Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Mortars with satellite guidance

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Jun 23, 2024, 12:25:54 PM

Good afternoon, guys, can someone tell me why the mortar in this game does not have a scatter and shoots 10 mines at one point? It looks pathetic and deprives fights of realism and tactics.

I would also like to hear the opinion of the community about the effects of explosions in the game, it feels like they are shooting bags of dust, these are the most miserable effects of all parts of the franchise, in particular the effects of mortar shells are hellish squalor.

3 months ago
Jun 23, 2024, 2:20:11 PM

I like that mortars are actually good in 1v1s this time around.

3 months ago
Jun 23, 2024, 5:07:02 PM

It's unfortunate that you like it, it's a simplification, they cut everything out of dawn of war 3 and simplified it as soon as possible, it ended badly, why try to make a clone of red alert from Company of heroes 3 is unclear to me, the developers have already listened to the fans and made us a clone of company of heroes 1 instead of evolution, we got a remake of none there is absolutely no new idea. The technique, by the way, is the same wooden and unrealistic as in the first part.

3 months ago
Jul 2, 2024, 6:50:41 AM
digitalvadim wrote: geometry dash

Good afternoon, guys, can someone tell me why the mortar in this game does not have a scatter and shoots 10 mines at one point? It looks pathetic and deprives fights of realism and tactics.

I would also like to hear the opinion of the community about the effects of explosions in the game, it feels like they are shooting bags of dust, these are the most miserable effects of all parts of the franchise, in particular the effects of mortar shells are hellish squalor.

It's probable that the mortar's single-point spread and ability to fire a single mine at a time in Company of Heroes were deliberate design choices made by the developers for a few reasons:

Realistic: High-explosive shells with a narrow dispersion are what mortars are made to fire. As mortar shells are actually made to produce a precise impact area, using a scatter or several shells would lessen the weapon's effectiveness.
Balance in gameplay: The mortar becomes more precise and focused with a single-point spread, which makes it a more dependable and potent support unit. This enables players to employ it to soften opposing positions or precisely reinforce their forces.
Animation and visuals: The game's animation and graphics are made to be both aesthetically pleasing and simple to comprehend. Players may become confused and frustrated if they can't observe the mortar shell's impact as easily due to a scatter effect.

Updated 3 months ago.
?

Click here to login

Comment