Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

Rangers are still OP

Copied to clipboard!
13 days ago
Oct 8, 2024, 7:55:46 PM

"Two Panzergrenadiers, an engineer, a motorcycle dak, and a medical truck in the rear were not able to handle a ranger and a rifleman in an early-game skirmish.

Rangers are a serious problem for game balance right now, and I'm not even talking about the damage they cause, but rather the speed at which they appear on the battlefield or their excessive defense (they practically take no damage from standard infantry early on).

I've been following the franchise since the first game, I have 4,000 hours in Company of Heroes 2, and I've never seen anything as unbalanced as this."

13 days ago
Oct 9, 2024, 7:49:29 AM
TheDog wrote:

"Two Panzergrenadiers, an engineer, a motorcycle dak, and a medical truck in the rear were not able to handle a ranger and a rifleman in an early-game skirmish.

Rangers are a serious problem for game balance right now, and I'm not even talking about the damage they cause, but rather the speed at which they appear on the battlefield or their excessive defense (they practically take no damage from standard infantry early on).

I've been following the franchise since the first game, I have 4,000 hours in Company of Heroes 2, and I've never seen anything as unbalanced as this."

Indeed, the rangers are an unbalanced unit that simply destroys everything in their path. First, you need to disable the bazooka firing on the move, and secondly, reduce the survivability and sighting from the MG machine gun! I hope they will be nerfed in the next patch

11 days ago
Oct 10, 2024, 8:53:51 PM

One word: Yellow Cover & their vet1.
Yellow cover bonus has to be reduced by 30% imo, as it is what makes elites with increased cover bonuses quiet impervious to damage.

I guess we're still waiting on a retune indeed. Rangers always feel like the Rabbit in the Hat unit, I lost my early game because I don't position well? ... well guess what I'm throwing a single ranger & 5 rifles at you now. xD
Litterally what happened latest, rangers output so much dps & have such a high survivability they can punish the slightest mistake. And right now the issue indeed is only in their infantry on infantry survivability. I suspect they just have too much health, combined with the classic BAR rifle swarm this is very dodgy game design.

Panzer grenadiers (wehr) are starting to have too much HP or yellow cover bonus too, I don't want to see a Ranger unit on either side, I have too much PTSD about those freaking doods.
And cap their weapon loadout to 4, 6 is ludicrous, way too much specialization in a single unit.

a day ago
Oct 21, 2024, 8:17:27 AM

These guys are simply unstoppable at the moment. Need a nerf!!!!!!!!!!

?

Click here to login

Comment