Apr 16, 2024, 10:44:21 AM
Arashenstein wrote:

Great point.

?

Click here to login

Comment