Logo Platform
Company of Heroes 3
Universe banner wording

List of Broken Things

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Feb 24, 2023, 8:16:04 PM

1. Player names not displayed on units

2. Colour palette for allies is wrong (by CoH2 standards)

3. Abilities/Barrages in use do not turn their icon image yellow

4. Tactical overmap does not work correctly (IE pressing M). Cannot shift-queue capture orders to infantry. (No 'capture' icon appears. does work on smaller mini-map). Sector values not updating correctly either for Outposts/upgrades.

5. Kills not properly recorded on units. (Ex. Had a Centaur kill around 40 units, several vehicles and several buildings - Read '0' or '2' for all kill types)

6. 'Target' icon when hovering over enemy units is 'WHITE'. Should be 'RED'. (I guess this one is an opinion!)

Just what I've caught so far. I'll update as I encounter more stuff. (Also Footguards cost 399 MP? Sure.)

This isn't judgment or anything. Just listing the issues I've encountered. Can't even imagine what nonsense just randomly breaks/is broken for the multitude of PC builds.

Modern video card, fully up to date.

2 years ago
Feb 25, 2023, 12:49:42 AM

7. Clicking on the unit portrait (while the unit is already selected) repeatedly will not move the camera to that unit's position or lock the camera to that unit.

8. PIngs do not last long enough and are not loud enough to be useful.

2 years ago
Feb 25, 2023, 1:45:07 AM

9. End game breakdown/graphs/stats pages will disappear for all players when the original host stops/closes their own post game stats.

I've confirmed this happens with a friend. We use discord to stream our pov to each other in team games.

We discuss the graphs/damage post game and quite a few times he's accidentally closed it before i was finished. Within 3 seconds it will close on my side. Every time.

Sidenote: is there an official bug reporting link?

Updated 2 years ago.
2 years ago
Feb 25, 2023, 2:07:39 AM

10. Re-crewed weapons would retain their original voiceovers (It's funny when playing Germans to have my mortar sound Indian or the MG sound very British while the rest of my men are trying to win a war vs them.)

I played all the COH titles and I do know that this was present in the originals, I think in COH1 there were some traces of voice lines that would be unique if the equipment is captured myb in COH2 as well... but I do not remember hearing them. Other than mods myb. This might be a small thing but I do not think it should be excused or encouraged to remain like that.

11. Units getting stuck on terrain. (Sniper, Pathfinders, DAK eng is what I had exp so far) There really should be a failsafe in place that would allow the units to clip through a bench or smth in case they are stuck (retreating does not help).

2 years ago
Feb 25, 2023, 2:08:19 AM

10. No chatting on victory screen

11. Audio seems to bug out for artillery and armor (cuts out or is never heard)

12. There is a delay from when the retreat button is pushed to when the unit retreats (maybe this is a conscious choice by the developers)
14 you cannot repair a destroyed HQ

15. The afrika corps machine gun emplacement has a comical amount of health (and looks like a GLA hole from C&C Generals, lol)

16. american vehicles are always in combat voice when reversing

17. american rifleman show that they have a bar while upgrading to it, aka before they have it

Updated 2 years ago.
2 years ago
Feb 25, 2023, 3:01:17 AM

Afrika Korps recovery vehicle has British voices

Updated 2 years ago.
2 years ago
Feb 28, 2023, 3:27:29 PM

18. Wehrmacht T4 spelling is inconsistent with other tiers (Infantry vs Infanterie)
19. British T3 incorrectly lists its units as Valentine, Sherman and Churchill.
20. Score Screen damage and other numbers are not calculated correctly. (Several times, observed dmg values about 300k).
21. Afrika Korps T4 requirement listing is confusing. Should read 'Two of the following: T2, T3, or FSE of either'
22. No upgrade bar visible above units to indicate time remaining. (It is available to see when unit is selected, but only awkwardly on right hand side above HUD.)
23. Dingo Vet-1 arty call in says that the arty comes from HQ. It doesn't. It's off-map.

Other: 100% agree about the pings comment. Just make it the same damn ping as CoH2 ahaha. We noticed that shit! It worked! :D

Updated 2 years ago.
2 years ago
Mar 3, 2023, 10:52:37 PM

24. Naval Blockade language is NOT completely clear.

"Enemies cannot capture neutral territory and resource points when active."

It should read: "Neutral points will not progress towards capture for the enemy."

Or "No progress towards capture will occur for enemy on neutral territory."

2 years ago
Mar 5, 2023, 2:57:21 PM
JPickering wrote:

23. Dingo Vet-1 arty call in says that the arty comes from HQ. It doesn't. It's off-map.

Yes, I've noticed that as well. Good shout.

25. Certain units (mostly DAK, it seems) have the wrong UI text on them, so for example a full unit description instead of just "Anti-infantry / Support" or whatever their label is supposed to be. I've noticed this on some DAK infantry but it probably exists on other units. A unit's full description is only supposed to show if you hover over their label.

26. The icon for the US Armored Battlegroup is the Sherman Whizzbang, but that unit is for the Special Operations Battlegroup.

27. There are loads of icons that are either wrong (they display the wrong thing), look awful or are just strait ripped from CoH2. Please do a 2D art pass on this game; it is horrendous.

2 years ago
Mar 8, 2023, 10:35:29 PM

28. Offensive Operation ability in US BG causes affected units to be unable to retreat. (Observed this twice now)
29. Accuracy against Bazooka squads seems deeply incorrect. I've seen mortars directly hit unit models, one after another. (Received accuracy value?)

2 years ago
Mar 8, 2023, 11:13:01 PM

31. Unit command buttons do not light up to show they are currently attempting the task. Especially confusing as many units do NOT complete given tasks. (IE Zook 'Z' and Satchels)

2 years ago
Mar 8, 2023, 11:34:33 PM

32. Airdropped units (IE Paratroopers, or units reinforced by air dropped reinforcements) become un-selectable

2 years ago
Mar 9, 2023, 3:18:28 PM

Bridges sometimes not passable after repaired. Also lacking a proper rebuild animation.

2 years ago
Mar 10, 2023, 7:24:32 AM

34. When a vehicle goes through smoke but is still visible to your army, a unit ordered to snare that vehicle will cancel it's snare order, until it can see the enemy vehicle. This is best witnessed against an opponent with panzer tactician smoke, one click and your snare order is gone!

2 years ago
Mar 10, 2023, 8:20:56 AM

35. When starting repairing and stopping instantly after started, units get stuck on their repair gear and can't shoot anymore.
Attackorder on enemy will result in these units just running into the oponent.

36. MGs tend to build themselfs up instantly after going out of a building after retreat order from time to time.

37. Auto targetting is completely wrong right now, meaning Snipers and Mortars tend to focus vehicles when multiple targets (inf and vehicle) in range, while Zooks/AT rifles tend to target Infantery when multiple targets (inf and vehicle) in range.

38. Higher caliber guns such as Tanks and AT guns tend to shoot into the ground excessivly often, even without obstacles and standing still.

39. Abilities have a solid 50% chance of not beeing executed and then not beeing able to cast abilities anymore around the location the bug got triggered.
Units go in range, but won't use the ability as ordered until they get some distance from the spot this bug got triggered.

40. Planes have no proper animations.

41. Pathfinding and vehicle behaviour is absolutely tragic and needs a complete overhaul.

42. Sometimes, when recrewing a squad weapon or emplacement with a medical vehicle, the new spawning crew consiting of 2 men spawn in a retreat stance, running off the map immediatly.

43. Medical Truck of DAK has no movement animation and sound (it just floats across the ground).

---

Points 38, 39 and 41 here should take absolutely top priority.

You can't play the game on a real serious note in a competitive scenario right now, cause these things are influincing the game to such a degree, that on daily basis a few of my games are getting simply decided by the games bugs/clunkiness rather than playermistakes.

The more competitive the scenario (I partly matched against top 10 players already, but move around top 150-200 mostly) the more heartbreaking and soulcrushing these occurances are, that swing the game into the favour of one player just because of its' unpolished nature.

I really hope we can agree that we have to get these frustration factors out of the game first, before we should start to look for other things to add or adjust.

Updated 2 years ago.
2 years ago
Mar 11, 2023, 9:51:28 PM
1337Cammy wrote:

35. When starting repairing and stopping instantly after started, units get stuck on their repair gear and can't shoot anymore.
Attackorder on enemy will result in these units just running into the oponent.

36. MGs tend to build themselfs up instantly after going out of a building after retreat order from time to time.

37. Auto targetting is completely wrong right now, meaning Snipers and Mortars tend to focus vehicles when multiple targets (inf and vehicle) in range, while Zooks/AT rifles tend to target Infantery when multiple targets (inf and vehicle) in range.

38. Higher caliber guns such as Tanks and AT guns tend to shoot into the ground excessivly often, even without obstacles and standing still.

39. Abilities have a solid 50% chance of not beeing executed and then not beeing able to cast abilities anymore around the location the bug got triggered.
Units go in range, but won't use the ability as ordered until they get some distance from the spot this bug got triggered.

40. Planes have no proper animations.

41. Pathfinding and vehicle behaviour is absolutely tragic and needs a complete overhaul.

42. Sometimes, when recrewing a squad weapon or emplacement with a medical vehicle, the new spawning crew consiting of 2 men spawn in a retreat stance, running off the map immediatly.

43. Medical Truck of DAK has no movement animation and sound (it just floats across the ground).

---

Points 38, 39 and 41 here should take absolutely top priority.

You can't play the game on a real serious note in a competitive scenario right now, cause these things are influincing the game to such a degree, that on daily basis a few of my games are getting simply decided by the games bugs/clunkiness rather than playermistakes.

The more competitive the scenario (I partly matched against top 10 players already, but move around top 150-200 mostly) the more heartbreaking and soulcrushing these occurances are, that swing the game into the favour of one player just because of its' unpolished nature.

I really hope we can agree that we have to get these frustration factors out of the game first, before we should start to look for other things to add or adjust.

Yes!! I've seen almost all of these. Abilities not working is so frustrating

2 years ago
Mar 11, 2023, 11:22:53 PM

44. Tanks don't damage buildings when they run into them, they just clip through and turn. (I thought we'd get a more advanced destruction mechanic, maybe i'm a fool.)

2 years ago
Mar 16, 2023, 7:47:38 PM

45. Occasionally when instructing infantry to attack a unit, the small targeting circle is white and not the attack red. Really screws with the visual cueing of when to click! Oddly seems to be the attack red circle if the enemy retreats though. Bug.

2 years ago
Mar 18, 2023, 6:48:27 AM

46. Some American units have a strange relationship when attacked with flamethrower. For example, in many cases the Jeep and M8 will take NO damage from a flamethrower, where the Chaffee seems to take quite high damage from flamethrowers (L6/40 and Gustatori)

Updated 2 years ago.
?

Click here to login

Comment